Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The April 5th patch has ended. Check here for more info.
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4391 Post(s)
    Wait... you shouldn't even get to that page without a VPN on. You'd get redirected to a 'area error' page.

But if you refresh at that screen with the lottery running and through a VPN you'll get into the lottery.

Rep
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Hm.. This is confusing.. Well, I guess I try it at today's lottery and see how it goes.
    Thank you~

127/155! Current Project: Lucky Melon (42/69)
    Event Progress: Goodbye E4!
    "Cosplay is when chicks dress up as different characters - like a nurse, a cop, a cheerleader, your mom."

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Please update the guide that they need to set their computer's time to JST (GMT+9). The best and easiest way to do it is to simply go to your Date/Time settings, set your timezone to GMT+9, then go to the Internet Time and set it to synchronize with time.windows.com. After a refresh, you should be on JST.

Make ships, not war. The love making part comes afterward.
    Pixiv
    | Deviantart | Blog

Kaigun Taisa (海軍大佐) chuwenhsuan's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harisen View Post
    Please update the guide that they need to set their computer's time to JST (GMT+9). The best and easiest way to do it is to simply go to your Date/Time settings, set your timezone to GMT+9, then go to the Internet Time and set it to synchronize with time.windows.com. After a refresh, you should be on JST.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuwenhsuan
    Stuff to do before you begin:
    • Connect to a Japan VPN (You can find a free VPN client here.)
    • Change your operating system time to JST (you do not need to change your BIOS time) (This is VERY, VERY important.)
    • Clear cache
    I think I already have this. Do you mean that I should add in specifics, like how to change time to JST?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Life is like drawing on a blank canvas but with no way to erase.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For one, setting the system clock to JST seems to be the most negligible part of the newbie process, no matter how we stress it. I guess spelling the procedures out in verbatim was one of the best things that could make new players understand.

Make ships, not war. The love making part comes afterward.
    Pixiv
    | Deviantart | Blog

Shinmai Shosa (新米少佐)
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello,

I tried to get on kancolle website, but althought i'm using japan VPN i still get area error. I also tried to clear browser cache, change time settings, but it still doesn't work :( Anyone know how to fix it? I'm using mozilla firefox, OS linux ubuntu 14.04 and for VPN connect i used http://www.purevpn.com server.

Xaradas

Rep
    Mentioned
    4391 Post(s)
    Some Japan VPNs can still return an area error. Have you tried other Japan VPNs?

Shinmai Shosa (新米少佐)
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyana View Post
    Some Japan VPNs can still return an area error. Have you tried other Japan VPNs?
    I tried some other VPN servers and eventually got there, thank you for help (^_^)

Rep
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    is changing the cache size necessary?? i tried everything but i cant change it...

and if i pass the lottery do i still need a jpn vpn and jst timezone??

Rep
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptBauxite View Post
    You don't really need the JST timezone (although maybe keep it for a while, least until things are working) but you will need a VPN to access the game however you can get the API link there which then would allow you to play it without a VPN running. Although you'll need to refresh said link from time to time (like once a month or after large updates)
    what about the cache size??