Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4764 Post(s)
    Wait... you shouldn't even get to that page without a VPN on. You'd get redirected to a 'area error' page.

But if you refresh at that screen with the lottery running and through a VPN you'll get into the lottery.

Rep
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Hm.. This is confusing.. Well, I guess I try it at today's lottery and see how it goes.
    Thank you~

127/155! Current Project: Lucky Melon (42/69)
    Event Progress: Goodbye E4!
    "Cosplay is when chicks dress up as different characters - like a nurse, a cop, a cheerleader, your mom."

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Please update the guide that they need to set their computer's time to JST (GMT+9). The best and easiest way to do it is to simply go to your Date/Time settings, set your timezone to GMT+9, then go to the Internet Time and set it to synchronize with time.windows.com. After a refresh, you should be on JST.

Make ships, not war. The love making part comes afterward.
    Pixiv
    | Deviantart | Blog

Kaigun Taisa (海軍大佐) chuwenhsuan's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harisen View Post
    Please update the guide that they need to set their computer's time to JST (GMT+9). The best and easiest way to do it is to simply go to your Date/Time settings, set your timezone to GMT+9, then go to the Internet Time and set it to synchronize with time.windows.com. After a refresh, you should be on JST.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuwenhsuan
    Stuff to do before you begin:
    • Connect to a Japan VPN (You can find a free VPN client here.)
    • Change your operating system time to JST (you do not need to change your BIOS time) (This is VERY, VERY important.)
    • Clear cache
    I think I already have this. Do you mean that I should add in specifics, like how to change time to JST?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Life is like drawing on a blank canvas but with no way to erase.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For one, setting the system clock to JST seems to be the most negligible part of the newbie process, no matter how we stress it. I guess spelling the procedures out in verbatim was one of the best things that could make new players understand.

Make ships, not war. The love making part comes afterward.
    Pixiv
    | Deviantart | Blog

Shinmai Shosa (新米少佐)
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello,

I tried to get on kancolle website, but althought i'm using japan VPN i still get area error. I also tried to clear browser cache, change time settings, but it still doesn't work :( Anyone know how to fix it? I'm using mozilla firefox, OS linux ubuntu 14.04 and for VPN connect i used http://www.purevpn.com server.

Xaradas

Rep
    Mentioned
    4764 Post(s)
    Some Japan VPNs can still return an area error. Have you tried other Japan VPNs?

Shinmai Shosa (新米少佐)
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyana View Post
    Some Japan VPNs can still return an area error. Have you tried other Japan VPNs?
    I tried some other VPN servers and eventually got there, thank you for help (^_^)

Rep
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    is changing the cache size necessary?? i tried everything but i cant change it...

and if i pass the lottery do i still need a jpn vpn and jst timezone??

Rep
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptBauxite View Post
    You don't really need the JST timezone (although maybe keep it for a while, least until things are working) but you will need a VPN to access the game however you can get the API link there which then would allow you to play it without a VPN running. Although you'll need to refresh said link from time to time (like once a month or after large updates)
    what about the cache size??