Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Spring event has ended. Check the event threads for more info.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    IGN
    S.Razelrink
    Server
    Paramushir Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    @Aelie often I hear that people have their card company declining the transaction instead of vice versa! did your error read something along the lines of "DMM has declined your card"?

thanks to Lycanous for the not-so-existent yet still great signature! I'll get it back one day..

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Razelrink View Post
    @Aelie often I hear that people have their card company declining the transaction instead of vice versa! did your error read something along the lines of "DMM has declined your card"?
    I can't really read Japanese too well, so I checked my prepaid card's transaction log when my card didn't go through. There was a charge from "DMM TOKYO JPN" for 0.02, which was zeroed out few days later. Usually that happens when a company gets authorization to charge my card, but hasn't finalized the amount of charge yet. I've used that card overseas before, so it wasn't as if the card company would decline any international transactions.

This makes me believe DMM can charge my prepaid card, but did not finalized the transaction for whatever reasons. Since my regular credit card worked just fine, I had been thinking it was something about my prepaid card...

IGN
    S.Razelrink
    Server
    Paramushir Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    @Aelie this is strange since I don't think I got an authorisation charge, but then again I only added a debit card (not sure if that makes a difference)! I'll try prepaid cards next time and see how it goes, then let you know

thanks to Lycanous for the not-so-existent yet still great signature! I'll get it back one day..

Rep
    Mentioned
    4504 Post(s)
    I think it might have something to do with your prepaid card. I used a prepaid credit card to make all my purchases. What sort of card is it?

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @Leyana It's American Express prepaid. My credit card worked so I personally don't have a problem. My guess is some prepaid cards have issues - so if your prepaid card doesn't work, a different issuer's card probably will work.

Rep
    Mentioned
    4504 Post(s)
    Mine is a MasterCard so that might be it.

But in the old forums some guy was having trouble and the Japanese site gave him an AmEx number as an example. Is your credit card an AmEx?

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @Leyana Nah, my credit card (that worked) is MasterCard. Maybe Amex freaked out when they saw someone in Texas all of sudden purchase an online-only service that's only available in Japan. :)

Rep
    Mentioned
    4504 Post(s)
    That can be solved with a simple call to the institution that issued the card telling them you'd like to use it overseas.

But then again, I thought prepaid credit cards were treated like cash and if any fraud happened well... sucks to be you. Since they already have your money.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In my case with Amex, calling most likely would have worked. But there is almost no customer service for many people buying prepaid cards. I think most prepaid cards work fine - so if one doesn't work for whatever reason, a different one probably will do.

Kaigun Shousa (海軍少佐)
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What's the ratio of DMM pts to usd? Or more specifically how much would the two extra port for repair and construction cost?