Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Conventions and Expos

Con season is upon us very soon. Do you go to any conventions?

As for me here in California I've attended Anime Expo, Fanime, E3, Comi-Con, WonderCon and even ACG in Hong Kong once.

I'm juggling the idea of possibly arranging an English forum meet up if there's interest.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I attend Anime Expo every year.. Though I'm going to have to miss it this year.

I used to go to Sakuracon and Otakon, along with ComiCon, but have long since stopped going to those. Perhaps next year?

Rep
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I may or may not go to momocon in atlanta in a few weeks. Dunno if though

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ DON'T LET MEMES BE DREAMS༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Rep
    Mentioned
    4864 Post(s)
    Are there any decent cons in Australia?

Shinmai Shosa (新米少佐) hundredthrj's Avatar
    IGN
    hundredthrj
    Server
    Paramushiru Hakuchi
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i havent been to major ones like anime expo or comi-con (but I really would love to go). I am going to my local cons this year though like Anime Mid-Atlantic and Nekocon. I think the idea of the English forum meeting is pretty cool.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know we have Phoenix Comic Con is coming at the beginning of next month for me. I still haven't gone, even though I could just leave work at the end of the day and walk to the convention center. I'm going to miss out on GenCon this year since I made the choice to move. I know Saboten is going to be back in August as well so I'll probably go there and look around. Pester my friend if she sets up a booth again too.

I just saw something for a 'Kantaicon' taking place in South Carolina this year. Yes it's Kancolle themed appearently, and they are holding it on the USS Yorktown.
    http://kantaicon.com/

Rep
    Mentioned
    4864 Post(s)
    @Wulfen That's.... interesting...

'Weapons policy'.... wow.... is that normal for anime cons?

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For some conventions I hear it is. I think PAX East and SDCC limit weapon lengths to 6 or 7 feet in height. I know their are restrictions on 'firearms' in some places as well (i.e. No nerf guns that can still fire, no airsoft guns, etc.) but to be honest I don't know what the whole thing is....most I've done in costuming is SCA and we were encouraged to make polearms and such out of rattan and beat the crap out of each other.

I just started going to conventions as of last year anyway, Gencon was my first. I haven't done anything special for one yet so I would not be the one to tell you how those rules work out :/

Rep
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I want to go to some but the most interesting ones aren't in the UK =/

Current Goals:
    Maya K2 - 60/75
    Chikuma K2 - 50/70
    Kiso K2 - 50/65

Rep
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfen View Post
    I know we have Phoenix Comic Con is coming at the beginning of next month for me. I still haven't gone, even though I could just leave work at the end of the day and walk to the convention center. I'm going to miss out on GenCon this year since I made the choice to move. I know Saboten is going to be back in August as well so I'll probably go there and look around. Pester my friend if she sets up a booth again too.

I just saw something for a 'Kantaicon' taking place in South Carolina this year. Yes it's Kancolle themed appearently, and they are holding it on the USS Yorktown.
    http://kantaicon.com/
    omg yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssss
    That's so dope it's dopier than the entire drug stash of the Mexican drug cartels

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad I'm not gonna drive like 5 hours to get to SC

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ DON'T LET MEMES BE DREAMS༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ