Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Spring event will be starting on 2th May. Check here for more info.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The video game music of the day !

Hello guys. This thread objective is to make people discover new musics. But it's not like the "what are you listening thread". I'll choose musics there and there from video games and put them here even if I'm not listening to them particulary. The goal is to make you discover musics and maybe some nostalgia. I'll try to pick beautiful ones of course. I'm open to any suggestion (in MP would be the best to keep the surprise to others).
    I'm waiting your opinions on the concept of this thread and of course on the musics, I'm going to post. Enjoy, please !

Today's music :
    Game : Gauntlet Dark Legacy
    Track : Altar of Skorne
    Composer : Barry Leitch

Gauntlet is a bit famous but Gauntlet Dark Legacy wasn't the best of the licence by far. People didn't like it so much compared to the others... but it's not because of it's music, oh no !

This is the music at the Altar of Skorne when you're fighting this big boss. The quick organ makes me think about some Bach for some reasons. I find it really catchy and good to hear.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IGN
    Gidemo
    Server
    Buin Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2258 Post(s)

Re: The video game music of the day !

Ah, memories of playing Gauntlet with my brothers...Although it wasn't playing Dark Legacy. Good to hear the music's about the same though.

"One never stops truly learning."
    Enlistment: A Story from the Observer (Part Twenty-six Complete!)
    Twitch | Status: Offline

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Game : Perfect Dark
    Track : Pelagic II : exploration
    Composer : Grant Kirkhope

Perfect Dark. This game was considered by many as Goldeneye007's successor on the N64. It had a good story, had a low number of bugs and was really enjoyable. The musics have a role in this success.
    When you say Grant Kirkhope, I first think about Banjo-Kazooie and it's catchy songs. In Perfect Dark, the music is more centered on the atmosphere, it gives. You have less enjoyable songs to listen alone but when you're playing, it's not a problem at all. But there are still a few very enjoyable ones. I first thought about the Carrigton Defense music but... well yeah, I just like this one more.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Game : No More Heroes 2 : Desperate Struggle
    Track : Philistine
    Arrange : Fukuda

No More Heroes is a game where you're controlling a pervert stupid bud badass otaku assassin who's fighting with a 'beam katana'. Not bad uh ? Well it's rated R-18 but it's music is for everyone !

Philistine is the theme of Margaret Moonlight. She's a gothic lolita fighting with scythes which are also rifles. The theme is a song, she's singing before killing people and it's the last thing, they're supposed to hear before dying. The Japanese and European version is a remix from Fukuda while american version has the original one. I prefer this version and it's my favorite theme from this game by far ! Really catchy, entertaining. I love it !

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A friend of mine gave me this music. I liked it so much... I'm putting it here for the music of the day.

Game : Fire Emblem Awakening
    Track : Don't speak her name
    Composer : Rei Kondoh

I don't have much to say as I didn't play this game. This music is so full of epic atmosphere and this piano... A pleasure in my ears !

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Game : Super Mario RPG
    Track : Armed Boss
    Composer : Yōko Shimomura

Oh this game ! It was hard but the universe was quite goofy. Most things had no sense and it was funny. This boss theme is showing it perfectly. You're versus a strong boss but it's not the feeling, you have. It's really... a game.

If you enjoy listening to all this, don't hesitate to comment !

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Game : Goldeneye 007
    Track : Statue
    Composer : Grant Kirkhope

Oh this game ! You all at least heard about it, right ? From the famous James Bond movie, this game means nostalgia for a whole generation of gamers. It was incredible for when it came out !
    This music is from a particular stage, everyone remembers well. You're in a big park filled with statues and it's kind of a maze. You can get lost for a long time when you don't know it.

The music itself is quite mysterious and sometimes majestic. I think it suits perfectly to the place, we're walking in.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IGN
    Nitroflame
    Server
    Hitokappu Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just a Random comment about it. Back in the day i used to listen to the game music all the time cause that's what I had to listen, but now I have mostly mute all game music and either watch a show on the 2nd screen or play one my own playlists. I kind of miss good music from games nowdays since I do that.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

@Nitroflame That's a shame ! There are so good musics in video games ! And they have a good sound quality nowadays.

Musuc of the day :

Game : Starfox Assault
    Track : Star Wolf
    Composed by Koji Kondo, and arranged by Yoshinori Kawamoto

My favorite version of this musics ! Many heard this theme but I don't think, many know this particular version. Enjoy !

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Game : Medal of Honor : Frontline
    Track : Escaping Gotha
    Composer : Michael Giacchino

This game has the best musics of it's licence in my opinion. Escaping Gotha really make you feel the fight. You have a whole symphonic orchestra and they're using everything, they got in it for a great result !

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]