Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 344
  1. #231
    Vice-Admiral Kuropo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep
    29
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goesto11 View Post
    @Kuropo: Are you using Nelson Touch at Node S? I'm using it so far so not having too much of an issue at Node S in terms of passing rate (sometimes, but less often than not). However, some key ship get hit to chuuha :/ Not sure if I'm having above average luck getting to boss (at Boss, not so much) or if you're just having bad luck, but passing rate with usual comp used here seems to be around 50%. Maybe a bit less, but seems like you're having more trouble than most. :/ You're a veteran player so doubt it's comp/load-out, but maybe?

    If you're not using Nelson Touch (saving it for Boss node), then that changes things IMO. It's what I'm struggling with TBH. I'm getting killed at the boss node with LD (well, more so than chipping). So... really don't know here. Went 4x LBAS bombers for LBAS Group 2 to maybe sink more in boss escort so my main fleet might do something to boss main before getting killed. Nelson Touch? IF I get past Node S & no damage to key ships, IF it triggers, IF it targets Ne-CA (might sink those), IF it does enough damage so I can not have boss in NB with 4x meat shields every single time.

    I guess if I had a luck-modded Yuudachi, then can just put here as flag with a decent trigger chance and hope she does 600+ damage to boss or something. Maybe do that with Ayanami. Go 3x torps as flag and hope NB TCI triggers and huge NB DA hit on boss. Just... don't know here. Really dn't want to spend 500, 700+ buckets and 100k or more resources to clear one map.

    Sorry I can't be of more help. :< Best of luck to us both.
    Nope, saving Nelson touch for boss node, but I might as well just try without touch against boss..

    During pre-finals, I also didn't always use Nelson touch at node S, but did assign a land base there, which worked relatively well.


    My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

    Hello!

  2. #232
    Admiral goesto11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Posts
    5,089
    Rep
    183
    Mentioned
    1725 Post(s)
    @Kuropo: That's probably it. If Nelson Touch triggers at start of shelling, can hit the Ne-CA pretty hard (assuming targeted) which helps greatly with passing Node S. Can clear w/o Nelson Touch, though I suspect hit does help b/c as I noted, I always have those bloody same 4 meat shields around for NB. Not only that, FFleet doesn't do much usually. If I'm lucky, will take one down to taiha or even sink. Wouldn't waste any LBAS on Node S unless trying to see if trade off of one LBAS Group for Nelson Touch at boss node is worth it.

    Given your comments & my own observations, don't think I'll be dropping Nelson Touch at Node S (Akitsushimo just got taiha'd there LOL, but that was only damage). Only change right now I'm considering is swapping Shigure & Ayanami - putting Ayanami (luck modded) as flag w/ 3x torps. Then just hope Ayanami isn't below light damage, etc. etc. and one-shot the boss (hopefully damaged some for this to work).


    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.


  3. #233
    Vice-Admiral Kuropo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep
    29
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goesto11 View Post
    @Kuropo: That's probably it. If Nelson Touch triggers at start of shelling, can hit the Ne-CA pretty hard (assuming targeted) which helps greatly with passing Node S. Can clear w/o Nelson Touch, though I suspect hit does help b/c as I noted, I always have those bloody same 4 meat shields around for NB. Not only that, FFleet doesn't do much usually. If I'm lucky, will take one down to taiha or even sink. Wouldn't waste any LBAS on Node S unless trying to see if trade off of one LBAS Group for Nelson Touch at boss node is worth it.

    Given your comments & my own observations, don't think I'll be dropping Nelson Touch at Node S (Akitsushimo just got taiha'd there LOL, but that was only damage). Only change right now I'm considering is swapping Shigure & Ayanami - putting Ayanami (luck modded) as flag w/ 3x torps. Then just hope Ayanami isn't below light damage, etc. etc. and one-shot the boss (hopefully damaged some for this to work).
    Thanks for the suggestion, I haven't thought of using Nelson touch at node S instead...
    It certainly looks very doable without Nelson touch at boss node for Final Kill. If only my full hp Shigure with 3 torps triggered TCI instead (she did target the boss),,, :/
    Got the boss down to 1/3 hp, TCI definitely would have killed.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Now to just 139 hp.. At least I am getting to the boss though.


    My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

    Hello!

  4. #234
    Admiral goesto11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Posts
    5,089
    Rep
    183
    Mentioned
    1725 Post(s)
    @Kuropo: Glad I could help. And yeah, I had 1 (just the one) run like that except if only Shigure was not at chuuha, then would have been enough damage to sink boss. Anyway, getting bunch of retreats now so don't expect a great passing rate without spamming repair goddess. [Edit - make that 5 retreats in a row.... *sigh*], but hopefully that will pass. Put Ayanami as flag now so hoping for that lucky escort flag NB TCI to clear this. Way my escort fleet gets hammered just not seeing much of a chance otherwise. :/


    Last edited by goesto11; 01-03-2020 at 05:13 PM.
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.


  5. #235
    Captain Danielosama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    IGN
    Danielosan
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Posts
    433
    Rep
    8
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    @Kuropo Imo you need Touch at Boss to clear the some of main fleets' escorts, you can't really count on FF to do that for you most of the time (unless you get lucky and get a FF full of TCI and they all trigger).


    Last edited by Danielosama; 01-03-2020 at 05:11 PM.


    Death from above!

  6. #236
    Vice-Admiral Kuropo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep
    29
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    @goesto11 @Danielosama

    I honestly think using Nelson touch at node S is the better call here. Out of my first 16 Final Kill attempts, only 1 made it to the boss node. So far, not saving the touch for boss node, my fleet encountered the boss twice out of 3 attempts. Though, not all retreats happen at node S of course, but it is extremely hard to pass said node with only normal node support.
    Nelson touch also didn't work out as great for me at the boss node unless on Green T encounter. (Not to mention, I actually did better in the recent 2 boss encounters.) In the end, I think it is still very much reliant on sniping the boss down with TCI, since escorts are very hard to kill regardless of Nelson touch. Back to old school map clearing I suppose.


    My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

    Hello!

  7. #237
    Admiral goesto11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Posts
    5,089
    Rep
    183
    Mentioned
    1725 Post(s)
    @Danielosama: Problem is that (A) you need to get past Node S and (B) even if you do (i) will Nelson be at light damage or better (otherwise, no Nelson Touch), (ii) what shape with Hiei & Kirishim a be in when reach boss. Chuuha will not help for damage; (iii) will Nelson Touch trigger; and (iv) what extra damage to your escort fleet boss killers will you take if you don't wipe out Node S Ne-CA with Nelson touch? I suppose you might sink boss with a chuuha ship, but need a LOT of luck with that.

    Not saying it's unfeasible to save Nelson Touch for Boss - I thought about it, but not a panacea either to where it's 100% sure the best way to go. Do agree that Friend Fleet doesn't mean much for final kill. :/

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuropo View Post
    In the end, I think it is still very much reliant on sniping the boss down with TCI, since escorts are very hard to kill regardless of Nelson touch. Back to old school map clearing I suppose.
    Yep, and for me, getting to the point to where it's specifically your escort fleet flagship needs to sink boss. Rest of escort fleet gets hit too hard before getting much of a chance. I'm burning 9-11 buckets per trip to boss on this godforsaken map.


    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.


  8. #238
    Vice-Admiral Kuropo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep
    29
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goesto11 View Post
    @Danielosama: Problem is that (A) you need to get past Node S and (B) even if you do (i) will Nelson be at light damage or better (otherwise, no Nelson Touch), (ii) what shape with Hiei & Kirishim a be in when reach boss. Chuuha will not help for damage; (iii) will Nelson Touch trigger; and (iv) what extra damage to your escort fleet boss killers will you take if you don't wipe out Node S Ne-CA with Nelson touch? I suppose you might sink boss with a chuuha ship, but need a LOT of luck with that.

    Not saying it's unfeasible to save Nelson Touch for Boss - I thought about it, but not a panacea either to where it's 100% sure the best way to go. Do agree that Friend Fleet doesn't mean much for final kill. :/
    I agree, every sortie not reaching the boss is a missed chance. Reaching the boss still nets you the CHANCE to snipe down the boss and clear the map. Using Nelson touch at node S increases boss encounter rate very significantly and therefore your chance to clear the map!

    - - - Updated - - -

    My most recent attempt (4th sortie with Nelson touch at node S, 3rd boss encounter):



    Battle player: http://kc3kai.github.io/kancolle-rep...om/7XisU7D.png

    Big yikes... Closest I got so far... So very close... :/
    Green T was a big factor in this though.


    My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

    Hello!

  9. #239
    Rear-Admiral
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,265
    Rep
    17
    Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    @Danielosama - yeah, I was... but then I tried @goesto11's set up below and it worked on the first go against the hard formation as well. I know that's just RNG but jeez.



  10. #240
    Admiral goesto11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Posts
    5,089
    Rep
    183
    Mentioned
    1725 Post(s)
    @firehawk12: Glad it worked for you.

    ***Incoming Rant*** Thanks to 9 retreats in the last 12 sorties (and when I got to the boss I left with a lovely C-rank loss - not even close to sinking boss), my passing rate for LD is now about 33%. Pick ONE Tanaka because low pass rate and low chance to sink boss, IMO, is bad Kancolle. Bashing my head against RNG time & time again isn't fun. This is WITH Friend Fleet, which as noted above, really does not do much of anything unless you are lucky when it comes to final kill. Be nice to clear this soon so maybe, just maybe, I'd have some resources left to beg RNG for some Maruyu to luck mod. /rant


    2 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    Last edited by goesto11; 01-04-2020 at 12:58 AM. Reason: typo
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.


 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:59 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 7.41%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.3 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Thread / Post Bookmarks provided by Thread / Post Bookmarking v1.1.1pl1 (Free) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Live Threads provided by AJAX Threads (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com