Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying Manga

Shinmai Shosa (新米少佐) Fog_Battleship_Amagi's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Buying Manga

So where is the best place online to buy Japanese manga in English? There are several series i would like to buy/ am collecting that i have gotten some of the first few books through Barnes and Nobles but i was wondering if there was anywhere else i could buy from?

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Buying Manga

Do you mean English sites selling manga in Japanese? Or sites selling translated manga?
    If it's the former, I can suggest

HMV ONLINE: Online Shopping & Information Site for Music/ DVD/ Blu-ray/ Books/ Games/ Goods [English Site] and
    CDJapan : Japanese Anime, Jpop, Japanese music, Game music, Japanese movie, CD, DVD

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kinokuniya and Amazon JP are always really great. Shipping only really balances out (what I mean by that is, Localized Manga generally costs 9-10 USD each, and Japanese Manga is around 4-5 USD each, and shipping per volume would bring up the Japanese manga price to the same as localized manga) if you buy 4+ volumes, but you always have to expect high shipping costs for anything outside of your continent.

Here's the best selling manga section for Amazon JP Amazon.co.jp ƒxƒXƒgƒZƒÂ⠀°Ã‚[: ƒRƒ~ƒbƒN ‚Ì’Ââ€*‚à ƒâ€¦Ã‚ÂÃƒâ€¦Ã‚â€šÃƒÂ* l‹C‚Ì‚ÂÂ* ‚鏤•i €šÃƒâ€¦Ã‚‚·
    Here's Kinokuniya BOOKS KINOKUNIYA Homepage NOTE that you have to search "Japanese Books" using the original japanese titles (if you search for a title in romanji or english, it won't give you the Japanese manga, just localized manga if you search in "English Books")

Hope you find what you're looking for!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TTK since 2/7/2015
    Recent Accomplishments: Spring on Hard @ HQ84, many Kai Ni's since
    Currently Focusing on: More kai ni's, Ro-500 Marriage progress @ 95/99

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitensis View Post
    Do you mean English sites selling manga in Japanese? Or sites selling translated manga?
    If it's the former, I can suggest

HMV ONLINE: Online Shopping & Information Site for Music/ DVD/ Blu-ray/ Books/ Games/ Goods [English Site] and
    CDJapan : Japanese Anime, Jpop, Japanese music, Game music, Japanese movie, CD, DVD
    sites selling translated manga

Rep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Amazon is generally the go to for English stuff. I've also heard good things about Powell's.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Amazon for older print, Barnes & Noble for newer things, or direct from the translator for all English translations.

Commander
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

In the UK there is a store called Forbidden Planet. I used to buy all my manga there because they had a huge selection and a 3 for 2 deal on all manga. It's still the cheapest place I know to buy manga, plus they often have nendroids and nendroid petits in too. However it takes them a long time to get new manga in, and I've resorted to Amazon which is slightly more expensive but you can get whatever you want there almost straight after release.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well thank you everyone for the quick feedback! i honestly would never have though of amazon! : P
    @URSvAir14 @mintea @Pink Ryuuhou @astrum @Sitensis

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Surprised no one mentioned Rightstuf

Right Stuf | Anime, Manga and More @ Right Stuf

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rightstuff usually has he cheapest prices. They also have frequent sales on their stuff for more savings.