Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

View Poll Results: Direction of Glow Red?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Idea 1

23 33.82%
  • Idea 2

45 66.18%
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Direction of the new theme: Glow Red

So Lycanous, artificial, and I were working on this "dark" theme that we promised a long while ago (admittedly I slacked off a lot but forgive me pls), and we're honestly stuck on what kind of direction the new theme should take.

We came up with two drafts, and I want you guys to look into them and vote on which one you like more. Remember, these are just ROUGH DRAFTS. The actual design may or may not differ, including minute details etc. If you have any suggestions, by all means, post down below. Please vote on one.

Idea 1 - Put a banner on the top with a blend to a dark background
    http://i.imgur.com/DviBjbs.png

Idea 2- Put vertical renders on each side. Not sure what we're doing with the top yet.
    http://i.imgur.com/IeYLxfB.png

Here's a possibly a variation of idea 2

http://i.imgur.com/bUsCUI6.png

Looking forward to your input.

<@Saya> wat is ani3m
    <@Dargoth> don't pretend you aren't the most hardcore otaku in the channel

Server
    Tawi-Tawi
    Rep
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)

Re: Direction of the new theme: Glow Red

That's... not really as dark as I thought it would be. Is the white-on-black style like Beacon not possible?

sometimes i stream using hitbox, sometimes twitch

Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

@Zylphe We didn't edit the theme colors too much just yet, but you're right. We don't intend on making it all black like Beacon, mainly because of element color conflicts. If I put a dark element on a light theme it'll show fine but if I put it on dark theme it won't, obviously. We can more or less fudge a lot of things, but the post BODY we can't afford to budge. That thing should at the VERY least be a light grey to allow a black font to be shown.

<@Saya> wat is ani3m

Kaigun Shosho (海軍少将) ScarletSoul's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

In my opinion idea 2 looks best currently. I feel if Glow Red is supposed to be the darker theme that idea 1 is a little too bright. Idea 2 looks about what i'd expect though while still looking functional. Just the lack of a banner or anything at the top currently (but you've acknowledged this so no real problem there.)

Scarlet's Disclaimer: If the post above this promises DOOM in some way, shape, or form related to anything with an RNG factor in it; just remember that Lady Luck hates Scarlet's guts. So you're probably fine.

Discord and Chaos! Come chat with us on the dark side!

Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

@ScarletSoul We're also well aware idea 1 has a lot of white. We can reduce that.

<@Saya> wat is ani3m

IGN
    Lempika
    Server
    Saiki Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

I think I prefer the second design with the way they are right now. The ratio between the red and dark grey is pretty nice. How about possibly lowering the opacity of the white background on the first one?

HQ 106 | SENDAI 154 | RESTOCKING | KAI NI LIST | PIXIV | TWITTER | STEAM | ART THREAD

dranzerstar: I cant even find panties on lem twitter | dranzerstar: im internetly upset

Server
    Iwakawa
    Rep
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saya View Post
    @Zylphe We didn't edit the theme colors too much just yet, but you're right. We don't intend on making it all black like Beacon, mainly because of element color conflicts. If I put a dark element on a light theme it'll show fine but if I put it on dark theme it won't, obviously. We can more or less fudge a lot of things, but the post BODY we can't afford to budge. That thing should at the VERY least be a light grey to allow a black font to be shown.
    Does Glow Red's default text color need to be the same as Silent Blue for some reason?

the post body's brightness is my biggest concern with this.

Rep
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)

I personally very much like the dark body of Beacon. It's very easy on the eyes. I might prefer something with a darker gray in the body.

IGN
    artificial88
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laser View Post
    Does Glow Red's default text color need to be the same as Silent Blue for some reason?

the post body's brightness is my biggest concern with this.
    This is what we have to deal with if we go for two extremes. Or in other words, having one pure light theme and a pure dark theme. It's impossible to keep things consistent.

The base theme we're tweaking is light to begin with too, and like Saya said, we ran into visual bugs when converting it to a dark theme.

>tfw dead inside
    FB PAGE | DEVIANTART | STEAM
    HQ103 | WANTED: >>I-58 NO.2<< | TAIHOU | YAMATO | IOWA | OYASHIO

Rep
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by artificial View Post
    This is what we have to deal with if we go for two extremes. Or in other words, having one pure light theme and a pure dark theme. It's impossible to keep things consistent.
    Honestly sounds like something a little programming could fix.

I think even a really light gray would be better for the post bodies than white. You'd could still put black on it and it'd look good. The current Beacon is gray text on black background, so why not just reverse it?

Leyana colored for me!<3 Alt Siggy by El Lagarto
    HQ:107 Playing since:02/10/14 Collection complete! 5/7/2015