Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Fall event Maint will start on 17th Nov. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      New Forum "Azur Lane" has been added to User Suggested Forums

View Poll Results: Direction of Glow Red?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Idea 1

23 33.82%
  • Idea 2

45 66.18%
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    IGN
    Subpyro
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Re: Direction of the new theme: Glow Red

I'm by far more taken with Idea 1 than Idea 2. Regardless, I'll probably be keeping to the Silent Blue theme as blue on white/grey is more pleasant to me personally than red on black/grey.

Still, between the two, the first one feels better for me than the second.

Server
    Iwakawa
    Rep
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)

I could see something like #4e4e64 working as a color for the post body and possibly other parts of the menu.

[+] Spoiler

I like option 2 more. always liked being able to see beacon's background pic

IGN
    Lempika
    Server
    Saiki Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

I get that the background image for the variation of idea 2 is probably dota related, but the red to black circular gradient is really coolio. Also I totally think having the banner centered would be nice too, like the variation. Some logo with transparency to place on top of the background.

HQ 107 | SENDAI 155 | RESTOCKING | KAI NI LIST | PIXIV | TWITTER | STEAM | ART THREAD

dranzerstar: I cant even find panties on lem twitter | dranzerstar: im internetly upset

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Idea 1 is a little too bright for my eyes >~<

Idea 2 variation sounds err would look good with a dash of gray; black and white have greatly differing contrasts would add to eyestrain~

Hmm maybe make the red a dash more transparent or a little melower~ish... I can't put my finger on it but it's a little too red for me~

Hard work and effort will never betray you but RNG-sama will screw you over faster than you can say Solomon Merry Go round.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Folseus View Post
    I personally very much like the dark body of Beacon. It's very easy on the eyes. I might prefer something with a darker gray in the body.
    This. I'm using Silent Blue theme mainly because I really hate reading stuff on plain white. If you want to remove the current dark theme and put this one with white body, plz consider a third option with this theme and a grey/dark grey body at least.

Rep
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)

I think that the 2nd draft looks the best actually. Could it be possible to darken the categories window to keep writing in luminous and bright coulours ? Actually, drafts are still too much divided into dark and bright colours (only personnal thought). In comparison of the actual theme, where only writing are kept dark, our eyes don't need to search where is the information to read.

In comparison of your drafts where we actually are actually attracted by the categories windows colours first, then have to search the informations in secondly.

Not sure if you understand my point of view, I don't find the right words to explain it..

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/11/63/99/79/wi3nav11.png
    Thanks to @Neskape for this signature !
    Many thanks to @Fuda ! Regulars GCT are wonderful !

Rep
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)

If I am forced to pick between idea 1 and 2, I would pick idea 2.
    But as some users have mentioned above, Is there a way to make the theme as dark as Beacon?
    In the screenshots there are a lot of light grey and grey that has pretty high contrast.
    I'm no graphics designer but when I'm programming at work (which is pretty much roughly half of the time I spend in the forum), pretty much all my terminals and text editors are all black background.
    Beacon is easy for my eye because there's less brightness/contrast switch between my work windows and the forum.

It'll be interesting to add a third option in the forum in the lines of 'make it darker than idea 1/2', but if you guys think it's too much work or are unable to make the colors play well with each other, forget what I said.

Goals: Find Yamato..

Siggy by kuavera. Alt siggy by Valkirion

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Since the choice are between those 2, I prefer number 2 since from the way I see it the first choice isn't giving much difference than the current Silent Blue theme

Also I like @laser's color idea for the main body color since it's not too bright, nor dark and both white and black colored text still can be read easily

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I personally prefer the style of the second draft. However, as others have already stated, it still looks rather bright. A more muted red in the headings, and a light/medium grey in the body might be easier on the eyes. Currently, there is just too much of a contrast between the background and the foreground.

Either way though, both drafts appear to be heading in the right direction. Thank you all for your hard work.

Rep
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

@Saya
    idea 2 look far more better than idea 1

but background color of category title (9e0000) is quite strong

i think 9f1f1f is better