Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5665 Post(s)

2020 New Year quest and update

Patchnote:

1. Introduction of new year CG for Yamato, Iowa, Hiei k2, Akagi, Kazagumo, Samuel B. Roberts

2. Introduction of new year furniture

3. Introduction of new year BGM for some maps and jukebox.

4. Introduction of new year lines and end of Comiket lines.

5. Introduction of 4 new year quests:

a) 賀正!令和二年'水雷戦隊'出撃始め!
    A/S rank for 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 2-1 with 1CL+xDD (CL flagship)

Reward: riceball x2/T95 dc x2/Irako x2 and goddess x1

b)謹賀新年!'水上機母艦'出撃せよ!

Two A/S rank for 2-2, 2-3, 2-4 (AV/CAV flagship)

Reward: SCAMP/plane mat x3/AA rocket x6 and Type 2 spf x2/Zuiun 631 x1/Late298B +2 x2

c) 令和二年護衛始め!'海上護衛隊'抜錨!

Two A/S rank for 1-5, 1-6, 7-1 (Use DD/DE only and 1 CVL max)

Reward: Ka gou gryo x2/T2 DC x2/Screw x4 and Burner x10/dev mat x8/furniture fairy x1

d) 迎春!軽巡'夕張'、北へ!

Three S rank for 3-5 (Yuubari or DD flagship and 2DD)

Reward: 14cm twin gun kai+8 x2/T1 bomber mod 34 +4/Proto Toukai x1

Last edited by 211303; 01-01-2020 at 08:02 PM.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.

Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Damn that Tanaka, honestly.

I've spent months complaining how we don't get chances for acquiring more Toukai. And now he pairs the Toukai with another super-rare LBAS plane that was last available, what, 2.5 years ago as a hard-only event reward?

Is this some kind of cruel and unusual method of torture? As it is, I'm seriously considering taking that rare bomber over a 3rd Toukai...

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1722 Post(s)
    @211303: Thanks for the TL/info. Any idea how long quest will be available? Assuming it ends when event ends (Jan 14th) since that's mid-month, but perhaps not

Couple questions: Like your thoughts/recommendations on some rewards as I'm unsure what I should pick

(1) For "B" - definitely getting the SCAMP (only have the one), but not quite 100% certain as to sure as to Type 2 spf x2/Zuiun 631 x1/Late298B +2 x2. Almost sure will pick the Late 298B since it's improved and right now can't improve those (also free even if you could). OTOH, rarely use those if ever (probably should w/ Comm Teste, but rarely use her. Nisshin is my "go to" AV these days). I have a lot of SPB incl. 3x Late298 (also Zuiun K2 634 skilled, Zuiun 634 skilled, 5x Zuiun M12, 5x Zuiun 634 AG, etc.). The Type 2 SPF wouldn't hurt (though have 2x Kyoufuu kai, 2x T2 SPF skilled, T2 SPF & 2x Ro.44). However, can make T2 SPF so will get Late 298b unless I'm missing something (possible). Also, ugh need more inventory cleaning. :/

(2) Bigger question is the 14cm Twin Kai +8 x2 or T1 LBAS Bomber Mod 34 +4 (have 4x Toukai already). Improved LBAS bomber is good though this is range 8. OTOH, can't improve the 14cm twin K2 either and +8 is pretty good. Have 2x 14cm Kai now & never use. Have 3x Ginga (thanks to last month's rewards), a T1 Nonaka (screwed up prior month ranking so no 2nd one >_>), 2x T1 M22 and 2x T1 34. Also 8x T1 so plenty of LBAS bombers. Usually go with 2x improved 20.3cm (no2 or no. 3) on Yuubari. For AV stick with improved OTO 152mm (assuming same category as 15.2cm yellow) since I don't like the accuracy penalties. According to KC Wikia, even 14cm Twin Kai give Nisshin -5 (base) -7 (Kai) penalties. Pretty stiff, albeit, mostly (but not entirely) offset via +8 improvement and gun's base +3 accuracy. The fit bonuses on Nisshin are pretty good. Could use those maybe with anti-installation load out? Then there's whatever bonuses w/ Yuubari K2 coming up (maybe higher than base/kai model). Thoughts on this? Tempted to take the T1 M34 +4, but not sure.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -
    @friggo: Tough choice. Full LBAS group of Toukai are great for wiping out those pesky submarine nodes if you don't have 4 of those (also range 8). I'd be tempted to take the Toukai and hope to pick up a 4th later, but yeah, +4 M34 LBAS bomber is nice as well.

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Rep
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    a) Riceball and Irako rewards are both pretty nice. Riceballs are essentially free screws and Irakos are saves us from the horrible sparkling (albeit unreliably). I reckon the Riceballs to be more valuable due to the free screws though. Also, with 77 Mamiyas and 171 Irakos, there is no need for more of the latter.

b) No real need for a third SCAMP, but I'll probably take that even though I have use for more AA rockets. Oh well, I can always farm those rockets.
    The second choice is a tough one, but only because those are all quite rare, yet none seem valuable to me.. The Laté 298B are improved, so that is pretty nice, but I already have 4 (unimproved). I already have 2x Zuiun 631, but because they are pretty bad they never get any use. I also have 5x Kyoufuu Kai/T2 spf skilled and 2x Italian spfs (non-bis). This reminds me to finish improving and upgrading those Italian ones though. I am leaning most toward the Zuiun, also to not clog up my equipment space.

c) The Ka-type autogyro seems to be the worst out of the 3 rewards, while the Type 2 DCs are really nice. However, I don't think I need more than 8 of those DCs. So... more screws!

d) I like all of the three rewards, but the guns are obviously the weakest here. The Toukai should be top priority for anyone who hasn't got 4 Toukais already. Otherwise, the bomber is a really great reward! I would like to get the guns too for my Nisshin (she already has 1), but meh..

Anyway, what would you guys pick, Laté or Zuiun?

Last edited by Kuropo; 12-31-2019 at 09:39 PM.
    My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5665 Post(s)
    eh, for spf vs zuiun vs late298, it really doesn't matter which you pick given that they are all quite useless for a vet ttk. Late298 is probably the rarest one but I already got 5 of those. Probably going to pick spf for some nichie purpose like submarine AS.

As for toukai vs m34, toukai should be a no brainer if you don't have 4 toukai already. If you have 4 though, the choices are very close. On one hand, another m34 could potentially give you extra bomber slot in lbas with its higher fighter power, but toukai could also help in the Colorado event scenario where there is a sub in boss fleet and a sub node in pre boss. You would have choices to work around both scenario of cos. Also noted that we have no idea what star actually does for lbas bomber. I would be leaning on m34 for now as I feel it has a higher chance to be useful and the toukai is just a base model, but it won't be entirely unreasonable to choose toukai either.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1722 Post(s)
    @211303: Understand about having more SPF for sure. Still, while I have 3x Late 298, not worth getting improved ones? Not always, but do tend to get improved equipment rewards that I can't improve on my own over stuff I can make/improve (and I can make more T2 SPF - not too hard, but does cost screws).

Also, I have 4x Toukai so that's done, but do wonder about 14cm twin Kai +8. Since you didn't mention those in your response, should I take it that even at +8 and potential fit bonuses, not worth it over the T1 M34 +4? I'm fine with T1 M34 +4, but want to make sure.

Thanks.

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Next up in tanaka horror scenario: submarine combined fleets.

..eeeh,, we haven't really had a german wolfpack boss have we?

Anyways, seems toukai unless 4 is the general consensus, more only if you're speculating... and the m34 if your attack planes are lacking. Can't really see where you'd use the 14cm and not a 20.3 - av still carry the accuracy penalties and what not.

As to the Golden Zuiun, only scenario I could see it viable is if we get another conversion quest...and we already have a quarterly for that. As for the french plane, not sure what a +2 really would bring to the table to have it compete with other zuiun-types?
    Pretty much "pick the spf if you're going to make/convert another...otherwise coin flip and scrap/collect" in my view

Rep
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    I wouldn't bother with the 14cms, the overweight penalty of 20.3cms on cruisers is relatively minor (-2 acc) and are mitigated through improvements too. On the other hand, the bigger guns provide twice as much firepower than the 14cms.

I just think these 14cms are cool to have for my Nisshin since she receives equip bonus.

Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1722 Post(s)
    @Kuropo: Thanks. Agree, 14cm twin Kai bonuses are nice for Nisshin (which is why I considered them), but do have fit accuracy penalties. Right now, seems clear consensus is get the T1 M34 +4 even though I've got a lot of LBAS planes as it is. M34 is pretty good and +4 just adds to that. Fine by me. Just wanted to make 100% sure I wasn't missing anything.

FYI - As for CL main gun penalties, according to KC wikia, all CL but Ooyodo get a -2 accuracy penalty with 15.cm triple (Ooyodo gets bonus which makes sense). However, no penalty for any CL with 20.3cm. Will get -2 accuracy penalty with 203mm/53 (Italian CA guns), but 20.3cm (and I assume 20.3cm SKC34) are just fine on any CL. Devs would have to up fit bonuses considerably for Yuubari K2 to make 14cm twin kai worth it. Meh. Wish Yuubari K2 was already out so have more information on this.

As for your question - I'd pick the Late 298 if you don't need more SPF. Reason is that just nothing to the Zuiun 631AG other than complete Kandex (looks nice) and/or maybe, possibly, etc. in the future get another upgrade quest. You have 2 of those already. With the Late 298, +2 isn't much, but it's something and there may be a situation where you would use one - at least more likely than Zuiun 631AG. Also, can get more Zuiun 631 via F79 as Ferraei points out. As for space, get 2x improved Late 298 so maybe scrap 1-2 of un-improved ones?

TL:DR = to me it's either Late 298 or get 2x T2 SPF.

-------
    @Ferreae: Shh! Don't give Tanaka any ideas. No really. As for Zuiun 631, sure be nice to have another conversion, but I wouldn't count on it at this point. Have one already (post conversion) so good there. Also, good point about F79 quarterly. Get more if you need one.

Per above, yes, consensus seems to be if less than 4x Toukai - get Toukai. If 4 Toukai (not sure if you can have more or not), then get M34 +4. Not seeing much, if any, consideration for 14cm Twin Kai even at +8.

Rep
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goesto11 View Post
    @Kuropo: Thanks. Agree, 14cm twin Kai bonuses are nice for Nisshin (which is why I considered them), but do have fit accuracy penalties. Right now, seems clear consensus is get the T1 M34 +4 even though I've got a lot of LBAS planes as it is. M34 is pretty good and +4 just adds to that. Fine by me. Just wanted to make 100% sure I wasn't missing anything.

FYI - As for CL main gun penalties, according to KC wikia, all CL but Ooyodo get a -2 accuracy penalty with 15.cm triple (Ooyodo gets bonus which makes sense). However, no penalty for any CL with 20.3cm. Will get -2 accuracy penalty with 203mm/53 (Italian CA guns), but 20.3cm (and I assume 20.3cm SKC34) are just fine on any CL. Devs would have to up fit bonuses considerably for Yuubari K2 to make 14cm twin kai worth it. Meh. Wish Yuubari K2 was already out so have more information on this.

As for your question - I'd pick the Late 298 if you don't need more SPF. Reason is that just nothing to the Zuiun 631AG other than complete Kandex (looks nice) and/or maybe, possibly, etc. in the future get another upgrade quest. You have 2 of those already. With the Late 298, +2 isn't much, but it's something and there may be a situation where you would use one - at least more likely than Zuiun 631AG. Also, can get more Zuiun 631 via F79 as Ferraei points out. As for space, get 2x improved Late 298 so maybe scrap 1-2 of un-improved ones?

TL:DR = to me it's either Late 298 or get 2x T2 SPF.
    T1 M34 is the best reward for me because I can replace a regular T1 bomber with it when sending two land bases on sortie.

I'll probably take the Laté indeed. Don't need any more spfs, 7 total is just fine up till now. Maybe, just maybe, having an 8th would be handy (for 2x 4-slot spf mules). I just need upgrade the Italian spfs. Unfortunately, regular Zuiuns are somewhat hard to obtain and I need those for various other equipment as well (Zuiun 634 Skilled, autogyro etc.)

Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!