Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The 18th Oct Maint has ended. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      Visitor messaging is temporarily disabled.
Bookmark Thread
Page 372 of 373 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372373 LastLast
Results 3,711 to 3,720 of 3726
  1. #3711
    Commander Nrvn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    IGN
    Nanaya
    Server
    Saiki Bay
    Posts
    275
    Rep
    12
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Trying to do the damn B90 quest, reached the boss 2 times in 15 tries, and got a B and a C thanks to Red T BOTH times. It's taking more resources to clear this quest than clearing an event map, and I'm still at square one damnit.


    Marriage Anniversary: October, 2nd


  2. #3712
    Captain kazenorin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    IGN
    かぜばね
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Posts
    658
    Rep
    2
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    So I was trying to do the daily quest that requires 5x world 2 boss runs (Bd7) with my typical Orel Cruise team (6SS).

    I do this almost everyday, but today is a little insane...

    It took me fourteen runs (14x) on Orel (2-3)... Just to reach the boss once.

    Not to mention that in between, I also had eight runs (8x) on Bashi (2-2) also with a full SS fleet.

    I cleared both weeklies Bw2 (sink 20 CV(L)s) and Bw3 (sink 20 transport ships) from 2-2 and 2-3 before I had a single boss run in World 2...

    Compass girl, come on, why?


    Edit: and the second boss encounter happen 6 more Orel cruises later... that's 20+8 runs for 2 encounters.


    Last edited by kazenorin; 03-13-2017 at 09:16 AM.
    Got stuck and cannot proceed, then you, my first battleship passionately came: Kongou 126/155, 2016-02-28
    LSC Journey | Taihou 2016-06-16 | Yamato 2016-09-03 | Musashi 2016-09-08 | Bismarck 2016-09-10

  3. #3713
    Commander thebackup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    291
    Rep
    1
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kazenorin View Post
    It took me fourteen runs (14x) on Orel (2-3)... Just to reach the boss once.
    I feel your pain! I'm doing that new B93 quest, and 2-3 is trolling me hard, and it's taking me 7+ sorties and haven't even reached the boss yet. And that's a fleet with an AV - that 70% chance is more like, what, 30%. Damned compass, I've never had this much trouble with previous 2-3 quests.

    I'm going to bed. Maybe I'll have better luck in the morning.

    EDIT: And... first thing in the morning and after last night's complaining somehow got to the boss and cleared the quest.


    Last edited by thebackup; 03-18-2017 at 03:57 PM. Reason: finally

    Married:
    Choukai (2016/09/03), Ooyodo (2016/12/24), Haruna (2017/03/30)
    Will Marry: Kumano (Lv.98), Inazuma (Lv.94)

  4. #3714
    Captain kazenorin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    IGN
    かぜばね
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Posts
    658
    Rep
    2
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    @thebackup Congrats

    TFW 70% is more like 7%


    Got stuck and cannot proceed, then you, my first battleship passionately came: Kongou 126/155, 2016-02-28
    LSC Journey | Taihou 2016-06-16 | Yamato 2016-09-03 | Musashi 2016-09-08 | Bismarck 2016-09-10

  5. #3715
    Commander Greenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    370
    Rep
    7
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Finishing 6-4 is a pain...
    Enters battle with everybody at full health, LBAS destroys one pillbox and incapacitate supply hime. Good!
    Boss and remaining pillboxes destroy Ooyodo and my DDs, fleet destroys only the supply hime during day battle.
    Night battle: Yamashiro tagets boss: DA deals 162+12. 12...
    Mogami? Targets the transport ship...



    Sigh...


    Last edited by Greenie; 03-22-2017 at 01:23 AM.


  6. #3716
    Admiral NanashiYoukai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Server
    Explosive Licking Castle
    Posts
    4,817
    Rep
    83
    Mentioned
    1468 Post(s)


    Wow, this is new Thanks RNG. <3

    (then the bastard sends me to the dead end right after this)



    EDIT: This month's clear was still beautiful though. 7 tries, one off-route (the above), one time Re-chan torped Zuikaku to red. And out of the five boss kills, all but the last run had Re-chan in Double Line - that one that was Line Ahead torped Iowa... for 1 damage. Sasuga RNG.

    Never ever thought I'd have 5-5 as first EO cleared for the month.


    Last edited by NanashiYoukai; 05-01-2017 at 02:50 PM.
    KanDex First Completed 16 February 2016 // HQ Lvl 120! 9 March 2016 // 2nd Anniversary with Hiyou! 31 March 2017

    Summer 2017: The War Against Europe ALL 甲 CLEAR

  7. #3717
    Admiral NanashiYoukai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Server
    Explosive Licking Castle
    Posts
    4,817
    Rep
    83
    Mentioned
    1468 Post(s)
    I've been farming at E2D (Hard) in the last few days of the event, trying to get 2 Maruyu - specifically just 2 - to complete a set.


    In 93 runs RNG saw itself content to bless me with one, but only one. Instead in its magnanimity it foisted upon me not one but two Amagis, the rarest possible drop, which other people might actually want. The second one even arrived in one of my last farm runs of the event.

    I can't bring myself to get rid of them due to how cute and snuggly her kimono is compared to her overly exuberant Kai self, but honestly I don't have any use for them either. They'll just sit around at lvl 1 till kingdom come taking up slot space.



    Also I notice the last post happens to be by me as well, again not so much RNG being mean per se but finding new ways to make one's life interesting. Perhaps I should adopt this thread to dedicate it to RNG being not really a cruel mistress but more of a whimsical and capricious one that blesses and screws you over even-handedly, sometimes in the same gesture.


    KanDex First Completed 16 February 2016 // HQ Lvl 120! 9 March 2016 // 2nd Anniversary with Hiyou! 31 March 2017

    Summer 2017: The War Against Europe ALL 甲 CLEAR

  8. #3718
    Newly Registered ardiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    85
    Rep
    3
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    RNG just saved my life. I was half asleep and went to battle with a 1hp I-8. When I saw what I did I nearly had a heart attack but she didn't get hit!

    I think I'm still having a heart attack.



  9. #3719
    Commander Greenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    370
    Rep
    7
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Trying to S rank 5-5 for the new quest.

    More than 10 tries, and so far I made it past pre-boss three times: once I get A rank (Re-chan didn't want to go), twice I got off route.

    I don't know how people clear that every month...




  10. #3720
    Captain kazenorin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    IGN
    かぜばね
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Posts
    658
    Rep
    2
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    RNG is really mean to me today...

    6-5 took me 22 runs
    1-3 took me 23 runs, of which there were 10 consecutive off-routes to node b... that's 1/1024 chance, I don't even need to use calculators....


    Last edited by kazenorin; 07-02-2017 at 01:48 PM.
    Got stuck and cannot proceed, then you, my first battleship passionately came: Kongou 126/155, 2016-02-28
    LSC Journey | Taihou 2016-06-16 | Yamato 2016-09-03 | Musashi 2016-09-08 | Bismarck 2016-09-10

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:51 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 6.25%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.3 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Thread / Post Bookmarks provided by Thread / Post Bookmarking v1.1.1pl1 (Free) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Live Threads provided by AJAX Threads (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com