Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: [Mod] KC3改

Rep
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)

Last edited by Akuser; 05-16-2017 at 06:28 AM.
    Wishlist: Yamato • Mikuma
    I always hate you, Ta-class! Since 05/10/2014

Rep
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Hello there, I cannot get the subtitles to work. I'm getting really frustrated.
    Can someone PLESE help me? TT wTT

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind,I dunno what I did but i FINALLY got it working after 2 hours. >__>

NO WAIFU = NO LAIFU!

Rep
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    is there any way i can set up the background as black ?

Rep
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    For some reason, KC3 has been making my flash and chrome crash since last week. Tried clearing the cache, but doesn't seem to help.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2405 Post(s)
    Finally Kiyoshimo kai ni! Her dream of becoming a BB finally came true with her BB transformation/stand/persona!

[+] Spoiler

I thought there was a real April Fool CG from the devs when I saw the new ship notification =.=

EDIT: This is a nice touch

Last edited by ofi123; 03-31-2018 at 05:46 PM.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1475 Post(s)
    I'm trying KC3 Kai now since EO is broken, and I'm having some issues with it. Initially, was fine with Vivaldi (not a chrome/google fan) and with KC3Kai v32.8.0 (and using 150% screen), it worked as far as I could tell (key - didn't have much chance to play around with it). Got TL for the quest page and got subtitles. Things went wrong I did something screwing around with layouts) so uninstalled everything and after figuring out the latest Vivaldi update won't work, used previous version which works (including another person I know), but by this KC3Kai v33.0.0 was released. Oh, using Windows 7 (yes still, not thrilled with Win 10 let alone Win 8. Get it together MS).

It mostly works, BUT I have issues/questions which would very much appreciate some help. Please note, I DO understand that KC 2.0 may cause issues and these things take time. Problem is that I have NO idea whether it's a teething issue for KC3 Kai OR if all this stuff works fine for others and problem is on my end. I'm very much a noob with KC3 Kai Used it just a little bit before, but now looks like my only option for a while. Depending upon what happens, I may stick with it anyway.

Got these warnings in dev console. Not sure if anything noteworthy or not.

Questions:

(1) This may seem like a minor issue, but I can NOT figure out how to get screen shots to work, and I do like to take screen shots. I have screenshots set to a specific folder on one of my HDD in the "download sub-directory". Same folder I've used for both KCV and EO without trouble. I'm not sure if I need to match the designated folder with Vivaldi (or Chromes) designated 'DL folder, but don't see why I can't designate another. Regardless, even if I use the default folder (wherever that is located), or use same location as default browser DL folder (i.e. "downloads"), nothing works. Nor does setting to "new tab" (though "new tab" works for the KC3 Kai replay image. Not screen shots). More odd, if I click on the camera icon in the panel in the dev console, the icon stays lit up (gold). Just stays that way. No picture, no nothing, and clicking on it does nothing (stays lit up).

ANY ideas on how to fix this, or is this some new bug that KC3 Kai needs to fix? Again, not the biggest deal, but really annoying for me. Can't even take a screenshot of Suzutsuki-chan. :/

(2) Per above, no TL on the expeditions browser screen or subtitles. These are not a huge issue as I can work around it, but just wondering what's going on. I have Quest Translations, On-screen subtitles, etc. checked.

(3) What is "Require Pane (old mode)l" in game window. It says "old mode" so I didn't check it, but then it's checked by default. I also disabled Map Node Markers since I read somewhere not to do that until things are better understood with KC 2.0.

(4) Looks like there's no customization option for an audio Taiha alert. I have a file I made for EO which was great IMO (ships general alarm), but only custom sound options I see are for expeditions or repair docks and such. :/ Tried the heartbeat thing, but it's louder than I'd like (too loud, I get it's a warning). IDK if I'll use it or not. The red border warning is OK-ish, better than nothing, but definitely prefer EO center screen pop-up along with the alarm audio saved me a couple times in past events. REALLY do NOT want to sink any ships. Maybe KC3 Kai will later allow sound options for Taiha alert (be really nice). Not sure about the other options. Do I need to enable "Require Panel (old mode)" for some (assuming so).. Any thoughts/suggestions?

(5) Where does this stuff get stored on my PC? Didn't see it in the Vivaldi folder, but not sure where there's a KC3 Kai folder on my pc. There's quite a bit of data to store if I'm saving all my sorting history. Normally (with EO), I didn't do that once maps were all done/scouted (for node preview functions). Just put it back on for Events. Don't need to see my 20985th 1-1 sortie data. However, NOT if any unintended effects if I turn this off or not with KC3 Kai. Hows that all work

(6) EO lets you know whether it's a day battle, NB, air battle etc. node. Does KC3 do that with the battle tab? I'd think so, but not seeing it. Also, How do people get the larger screen shots of the battle tab info. It's such a small space on the dev console area main info box. Is there anyway to expand it? Assuming not a lot of options since that's all stuck in the dev console area.

That's it for me (lot to learn with KC3 Kai). Thanks for the help.

Last edited by goesto11; 08-18-2018 at 01:48 PM.
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2405 Post(s)
    Just a question, is the past encounters going to be archived/deleted with the new map layouts? Or are you waiting to see if the encounters of the new layout nodes is the same as the old before making a decision?

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goesto11 View Post
    I'm trying KC3 Kai now since EO is broken, and I'm having some issues with it. Initially, was fine with Vivaldi (not a chrome/google fan) and with KC3Kai v32.8.0 (and using 150% screen), it worked as far as I could tell (key - didn't have much chance to play around with it). Got TL for the quest page and got subtitles. Things went wrong I did something screwing around with layouts) so uninstalled everything and after figuring out the latest Vivaldi update won't work, used previous version which works (including another person I know), but by this KC3Kai v33.0.0 was released. Oh, using Windows 7 (yes still, not thrilled with Win 10 let alone Win 8. Get it together MS).
    To begin with, try not to use things that aren't supported. KC3 is meant to be run on Chrome, and to a lesser extent Chromium. It's going to be difficult troubleshooting your problems when they could just be problems with Vivaldi. Might I add, if you're just using Vivaldi because you don't like google, you'd be better off with Firefox as Vivaldi is an advanced user's browser. Of course Vivaldi is also based on Chromium. Similar but different thought about Windows 10, Its 2018, Windows 10 is better supported and more stable for most users today than in say 2015, Windows 7 is only "better" in the sense that it generally solve's some peoples problems with certain features by simply not having said features. The 2018 narrative about Windows 10 problems is almost entirely surrounding enterprise use, nothing regular users need to care about.

Got these warnings in dev console. Not sure if anything noteworthy or not.
    No.

(1) This may seem like a minor issue, but I can NOT figure out how to get screen shots to work, and I do like to take screen shots. I have screenshots set to a specific folder on one of my HDD in the "download sub-directory". Same folder I've used for both KCV and EO without trouble. I'm not sure if I need to match the designated folder with Vivaldi (or Chromes) designated 'DL folder, but don't see why I can't designate another. Regardless, even if I use the default folder (wherever that is located), or use same location as default browser DL folder (i.e. "downloads"), nothing works. Nor does setting to "new tab" (though "new tab" works for the KC3 Kai replay image. Not screen shots). More odd, if I click on the camera icon in the panel in the dev console, the icon stays lit up (gold). Just stays that way. No picture, no nothing, and clicking on it does nothing (stays lit up).
    Download sub-directory means it's asking you to designate a sub-folder (just its name, not path) inside your browser's default Downloads folder. If you put the whole path to another folder elsewhere, it's not going to work. Typically, most browsers do not allow extensions to download files to anywhere but the designated Download folder. By default, the screenshots go to a folder named "Kancolle" that is simply inside your browser's default Download folder.

If that annoys you, you can just right-click the game screen and either copy image or save as.

(2) Per above, no TL on the expeditions browser screen or subtitles. These are not a huge issue as I can work around it, but just wondering what's going on. I have Quest Translations, On-screen subtitles, etc. checked.
    Expeditions are not translated on-screen. Refer to the devtool panel expeditions instead. Or did you mean quest page translations?

Subtitles right now don't work for lines that are played more than once due to a difference in the way KC 2.0 handles audio.

If either feature isn't working entirely, all I can say is maybe its because of Vivaldi.

(3) What is "Require Pane (old mode)l" in game window. It says "old mode" so I didn't check it, but then it's checked by default. I also disabled Map Node Markers since I read somewhere not to do that until things are better understood with KC 2.0.
    Require Panel setting only matters if you are using the older methods still included in the launch screen to start the game, namely what is named the frame method. It's no longer relevant.

(4) Looks like there's no customization option for an audio Taiha alert. I have a file I made for EO which was great IMO (ships general alarm), but only custom sound options I see are for expeditions or repair docks and such. :/ Tried the heartbeat thing, but it's louder than I'd like (too loud, I get it's a warning). IDK if I'll use it or not. The red border warning is OK-ish, better than nothing, but definitely prefer EO center screen pop-up along with the alarm audio saved me a couple times in past events. REALLY do NOT want to sink any ships. Maybe KC3 Kai will later allow sound options for Taiha alert (be really nice). Not sure about the other options. Do I need to enable "Require Panel (old mode)" for some (assuming so).. Any thoughts/suggestions?
    You can manually change the heartbeat sound if you like, go to wherever Vivaldi keeps your extensions, find KC3's folder (search for KC3's PNG's if the extensions are not named) and find "\assets\snd", the heartbeat mp3 file is there.

(5) Where does this stuff get stored on my PC? Didn't see it in the Vivaldi folder, but not sure where there's a KC3 Kai folder on my pc. There's quite a bit of data to store if I'm saving all my sorting history. Normally (with EO), I didn't do that once maps were all done/scouted (for node preview functions). Just put it back on for Events. Don't need to see my 20985th 1-1 sortie data. However, NOT if any unintended effects if I turn this off or not with KC3 Kai. Hows that all work
    As far as I know, KC3 uses a combination of storage methods such as the HTML5 local storage. I would not worry about it, as all the history is simple json data and takes up very little space. After more than 3 years, my backup file is only 8mb, it grows by about 2-3mb per year.

(6) EO lets you know whether it's a day battle, NB, air battle etc. node. Does KC3 do that with the battle tab? I'd think so, but not seeing it. Also, How do people get the larger screen shots of the battle tab info. It's such a small space on the dev console area main info box. Is there anyway to expand it? Assuming not a lot of options since that's all stuck in the dev console area.
    KC3 tells you want kind of node it is, in the battle tab when it shows you the nodes you've visited so far and the one you are now traveling to. The nodes use different icons based on what type of node it is. If you're in doubt about something in KC3, there is usually always a tool-tip for more info. Half of the real total information KC3 provides is in tool-tips. In Chromium and Chrome, the dev tool window can be zoomed just like the regular browser window (Ctrl + scroll). I don't know about Vivaldi, but since they boast so much about how customizable their UI is, I'd assume so.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    Last edited by DLRevan; 08-19-2018 at 07:56 AM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1475 Post(s)
    @DLRevan: Thank you for the detailed response.

UPDATE: After a lot of trial and error, along with a clean uninstall and re-install, I got everything to work along with the customized Taiha warning sound. For me, zooming the dev tool panel helps a lot. Thank again for the help. FYI - not sure about Chrome, but for the screenshots, since I'm using Vivaldi only for KC, I just set Vivaldi's DL path to where I normally put the pictures and it works. For some reason putting a sub-folder in the KC3 Kai settings doesn't seem to do anything, but whatever. It works now.

I'm warming up to KC3 Kai. It definitely has a ton of features, but so far still like EO better. Still, may end up preferring KC3 Kai to Poi since I've finally got it working, and very well be the case EO won't be available for me. I recall there was some work on an a KC3 standalone (KC3 Kai Ni IIRC). Probably prefer that to a browser extension.

Do have one last question. Should I increase cache? With a recent KC3 Kai update, I saw this message:
    "If your game is eating up a lot of memory, you should consider disabling the in-game audio as there are some reports that the game caches the downloaded audio blobs and does not destroy the JS player instances after audio played causing more memory to be used. Besides, caching audio files outside of the browser, which then the browser does not try to re-download the same file again from disk cache, which causes the KC3 subtitles feature to not be able to detect voice playback event. That's why the subtitles are not working as expected after first-time voices played."

Now that I got things fixed, KC3 Kai/KC 2.0 isn't taking up as much memory, but haven't played long with it (memory use steady increased over time before). Any thoughts on this?

Lastly, Re. Windows 10. (Much) shorter version is that while I agree it's better than Windows 8 (not hard at all), there are still advantages with Win 7. Not only for old games (which I like to play once in a while), but legacy peripherals and two big issues for me: Forced updates and that you can NOT completely cut off data being sent to MS. I paying for an OS, not spyware. That's my opinion on it. AFAIK, there's no way to turn off ALL data being sent to MS. Eventually, I'll have to upgrade (or go to Linux - not buying Apple), but for Win 7 is best for me.

-------------------------

FYI for anyone using Vivaldi, unlike Chrome, you cannot just click on the dev tool panel (or put cursor on it) and then hold CTRL and scroll to zoom. Instead, click on the dev tool panel, then hold CTRL and hit the + key to zoom. This will zoom everything (incl. browser window), but you can unzoom the browser window and the dev tool panel will stay zoomed.

Last edited by goesto11; 08-20-2018 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Update
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2405 Post(s)
    Got my setting retested with the latest update. Am I the only one?