Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2749 Post(s)
    Oh. I'm screwed. Just realized I read wrong and Melon k2s and k2d is different levels.

And k2d is higher. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

My main copy is going to be k2d >.<

Rep
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    So this patch opens up the upgrade of the regular 14 cm twin guns to 14 cm twin kai, but the kai version itself isn't upgradable yet?
    There is finally a use for these 15.2 cm kai guns that are laying around in my arsenal for years (from 2015 rankings). Though I don't think we would need more than a pair of these guns, right?
    Although I can finally get a second gun now for Nisshin/Yuubari, I would like to max these out too.

My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!

Rep
    Mentioned
    2749 Post(s)
    After thinking for a while trying to find a positive for my main copy of Yubari as k2d, the only thing I can come out with is that she’s the only one that can TCI while OASW with double ASW equipment, if what I read from wikiwiki is correct that only k2d allow ASW gear on fourth slot. If only she can be unique enough to equipment ASW on fifth as well to have full sonar+launcher+dc combo.

Need someone to confirm if the other 2 variants cannot put ASW on the fourth slot though.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5665 Post(s)
    @Kuropo You can't upgrade the kai version. Not really worth getting more imo considering that you would only use it for Niishin and maybe Yuubari. Also noted that you get a 3rd one from one of Yuubari's quest.

- - - Updated - - -
    @ofi123 She can equip ASW gear in 4th slot for all forms.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2749 Post(s)
    @211303

Eh, then what positive can I say about her being in k2d TwT

Why couldn’t the special be the last variant...

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5665 Post(s)
    @ofi123 she..... she could equip T0 sonar

Seriously, no idea what that form is designed for. Even k2 kou has 70 ASW at lv99, which means one slot oasw+TCI+opening torp is very possible post-marriage.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2749 Post(s)
    @211303

Ignoring marriage which is a cheat that other girls with ASW variants pointless as well, my issue is that the ASW between normal and ASW forms is small enough that the normal k2 can easily achieve OASW with very little. Granted the ASW form doesn’t lose FP and torp, but the trade of AA and AACI for ASW, near pointless built in OASW, and some meagre armour and evasion makes me think this is just to milk the completionists and keepers of multiple forms.
    Hopefully she has some secret built in ASW mechanics, otherwise I’m sad that my main copy is going to be a k2d that is pretty pointless unlike all other k2d.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5665 Post(s)
    @ofi123 actually, why would yours be stuck in k2d? Just remodel again. It goes k2>k2 kou>k2 d>k2 without taking extra BP and AR.

Rep
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 211303 View Post
    @Kuropo You can't upgrade the kai version. Not really worth getting more imo considering that you would only use it for Niishin and maybe Yuubari. Also noted that you get a 3rd one from one of Yuubari's quest.
    Thanks for informing me about that quest reward! I haven't checked the quest rewards yet, but that saves me from improving and upgrading a second 14 cm twin gun then.
    Seems like I won't be doing anything with these 15.2 cm kais after all... :/

My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!

Rep
    Mentioned
    2749 Post(s)

Game Maint/Update 14 Jan 2020

@211303

I keep my main copy as the ‘final’ variant. So all my main copies of DDs with k2 variants currently will never get any luck modding but their dupe might, if I ever get around to them.