Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's faster if you have an offline script and if it takes lesser steps then I'm happy with it.:p

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Well you need internet to play kancolle, and you usually look at wiki when playing kancolle, so still not really sure if the goal of the tool is to be "offline" or more accessible. If it is the former, I am not sure I really understand the necessity.
    Of course you are absolutely right about the need of an internet connection, in my specific case I'm creating this tool for 2 main reasons:

- I like to have a guide that is accessible everytime (Italy and Internet connection are not so closely related to each other like many other country:p)

- I play with a direct flash player in windowed mode so i like a tool that is smaller and more quickly accessible than a browser (no links, no loading time, more correlation between info, etc.)

- side note: playing in the office sometimes with this is much more easy :p

Kaigun Taisa (海軍大佐)
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh I guess that makes sense. I think wifi quality has improved over the years that I don't think as much about bandwidth as I used to. Multiple monitors works great for playing Kancolle :)

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Added screenshots of w.i.p.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quest screenshot available... Soon I'll post an alpha version of the tool.

Kaigun Shosho (海軍少将) blazeLimit's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @Urz9999 This sounds like an awesome idea! Keep up the great work, can't wait to try it out ^.^

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Open Sea Shooting v0.17.1 added Weapon Priming! [link]

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blazeLimit View Post
    @Urz9999 This sounds like an awesome idea! Keep up the great work, can't wait to try it out ^.^
    Thanks for your support! I'll try my best...The longest part is preparing the db with all the data expecially for the ship list!

IGN
    クロノマイスタ
    Server
    Tawi Tawi
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2341 Post(s)
    I hope you aren't doing much copy/paste to build your ship database. You should use api_start2 to get all the ship info then parse out what you need. Like here's the raw JSON and one formatted (BTW this is one of the things the game loads and affects the progress bar when you first load the game) If you really want I could decode the unicode and maybe even put it into a csv file, or you being a programmer I sure you could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilya Bryzgalov
    it's only.. it's only game. Y U heff 2 B mad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herm Edwards

Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    A lot of ship data from wiki are blatantly wrong

Same with sortie branching and stuff.

Might want to take note of this.

<@Saya> wat is ani3m
    <@Dargoth> don't pretend you aren't the most hardcore otaku in the channel

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chronomeister View Post
    I hope you aren't doing much copy/paste to build your ship database. You should use api_start2 to get all the ship info then parse out what you need. Like here's the raw JSON and one formatted (BTW this is one of the things the game loads and affects the progress bar when you first load the game) If you really want I could decode the unicode and maybe even put it into a csv file, or you being a programmer I sure you could do it.
    Thanks! JSON formatted data is great, BTW where i can get some info about what every field is? (I can figure out some of them but with a reference it would be faster). And for unicode is not a problem, C# can decode unicode by default in some cases and there is always the good old Encoding class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saya View Post
    A lot of ship data from wiki are blatantly wrong

Same with sortie branching and stuff.

Might want to take note of this.
    Yeah, I know, but the good point is that when the tool will be finished, everyone will be able to correct and update the data of the tool by editing the related text files. So we could consider the data from the wiki a barebone to future updates.

PS: as the tool development progresses I'll prepare also a tool for editing the data if necessary.

Of course I'm always open to suggestions for features and improvements.

And is great to receive this much support. Thank you All.