Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8303 Post(s)
    @Observer 39 Sorry for the late reply. As mentioned in Discord, my power went out in the middle of reading, and didn't come back before I fell asleep.

Poor Haya is still fragile on the inside there. No doubt reliving some past trauma when those she cared about were taken from her, although in a different manner.

Eldridge is a good girl.

I haven't actually messed around with Yorktown at all in AL, so I wasn't actually aware of her personality there. That was an interesting read for her, having to pick it up on the go. I get the feeling her story is going to be an even more feels-filled chapter.

And Melon needs a vacation.

I always pull my weight. I just happen to be made of helium.
    ~
    Ryuujou & Iku Anniversary 9/28/15 | Uranami Anniversary 3/1/17 | Fubuki Anniversary 4/24/17 | Akebono Anniversary 7/1/17 | Shimakaze Anniversary 5/4/16~
    Admiral Anniversary: 5/25 | I wrote a thing. Updated! (5/5)

IGN
    Gidemo
    Server
    Buin Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2295 Post(s)
    @Emerald Acid As I've no doubt said before, Hayashimo is fundamentally a fragile girl. Her off-putting and often dour demeanor is a shield for her past traumas, while the few times she opens up is her own attempts to finding a new path to the happiness she sees in others.

Yorktown was one of my first carriers in AL (alongside Long Island and Saratoga), so I already had a bit of a soft spot for her. She's only grown on me as a character recently, seeing as she fits much the same molds as Hayashimo or Natori do to a higher extreme (Her references to light and darkness certainly helped to push that along). And yes, her story will tug the heartstrings at least a little bit.

'Work' at Minato's base is essentially a vacation for Yuubari compared to the structured regimen she follows while at Fleet Command. She truly relishes the time she spends in her 'home away from home', despite it being seemingly more of the same.

"Look around you and ask yourself: Has the battle been won, or lost?"
    Enlistment: A Story from the Observer (Part Thirty-three Complete!)
    Twitch | Status: Offline

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8303 Post(s)
    @Observer 39 More freedom for personal projects, I assume.

~
    Ryuujou & Iku Anniversary 9/28/15 | Uranami Anniversary 3/1/17 | Fubuki Anniversary 4/24/17 | Akebono Anniversary 7/1/17 | Shimakaze Anniversary 5/4/16~

IGN
    Gidemo
    Server
    Buin Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2295 Post(s)
    @Emerald Acid Sure, along with setting (and ability to change) her own schedule with the tasks Minato does give her. Part of the two's mutual trust and all.

"Look around you and ask yourself: Has the battle been won, or lost?"
    Enlistment: A Story from the Observer (Part Thirty-three Complete!)
    Twitch | Status: Offline

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8303 Post(s)
    @Observer 39 Certainly a good feeling, that.

~