Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1456 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 456956135614061446145414551456145714581466 ... LastLast
Results 14,551 to 14,560 of 14895
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1129 Post(s)
    @211303 It makes me looking forward next chapter. What's going to happen next? :)

Rep
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    I restarted FGO now that my phone is capable of running it once again (I got a blackscreen error after the November 2017 update to Unity 5.0), though I had to start a new account, meaning that i lost my Saber Lilly, etc.

I have to say that while FGO is fun, it has one of the, if not the most, most miserly and aggressive monetization schemes I've yet seen in a mobile game. Even Gun Girl Z (Mihoyo Games) and Fire Emblem Heroes (Nintendo) seem generous by comparison. FGO has no daily login rewards for its in-game currency, and the cost of playing through the campaign rises exponentially; at most by the second singularity the player is capable of taking three campaign actions, meaning that at most four stages of a single chapter can be completed. To recharge AP, you either need to wait five minutes per point, or spend one of the at-most-a-handful of S-Quartz that you get. All of this is designed to "encourage" (in the same way that a secret policeman "encourages") the player to spend money on the game. What's more, the prices are ludicrously high. $4 gets you at most one-and-a-half summons, while $30 gets you 13. Overall, this conversion rate is absolutely atrocious; at minimum, you're getting $3 per summon, which is well above the threshold even for games which regularly reward players with in-game currency or have better ways to (slowly) earn currency in game, like Valkyrie Connect and Azur Lane, both of which practically throw in-game currency at you. Even the $30 option for 40 S-quartz gives $2.30. By comparison, Vakyrie Connect gives somewhere between $1-$2 per summon even on its $10 and $30 options, and this is on top of the in-game currency which the events, story, and weekly login rewards all throw at you, none of which are really needed to enjoy the game. At best, the game can be described as "freemium," but only in the loosest sense. Anyone who really wants to delve into the game on their own terms must, essentially, pay a $15-30 subscription fee due to the campaign's AP requirements.

As such, while I enjoy FGO, I can only agree with one recent review on google play; FGO is a shameless attempt to milk the fans for every dollar humanly possible before they realize they've been conned and quit for want of the ability to actually enjoy the game on their own terms.

I can only be thankful that I have thus far spent not a single dime on this game.

Last edited by firemagnet; 12-25-2017 at 07:20 PM.

Server
    Buin
    Rep
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    @firemagnet, I've never had a problem with the game's AP though. As long as you aren't trying to rush through the story you should never have to spend quartz on AP. The game also gives you many gold/silver/bronze apples for AP replenishment. I personally ended up with so many I dont know what to do with em.

I do agree with you regarding the high cost of gacha, especially since 5 star servants so rarely appear that people (fans) often spend tens of thousands of yen trying to roll for a particular servant.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1254 Post(s)
    @firemagnet

There's a permanent 1/2 AP for part 1 story in place, and AP overflow from Master levels is something that has been in place for some time now.

And as shitty as the FGO gacha is, the flipside is that you don't really need the higher rarity Servants given how good the C/UC/R Servants are.

Rep
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren View Post
    @firemagnet, I've never had a problem with the game's AP though. As long as you aren't trying to rush through the story you should never have to spend quartz on AP. The game also gives you many gold/silver/bronze apples for AP replenishment. I personally ended up with so many I dont know what to do with em.

I do agree with you regarding the high cost of gacha, especially since 5 star servants so rarely appear that people (fans) often spend tens of thousands of yen trying to roll for a particular servant.
    Are you playing the JP version or the US version? I've been on the US version since, technically, day one, but have been unable to retrieve my old account since there's no option to bind it to another form of login. Furthermore, yes I was trying to bumrush the story; it's what every other game out there has allowed me to do, most prominently Azur Lane and Valkyrie Connect, the latter being a parallel of FGO based on Norse Mythology. I'm just happy that I got two of Frankenstein to drop in my first try at the new London Gacha.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    @firemagnet

There's a permanent 1/2 AP for part 1 story in place, and AP overflow from Master levels is something that has been in place for some time now.

And as shitty as the FGO gacha is, the flipside is that you don't really need the higher rarity Servants given how good the C/UC/R Servants are.
    The 1/2 AP on the US server expired last month, from what I can see of that server's news. It would appear that whomever runs the US server is rather more---how should I put it---"frugal" in terms of rewarding players.

Server
    Buin
    Rep
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    @firemagnet I'm playing the JP version. I never touched the NA/CH versions as I've already invested a lot of time and a small sum of money in the JP version and have quite a few servants I like. From what you've stated though you really don't need to rush anything since there are no merits in doing so nor are there limits that prevents you from participating in events if you don't complete a specific chapter. You should therefore be able to take your time until Solomon/Salomon is released in the US.

@Trubo, Lets face it, almost no one plays the game for C/UC/R servants :P

Rep
    Mentioned
    1254 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firemagnet View Post
    The 1/2 AP on the US server expired last month, from what I can see of that server's news.
    I was talking about he JP server. At one point, story stuff cost 1/4 AP because of the passive 1/2 AP and an additional 1/2 AP for story.

It would appear that whomever runs the US server is rather more---how should I put it---"frugal" in terms of rewarding players.
    Lol. Sounds to me like you didn't actually play the JP server then, at least not around this point in time of the release schedule.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Ren

Still doesn't diminish point that the higher rarity Servants aren't as needed to complete stuff. That they're shinier is another point altogether.

Rep
    Mentioned
    745 Post(s)
    @Ren There are some that plays for R servants. Like the poor dog who got bad rarity.

LSC Completed 2014-2015
    Taihou - 29/12, Bismarck - 12/01, Yamato - 19/01, Musashi - 16/02, Shioi - 30/03

Rep
    Mentioned
    1129 Post(s)
    I think it's case by case. Gold Servants, not all of them have super NP, the max stats also can make them less desirable. Bronze and Silver Servants, not all of them that bad. I always use Arash during event, great for speed clearing up mobs, he also has really cheap party cost next to Mash so you can wear a lot of Event CE. :)

And lately someone pointed out to me, that this Baldie is a Monster. :D

Server
    Buin
    Rep
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I'm by no means saying C/UC/R servants are less desirable or less useful. Just that for most people, they either play because there are servants they like from the games or anime (which are again almost always high rarity) or play fgo, grow to like the characters in the end aim for the waifus/husbandos who generally have high rarity. Part of the reason is also because most released are of high rarity... with 56 5* servants, 76 4* servants, 38 3* servants, 12 2* and 7 1* servants.

Last edited by Ren; 12-27-2017 at 05:54 AM.