Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1461 of 1465 FirstFirst ... 46196113611411145114591460146114621463 ... LastLast
Results 14,601 to 14,610 of 14650
    Rep
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahzam View Post
    @firemagnet its not the end of the world if you cant get everything, best to not try and over achieve for stuff that will most likely show up in the next event
    Spent $24 on the gacha (raising total spent on the game to $30). So far I've gotten:

1 Saber lilly (through Artorium)

1x lancelot

2x mephistopheles (gacha)

2x Hector (gacha)

1x Mikotto! Bride Training (gacha)

1x Gilles de Rais (saber) (gacha)

3 x A true shot never misses (gacha, Artorium rewards)

Notes:

This event on the US server is far more miserly, indeed even more misanthropic, than anything i've seen in any other game, outdoing even Kancolle; Azure Lane, Kai Ri Sei Million Arthur, Fire Emblem, Valkyrie Connect and even Goddess Kiss just shower you with gifts like it's black friday every day. Hell, this is an accurate image of what you get when you play Azure Lane or Valkyrie Connect:

The store is you. The customers are the rewards you get for just doing daily shit.

Meanwhile, in Fate/Grand Order:

Every. Single. Quest. is designed to minimize, not maximize your progress through the event, giving the most rewards and progress to those who spend the most or have played the game the longest, moving the rest through what amounts to a slaughterhouse cattle funnel towards the gacha system in hopes of getting another whale. I've only been able to get as far as I have thanks to the fact that I exploited the advanced training quests and high-level support characters from other players to level my character quickly; even then, with 60AP available to me approximately every five hours, I would have earned somewhere between 26,500 or 46,800 Artorium through the free quests (novice and intermediate at an average of 380 and 900 Artorium, respectively), not counting level ups. The only thing that has prevented this is the 2018 gift of golden apples, of which I have so far spent 10 on the event, not counting a few S-Quartz earned through doing the story, artorium rewards, and so on.

Put flatly, that is absolutely atrocious, given that the story quests start you off with somewhere around 17,000 artorium if you clear them; Facing Tesla and MHZ were some of the toughest fights I've ever had the misfortune to experience, and effectively serve as a blatantly obvious artificial difficulty barrier to anyone who isn't willing to spend on the gacha or doesn't have S-Quartz saved up. Even then, using the averages I just listed above, most players would be effectively locked out of the most tantilizing rewards of the event. It's beyond me how, per the guide for the 2016 version, how anyone would be able to earn most of the rewards for the event, much less collect the 2,200,000 and some odd points required to get all of the rewards for max-leveling Saber-Lilly in a day as the guide suggests, much less the 13 days of the event as a whole.

I like playing the game thanks to the whole fandom. Yet every time I truly start trying to enjoy it, something like the AP system or paywalls come up to remind me that the only reason why this game exists is to earn money for the shareholders and boards of the various companies involved by exploiting the fans of the nasuverse, something that it does painfully little to hide.

Last edited by firemagnet; 01-06-2018 at 12:57 AM.

Server
    Hashira Island Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1948 Post(s)
    @hidahos A lot of characters already got animation updates - herk, cu, medea, og artoria, etc.

- - - Updated - - -
    @firemagnet Not sure where your torture came from but I was F2P until guaranteed gachas came out and the Artorium quest never gave me that much trouble, Silvers can clear this as long as you follow class advantages.

(Maybe some difficulty in the Heroine Z fights, but that's where Whale Friends come in)

If you're just starting out, just try getting what you can get from the event and don't bother clearing it, thankfully enough this is one of the missable events as lily isn't that strong.

Just enjoy the game and don't stress out too much, it's defeating the purpose of playing it in the 1st place.

Last edited by ExDii07; 01-06-2018 at 03:20 AM.

Is Looking For: Hayasui.
    And more wine for Pola.
    Married Pola 8/20/2016, LSC Graduation: 8/21/2016

Rep
    Mentioned
    1243 Post(s)
    @hidahos

Medusa, Cu, and Saber Alter should all have animation updates for the US server. Maybe one more, but I forget who.

- - - Updated - - -
    @firemagnet

Lol. So much of F/GO can be cleared if you just raise two of the most common Servants in the game: Arash and Spartacus. Add in the several extremely good for their rarity R Servants (e.g. Robin Hood, Euryale, Cu, etc), and it really shouldn't present much of a problem. Of course, if you only focus on raising your shiny SR and SSR Servants at the expense of the others, it's no wonder if you struggle.

As for Tesla, stop bringing Sabers and just use someone's Scathach if it's that much a problem. A support's MHX can also work since she gets a pretty hefty Power Up bonus, plus helps in clearing the first two waves. For MHZ, again, either bring support MHX, or grab someone's Okita. Beyond that, Gaius helps in dealing with the dragon in the second wave.

Lastly, and most importantly, stop trying to farm past Jeanne if you don't even a copy of the Purely Bloom CE to equip on your main damage dealer(s). You're only making the game harder than it has to be, especially if you're adverse to spending some apples.

- - - Updated - - -
    @firemagnet

Also, lol at spending quartz on AP refills. If you're only at ~60 AP, you should focus on farming the experience daily and get your Servants to at least their first ascensions.

Rep
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExDii07 View Post
    @hidahos A lot of characters already got animation updates - herk, cu, medea, og artoria, etc.

- - - Updated - - -
    @firemagnet Not sure where your torture came from but I was F2P until guaranteed gachas came out and the Artorium quest never gave me that much trouble, Silvers can clear this as long as you follow class advantages.

(Maybe some difficulty in the Heroine Z fights, but that's where Whale Friends come in)

If you're just starting out, just try getting what you can get from the event and don't bother clearing it, thankfully enough this is one of the missable events as lily isn't that strong.

Just enjoy the game and don't stress out too much, it's defeating the purpose of playing it in the 1st place.
    Eh, the torture comes from playing a lot of mobile games off of a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime SM360GT 1.2Ghz quad core 1GB ram phone, and therein finding Fate/GO to be more restrictive, more user-unfriendly, and generally a heck of a lot more aggressive when it comes to monetization than a lot of its peers, particularly Azure Lane, Fire Emblem Heroes, and Valkyrie Connect. By comparison, those games have very good cusdev; they start off with loads of stuff for new players, enable tons of progression, and generally let their users go nuts with regards to how much they want to play before the monetization really kicks in. Valkyire Connect, for instance, has tons of player-initiated miniboss battles going on at any one time, and rewards new players with 50 gems per run of a boss battle for the first 100 such battles. It also has generous login rewards both during campaigns and otherwise.

Fate/GO does none of this, and is both memory and processor heavy to boot; its graphics are about equal to Valkyrie Connect (see below), yet Valkyrie Connect runs on my phone perfectly without the constant overheating, audio stuttering, crashing, input delays, and other general shenanigans that plague my phone once every 45 minutes or so when running F/GO. They also have guaranteed summons that are, overall, cheaper in the long run, and even did a F/SN collab with a guaranteed Artoria summon back in April:

@Trubo

In general, see above. F/GO is just poorly done, poorly optimized and a very obvious money-sink in general (and yes, I did fall for that). You get vastly more mileage in Valk Connect and other games; One ten unit summon is, depending upon the type, somewhere between $10 (1500 gems) at the minimum and $20 (3000 gems) at the maximum, depending upon the type of event. Generally speaking, you get more rewards, you get more bang for your buck, you have more opportunities for character evolution and---the best part--there's no way to lose your account since you can either tie it to google play, or to the social media account of your choice. There is simply no excuse for F/GO to be the way it is re: player rewards other than pure greed and having a cash-cow franchise.

Otherwise:

1. Really guy, if you're going to give advice, at least don't do it with "lel, what a scrub" written in the subtext of your post in what as well might be bolded letters.

2. Re: Arash and Spartacus, I was focusing on final damage output, but Ok.

3. Already cleared Tesla and MHZ for the story parts, but only just. Haven't gotten beyond Planet difficulty, which required me to use an S-Quartz vs Jeanne (not going to dump 40AP), and even then I barely cleared it even when accounting for class compatabilities. I was actually trying to do comet difficulty, but for whatever reason it wasn't showing up at the time.

4. As for farming, I've actually gotten up to around 90k Artorium just farming the 20 and 25 AP quests for All purpose lenses and transistor-Gs.

5. "spending quartz on AP refills." I'll do it if I have to where the reward outweighs the risk. I've also already gotten most of my higher level servants to their first ascensions, namely: Babbage, Saber Lilly, Medea, Medusa, Robin Hood, Cu (prototype), Stheno. I also have two copies of purely bloom, both leveled, and a third on the way funded via vacuum tubes. As above, my frustration ultimately stems from my disappointment at how the game has been handled.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1243 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firemagnet View Post
    Eh, the torture comes from playing a lot of mobile games off of a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime SM360GT 1.2Ghz quad core 1GB ram phone, and therein finding Fate/GO to be more restrictive, more user-unfriendly, and generally a heck of a lot more aggressive when it comes to monetization than a lot of its peers, particularly Azure Lane, Fire Emblem Heroes, and Valkyrie Connect. By comparison, those games have very good cusdev; they start off with loads of stuff for new players, enable tons of progression, and generally let their users go nuts with regards to how much they want to play before the monetization really kicks in. Valkyire Connect, for instance, has tons of player-initiated miniboss battles going on at any one time, and rewards new players with 50 gems per run of a boss battle for the first 100 such battles. It also has generous login rewards both during campaigns and otherwise.
    Those games give tons of nice stuff because units or items start to lose their value compared to newer units and items. Meanwhile in GO, some of the best Servants in the game are the C/UC/R Servants, and many of those R Servants are already available in the FP gacha.

Also, most of the value a Servant has is having a single copy of that Servant. Additional copies only boost NP damage or small boosts in healing for support NPs.

Fate/GO does none of this, and is both memory and processor heavy to boot; its graphics are about equal to Valkyrie Connect (see below), yet Valkyrie Connect runs on my phone perfectly without the constant overheating, audio stuttering, crashing, input delays, and other general shenanigans that plague my phone once every 45 minutes or so when running F/GO. They also have guaranteed summons that are, overall, cheaper in the long run, and even did a F/SN collab with a guaranteed Artoria summon back in April:
    The hardware issues are legitimate problems with FGO, that's for sure.

In general, see above. F/GO is just poorly done, poorly optimized and a very obvious money-sink in general (and yes, I did fall for that). You get vastly more mileage in Valk Connect and other games; One ten unit summon is, depending upon the type, somewhere between $10 (1500 gems) at the minimum and $20 (3000 gems) at the maximum, depending upon the type of event. Generally speaking, you get more rewards, you get more bang for your buck, you have more opportunities for character evolution and---the best part--there's no way to lose your account since you can either tie it to google play, or to the social media account of your choice. There is simply no excuse for F/GO to be the way it is re: player rewards other than pure greed and having a cash-cow franchise.
    As I already mentioned, a single copy of a Servant in GO is already an overwhelmingly significant value of that Servant. Yes, additional copies are nice to power up the NP, but it's not required. Compare that to FEH that you mentioned where 1 copy of a SSR will not equal someone that's rolled multiple due to improving actual stats. Also, with FEH at least, dunno about other games, there's no guarantee that the SSR you rolled is going to be as useful as another person's SSR of the same unit because lol randomized stats. Then there's the whole skill migration thing that requires rolling even more copies of a particular unit to pass on those skill.

Otherwise:

1. Really guy, if you're going to give advice, at least don't do it with "lel, what a scrub" written in the subtext of your post in what as well might be bolded letters.
    Maybe don't jump into an event with little to no preparation. Farming the 40 AP experience daily will get you experience to feed to Servants in addition to restocking your AP to continue farming for experience.

2. Re: Arash and Spartacus, I was focusing on final damage output, but Ok.
    Being able to clear the first two waves of a battle with your main units having taken little to no damage is extremely useful for challenging stuff. But hey, just ignore the comment I gave of several of the useful R Servants that are similarly as easy to obtain because FP gacha.

3. Already cleared Tesla and MHZ for the story parts, but only just. Haven't gotten beyond Planet difficulty, which required me to use an S-Quartz vs Jeanne (not going to dump 40AP), and even then I barely cleared it even when accounting for class compatabilities. I was actually trying to do comet difficulty, but for whatever reason it wasn't showing up at the time.
    Are you even using the Purely Bloom or Star of Altria CEs?

4. As for farming, I've actually gotten up to around 90k Artorium just farming the 20 and 25 AP quests for All purpose lenses and transistor-Gs.
    You really should be farming the Jeanne battle at least, as the transistor drop is better. A support MHX with Purely Bloom and some Casters is all you really need to farm that node. Nothing too hard to obtain.

5. "spending quartz on AP refills." I'll do it if I have to where the reward outweighs the risk. I've also already gotten most of my higher level servants to their first ascensions, namely: Babbage, Saber Lilly, Medea, Medusa, Robin Hood, Cu (prototype), Stheno. I also have two copies of purely bloom, both leveled, and a third on the way funded via vacuum tubes.

You yourself said you only have 60ish AP. You should be taking advantage of the 40 AP experience daily's high Master exp value to increase Master level, increase Servant levels, and increase your AP cap. Wasting it on the easier event battles is a waste of apples. Also, is that Stheno from the tutorial 10-roll? If so, it's only your fault for not rerolling for a better SR option.

As above, my frustration ultimately stems from my disappointment at how the game has been handled.

Go on reddit's friend request thread and find some people with Scathach, Okita, MHX, and/or Waver. A good support trivializes most of the fights.

Rep
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Maybe don't jump into an event with little to no preparation. Farming the 40 AP experience daily will get you experience to feed to Servants in addition to restocking your AP to continue farming for experience.
    I was already doing this well before the event because I recognized the potential for player EXP re: levels refreshing the AP cap, as well as the 8-9 4-star exp cards it gives you. You assume too little of me.

Being able to clear the first two waves of a battle with your main units having taken little to no damage is extremely useful for challenging stuff. But hey, just ignore the comment I gave of several of the useful R Servants that are similarly as easy to obtain because FP gacha.
    Already realized this, and was configuring my setups as such well before the event. I only used sabers for the event because of the artorium multiplier.

Are you even using the Purely Bloom or Star of Altria CEs?
    Actually yes. I already have three purely blooms, and at 96 vacuum tubes I nearly have the fourth. I don't have Star of Altria yet.

You really should be farming the Jeanne battle at least, as the transistor drop is better. A support MHX with Purely Bloom and some Casters is all you really need to farm that node. Nothing too hard to obtain.
    Don't have enough high level chars to consistently clear this, especially given that babbage's damage output is criminally low, even with purely bloom. Other caster is lvl 30 medea, don't have enough pieces to ascension her.

You yourself said you only have 60ish AP. You should be taking advantage of the 40 AP experience daily's high Master exp value to increase Master level, increase Servant levels, and increase your AP cap. Wasting it on the easier event battles is a waste of apples. Also, is that Stheno from the tutorial 10-roll? If so, it's only your fault for not rerolling for a better SR option.

No, Stheno is not, AFAIR, from the tutorial roll. I wasn't even aware that there was an option to re-roll it. Tutorial roll gave me a Frankenstein, since I distinctly remember using her in first tutorial stages.

Go on reddit's friend request thread and find some people with Scathach, Okita, MHX, and/or Waver. A good support trivializes most of the fights.
    Already have no less than five MHXs and one Scathach in friends list, plus a few Jacks, at at level 60 or above.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1243 Post(s)
    I was already doing this well before the event because I recognized the potential for player EXP re: levels refreshing the AP cap, as well as the 8-9 4-star exp cards it gives you. You assume too little of me.
    Says the guy that has ~60 AP and only a handful of Servants at 30-40. No, you are not really prepared.

Actually yes. I already have three purely blooms, and at 96 vacuum tubes I nearly have the fourth. I don't have Star of Altria yet.
    Keep farming Jeanne then, as it's the best point node you can farm at this time.

Don't have enough high level chars to consistently clear this, especially given that babbage's damage output is criminally low, even with purely bloom. Other caster is lvl 30 medea, don't have enough pieces to ascension her.

Is today's class daily Caster, or are there Caster pieces in the shop?

No, Stheno is not, AFAIR, from the tutorial roll. I wasn't even aware that there was an option to re-roll it. Tutorial roll gave me a Frankenstein, since I distinctly remember using her in first tutorial stages.
    US tutorial banner has d'Eon, Siegfried, Emiya, Atalante, Liz, Marie, Martha, Carmilla, Stheno, Herk, and Tamamo Cat. You must have gotten Fran from the London banner.

Already have no less than five MHXs and one Scathach in friends list, plus a few Jacks, at at level 60 or above.
    None that are 90?

Rep
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Says the guy that has ~60 AP and only a handful of Servants at 30-40. No, you are not really prepared.
    *insert obligatory and overwrought eyeroll here* For someone who rebooted the game about a week before this event started, having lost their old account because there's no social media tie-in, I'd say I'm doing decently well at 104k artorium. I do miss my old account where I had Saber Lilly, about 30 free S-Quartz and so-on from the original start dash & promotion campaign, though.

Keep farming Jeanne then, as it's the best point node you can farm at this time.
    Farming Comet difficulty for raw artorium instead.

Is today's class daily Caster, or are there Caster pieces in the shop?
    No.

US tutorial banner has d'Eon, Siegfried, Emiya, Atalante, Liz, Marie, Martha, Carmilla, Stheno, Herk, and Tamamo Cat. You must have gotten Fran from the London banner.
    Explains where I got d'Eon, then. London summon I got immediately thereafter had three drops for Fran.

None that are 90?
    Highest was 80ish. No 90s, though I did have a 90 artoria for a friend support char. There are a heck of a lot of Christmas Saber Alters, though, which come in handy for high level rider companions.

TBH I'm going back to focusing on the story at this point. All out of AP boosts, don't want to spend S-Quartz anymore, and can't be assed to put in the effort seeing as the only bonus I get is a boost to Saber-Lilly's NP, and MHX isn't really worth spending money on; spending 150 S-Quartz (50 drops) would give you just a 40% of seeing an MHX drop, as is the case with all 1% Gacha drops. To achieve almost guaranteed odds (~83%), you'd have to spend 450 S-Quartz or approximately $300. To say that it's "not worth it" is an understatement along the lines of saying that the surface temperature is merely "hot."

Rep
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Question does this game have auto battle?

Rep
    Mentioned
    1243 Post(s)
    *insert obligatory and overwrought eyeroll here* For someone who rebooted the game about a week before this event started, having lost their old account because there's no social media tie-in, I'd say I'm doing decently well at 104k artorium. I do miss my old account where I had Saber Lilly, about 30 free S-Quartz and so-on from the original start dash & promotion campaign, though.
    So you're bitching about not being able to do the hard parts of an event with what amounts to a starter account? I find it hard to believe that a similarly progressed account in any of those other games you mentioned would have no trouble clearing a new event.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Shendu

No