Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1447 of 1453 FirstFirst ... 44794713471397143714451446144714481449 ... LastLast
Results 14,461 to 14,470 of 14528
    Rep
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren View Post
    @Gabezhul look on the bright side, both are four star servants and aren't bad. Most of my summoning tickets give me 3 star CE and servants.
    It's easy to say, but it still leaves such a bad aftertaste. I mean, Vlad is just bad at the moment, and he is only going to get worse as the content gets tougher. Even with his strengthening, he is at most a super-situational servant for an art team that I don't have. Sure, as far as I can see he has a great synergy with Waver, Tamamo and Merlin, but if had enough money to whale for SSR teams, I would not be so disheartened right now.

Stheno is even worse, as right now she is borderline useless, as her NP (even at NP2) is in practice nothing more than a defense debuff, as the charm and instakill hits maybe one out of every ten times, and her skills and stats are trash for a 4*. On top of that, even after strengthening, she is only useful as a support for divine servants, which I don't have.

As for Medea Lily, she is great for stalling zombie teams... which is a playstyle I hate and therefore don't use.

So yeah, getting a bunch of SRs and SSRs only to have no use for them is more than a little annoying, especially when one uses real money to gamble for them. -.-'

At this point I am even considering bruteforcing a Medea Lily + Vlad + Support Waver team just to try and squeeze a drop of usefulness out of this whole debackle.

Last edited by Gabezhul; 11-22-2017 at 07:32 PM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    997 Post(s)
    @Gabezhul No argument there on Stheno. But is Vlad that bad? I don't have him yet so cannot say anything about him. I rarely seen him on support too.

Rep
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikan View Post
    @Gabezhul No argument there on Stheno. But is Vlad that bad? I don't have him yet so cannot say anything about him. I rarely seen him on support too.
    Vlad is bad, and there is a reason you don't see him much among the supports. It's because he is the one who needs the support to even function.
    I did my homework, and this is how I see him: Vlad is useful if, and only if, your team also has Tamamo, Waver or Merlin. There is a reason for that.

Let's break him down step by step.
    -Stats: Decent, but because of his growth curve, he barely gets anything after LV70, so raising him any higher without an express plan, let alone grailing him, is a waste of resources.
    -Skills: Bloosucker is decent for stalling/NP recovery, while Morph and Guts help him stay afloat a little longer, but not by much. Before strengthening, he has nothing to buff his attack either, which is a big problem for a berserker. After that his morph turns into "The Legend of Dracula", which is a solid +20-30% Atk/Def boost, but it's not in the NA version yet.
    -NP: A single target Arts NP that deals 6x-10x damage and generates critical stars, which is lame. After strengthening, it goes up to 9x-15x, which is considerably better, but again, it's not in the NA version.

Now here is how he is "supposed" to function: You put him in a full arts buffer team. You do nothing but charge his NP through chains (since his own NP gain is pathetic), then use it. It generates critical stars, which you can hopefully use on the next turn to have Art criticals for more NP, so you can charge his NP and do it all over again. In the meantime, you are using your other Art servants to heal, buff and just generally try to stay alive so you can keep charging his NP.

Now, this might sound nice in theory, but it has a couple of problems. First off, outside of this specific setup, Vlad is pretty much a sitting duck, with 2 Art cards that don't generate much NP and an Art NP that breaks Buster chains and doesn't even benefit from his own class. Also, while the NP spam sounds nice in theory, it is not feasible on the NA server at all, because we don't have his NP strengthening interlude, and without that his NP only generates 15 critical stars, which is not something you can rely on.

In other words, if you have a dedicated Art team and a strengthened and NP5 Vlad, once the NP spam gets rolling, he can trample his enemies underfoot like a steamroller. However right now, with NP1, on the NA server, he is outclassed by freakin Lu Bu as a reliable berserker, and comparing him to Herc is just cruel.

Last edited by Gabezhul; 11-22-2017 at 07:40 PM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    477 Post(s)
    Phew good thing i already have King Hassan, otherwise this Gacha would have baited me hard. I need to stay strong for Christmas and the new EoR chapter! :D

Btw are you guys done with the re-run? I'm still nowhere close to clearing out the shop, since i only farmed with natural AP gen the last few days and the droprate on fruitcakes isn't all that great. Looks like i have to burn some apples last minute to get atleast all the good stuff.

Also i like that DW is really generous for this download campaign..... hopefully they continue to do so and give us a unlimited raffle in the new Christmas Event. To be honest i would be kinda bummed out if we don't get one lol.

Last edited by Raven2k5; 11-22-2017 at 10:29 PM.

The Evolution

Rep
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    Hope you'll forgive me as a newcomer to this section, and starting off in a negative light,but always ruffles my feathers to read stuff like this. Vlad works just fine. Sure in a world where your friend list is filled with godly supports like Merlin who don't work well with an Arts damage dealer and the challenge quests are tough as heck, working with Vlad without his strengthening, without higher NP levels and without his ideal arts comp (Waver+Tamano) can look non-ideal.

But he is still an SSR berserker with clear ability synergy and will steamroll any current NA content just fine with no strengthening, NP1 and at most a waver/tamano support, half the ideal comp. Is Lu Bu better? Not really, he's reliable but his stats as a 3* ultimately hold him back enough even with the expected NP5. Herk is a better comparison, then again maybe not because until recently Herrk has always been borderline broken on JP. I'd also say both are apples to oranges comparisons, they don't work with the same strat.

Don't have a Tamano or Waver to go with him? Get a friend support waver, very easy, and stick a maxed out Hans or Mozart there in with him. That's more than good enough to go all the way up to Solomon without his later JP buffs.

Or put down a perfectly good SSR just because he's a little less straightforward to use than the mindless Buster strats. That is what I've never understood, this idea that there is some kind of zero-sum game among the SSRs when about 90% are viable for almost any content. I've got 19 SSRs, including Vlad, I've never though of him as useless among all the others. Disappointed to see the same kind of mentality here as atrocious reddit.
    Yes, you can make a budget-team for Vlad, but is it actually worth it? Is it actually worth spending resources, which could be used elsewhere for more well-rounded and less finicky servants, just to force some use out of him? I said I would try doing it by using Medea Lily as a second servant, but that is a plant for the distant future when I have already put together a solid team of each class, as in the current NA meta, the class-rock-paper-scissors is more important than actual rarity under most circumstances.

Also, you have 19 SSRs. Great. However, I have 3. I have to make do with what I have, and if given the choice between an SSR servant that requires an dedicated support structure to work versus one that I can readily slot into a common Buster or Critical team and they would be perfectly viable, I will pick the latter. I love experimenting in games like this (just look around in the Aigis thread, and you will find me getting on the nerves of everyone for demanding more gimmicky and weird units to play around with instead of boring beat-sticks), but that only works after I already have a solid team that can comfortably deal with most of the content. I might have been happy to pull Vlad if it happened after that, but considering he came out of a guaranteed SSR gacha where even the dupes would have given me a greater benefit, I can't help but feel disappointed by a servant that requires me to "waste" resources on raising support servants I would normally never use just to have him work.

Last edited by Gabezhul; 11-22-2017 at 10:38 PM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    477 Post(s)
    @Gabezhul Well considering the NA Version is still pretty new, having three SSRs is actually pretty good. You'll have to give it some time before you can really build a good 5 star Team. This early in the game you don't really need a super powerful Team to clear the content. Heck you can clear the hard Content in the JP Version with 3 stars and below if you want. Plus you can already build some intersting Teams even with the lower rarity Servants.

Also there will be quite a few cool Welfares in the future that are really good. So loook forward to that! (Where is my KnK re-run DW "sniff")

Anyways i know how you feel, it's always disheartening to get a Servant you don't really want or not getting the one you want. But that's also part of the game and there will always be next time to get the Servant you really want. Even though it will take some time for some of them to get another rate up.... "Bryn... cough cough"

The Evolution

Rep
    Mentioned
    741 Post(s)
    Vlad is quite good after getting his 2nd skill upgrade. More damage on for his spam. 30% ATK for 3 turns with 2 turns down time or shorter when with Tamamo. That is how good he is IF you love NP spam.
    Then again, running any Arts team with Tamamo and/or BB is golden.

Vlad is also one of the few that can equip his Bond CE without suffering much.

Last edited by FlamingYu; 11-23-2017 at 02:23 AM.

LSC Completed 2014-2015
    Taihou - 29/12, Bismarck - 12/01, Yamato - 19/01, Musashi - 16/02, Shioi - 30/03

Rep
    Mentioned
    997 Post(s)

A friendly reminder the re-run event gonna end tomorrow Nov 24th 12:59 JST. The Ishtar gacha however will still be around until Nov 29th 12:59 JST.

Server
    Hashira Island Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1948 Post(s)
    Darn it, running at a snail's pace. Still at the 4th box, wonder if I can hit 10 before it ends tomorrow.

Is Looking For: Hayasui.
    And more wine for Pola.
    Married Pola 8/20/2016, LSC Graduation: 8/21/2016

Rep
    Mentioned
    1240 Post(s)
    @ExDii07

Not without spending apples. If you have time, just farm it out real quick. With a +6 bonus including the support, I was getting about 100 or so stockings a run.