Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The 18th Oct Maint has ended. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      Visitor messaging is temporarily disabled.
Bookmark Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    IGN
    Shepard
    Server
    Kanoya
    Rep
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Seems the Kancolle movie got a recent release in 4DX and MX4D. The short trailer shows a few shots that I don't believe were in any other trailer.

Wo-san... why won't you come to my base?

You don't get it do you? It's a SHIP that launches Ship GIRLS! It's going to cause a rift in the space/awesome continuum!!

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1333 Post(s)
    Welp, I've screwed myself. Went to KC Wikia to see when BD/DVD release are scheduled (if not out already), and read through comments. Now the main page DOES have significant spoilers, BUT they are blacked out so you have to highlight to see them. No problem there if you just want to know which ship-girls are in the movie.

Comments. NOPE. Some ass**** put in a major spoiler with NO warning. Frankly, the PVs have some spoilers if you look closely, as does the setting, etc. If you want to be spoiler free, just stay away from anything movie related until available in your area to watch.

From what I read, I can confirm what's been posted here. The movie is darker with much less SOL, and yes, it does give some in-depth explanation about the nature of Abyssal ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Acid View Post
    Part of me wants to know the spoilers, to answer the burning question of "Does she die?", but the other half doesn't want to know in case the answer is "Yes.", in which case I want absolutely nothing to do with it.

'Buki deserves more than something like that.
    Totally agree. While not my favorite ship or DD, I do like Fubuki, and I think she gets more sh*t than she deserves. *pats own Fubuki Kai ni on head*. For the 'buki haters who want her to die, I can only wonder what their reaction would be if in future, the anime kills off their favorite waifu. #karma

Last edited by goesto11; 04-09-2017 at 07:09 PM.
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Rep
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    @goesto11

So release in late April or early May?

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1333 Post(s)
    @firemagnet: Supposedly standard time for BD/DVD release is about 6 months after the movie. That would would mean late May I think, but few comments I read were late April/May. It's all a guess at this point.

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

IGN
    Shepard
    Server
    Kanoya
    Rep
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    The movie is coming out at the end of august

https://www.reddit.com/r/kancolle/co..._release_date/

Wo-san... why won't you come to my base?

You don't get it do you? It's a SHIP that launches Ship GIRLS! It's going to cause a rift in the space/awesome continuum!!

Rep
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Raws are out. I watched it. Too much drama. Something tells me the ones in charge have never played this game.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    Yuudachi, Satsuki, Ikazuchi, Tone.

Rep
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sawhorse View Post
    Raws are out. I watched it. Too much drama. Something tells me the ones in charge have never played this game.
    I actually liked the drama, believe it or not. The film was a nice touch, moving away from satisfying the fans of the game and towards fleshing out the world a little. The entire ending sequence, particularly the battle for Ironbottom Sound and where
    [+] Spoiler
    Fubuki meets with her abyssal opposite and regains her memories(?)

were nice touches, and quite satisfying.

Serious, levelheaded, "first ship of the class" Fubuki who goes "fuck this shit" and tosses her gear all over the beach as she slogs towards a heroes' welcome is much better, IMHO, than the seasonal anime's version of Fubuki.

Also, you'd be freaking out too if you found out that you were destined for an eternal war where half of your allies are effectively clones of the original with most of their memories missing, etc.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.

IGN
    Laisy
    Server
    Hitokappu
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3744 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sawhorse View Post
    There was so many reference and acknowledgement to the game its impossible that is the case. (Besides the game had no plot to begin with). If anything this feels more like a big budget fanwork.

I do agree the pacing got a bit thight its almost suffocating, but throwing in more light hearted stuff would be out of place.

BTW those who didn't, please watch till the very end. Trust me.

Nothing much happening right now, isn't it?

Laisy's Journey of Drawing

Rep
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laisy View Post
    There was so many reference and acknowledgement to the game its impossible that is the case. (Besides the game had no plot to begin with). If anything this feels more like a big budget fanwork.

I do agree the pacing got a bit thight its almost suffocating, but throwing in more light hearted stuff would be out of place.

BTW those who didn't, please watch till the very end. Trust me.
    After the credits, or?

IGN
    Laisy
    Server
    Hitokappu
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3744 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firemagnet View Post
    After the credits, or?
    After credits, Marvel style.

And I was thinking, we should compile a list of easter eggs or hidden details from this movie

Nothing much happening right now, isn't it?

Laisy's Journey of Drawing