Bookmark ThreadResults 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Forum Rules & Regulations
04-17-2014, 01:53 AM #1
Forum Rules & Regulations
Expected Behaviour when utilising forums.
The Himeuta Channel is a forum for holding various discussions on the game Kantai Collection, as well as a place for players to socialize within. Do not post disingenuously, or in an inflammatory manner for the sole purpose of upsetting others. Negative commentary and minority opinions are not frowned upon, but members are expected to be able to substantiate their positions. At the same time, do not derail threads around yourself and avoid attempting to respond to every single reaction among dozens after posting a comment that is reacted to severely en masse.
I. Site-wide policy
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not post any material that is defamatory, false, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. Racial, or ethnic slurs will not be tolerated in any form and are bannable on the first offense. It is recommended that profanity be held to a minimum in order to keep the level of discourse high, and profanity should not be used when addressing others.
It is recommended that sarcastic remarks or comments made in a joking manner be posted under an absolute minimum, or otherwise with an alert presumption that these posts can turn into misunderstandings and heated drama, and therefore be avoided as much as possible.
ALL DISCUSSION IS TO BE HELD IN ENGLISH UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED.
Images of a sexual or profane nature are discouraged. Images presenting exposed genitalia, and/or female nipple/aureola are not allowed. Outside of this, common sense and a "safe-for-work" rule should be the primary considerations. For more concise information, please open the spoiler associated with this section:
Images that are sufficiently censored are allowed. This does not override the existing policy of sexual undertones and the like.
Please bear in mind that we have no control of other website's contents, and as such users should exercise caution when clicking links, due to the reason they may lead to potentially unsafe websites. We do not take any responsibility for any damage arising from clicking potentially harmful links.
However, links that direct to websites that conflict with other site-wide policies, such as NSFW sites, advertising sites will be deleted without notice.
4. Piracy/Copyrighted Material
We do not endorse nor promote piracy, but all piracy content will be acceptable, excluding explicit material (pornography).
Users who instigate forum drama, defined as intentionally trying to sow discord among other forum members, will be instantly banned. This forum holds zero tolerance regarding forum drama, and any posts that are designed to inflame relations and create disturbances within the forum will be deleted on sight, and perpetrators permanently banned.
Do NOT discuss reputation in the form of a forum post (i.e. who downvoted me?!?). If you have a problem with rep please contact a moderator privately, as discussing it publicly in a thread is invariably off-topic and it leads to drama and witch hunt.
Offenders will be warned and have their posts deleted. Repeated offenders will be banned permanently for inciting drama.
6. Avatars and Signatures
All avatars and signatures must be PG13 rated. Explicit avatars and signatures will be removed, and the ability to have signatures can be removed if deemed necessary. For more information please see this detailed thread on avatar and signature policies here.
7. Self-Promotion and Spam
Do not create new threads promoting a product or service you have any involvement in, or paste PR materials for promotional purposes, or attempt to embed referral links in your posts to generate revenue. If an existing discussion is taking place directly involving something you are associated with, you may participate in order to answer questions, clarify details, and otherwise engage with the community, but as a person, not an advertisement.
Note that this does not apply to Pixiv, Deviantart or any such sites that are considered as portfolio sites.
8. Tools and external applications
Because of the nature of Kantai Collection, numerous applications have been developed to facilitate and enhance player experience during gameplay. While this forum does not restrict access and posting material related to such items, users should remember that
> Users are inherently and solely responsible for any punitive action while using external applications. This includes but not limited to banning of one's Kantai Collection DMM account.
> Tools may contain malware, and users should bear in mind that such applications may be able to steal information related to their accounts, therefore should exercise extreme caution when downloading such applications.
Applications that are designed to allow macro-play, or otherwise known as botting, is prohibited, and will be removed on sight and poster immediately banned.
9. API Links
All forum users should remember that posting API links, either intentionally or by accident, is detrimental to one's game account. Thus, all users who post screenshots of their gameplay, or videos/streams should exercise utmost attention and caution and make sure that all API links contained within their material be removed. The administration does not take any responsibility for any untoward accident caused by a stray-posted API link, and though the moderation team will pursue any means necessary to remove screenshots/posts with API links within them, it is entirely up to the user to remain cautious while posting such material.
The discussion of cheating and hacking, such as what is considered within the range of exploits, and its effects on DMM policies and gameplay experience as a political subject is permitted. Discussions and providing instructions on how to cheat, however is highly discouraged, and the moderation team can, at any time with reason, request an immediate cease to talks on the subject.
Linking to cheating software is grounds for an immediate permanent ban.
Use of multiple user accounts on the forum is strictly prohibited. Users found to be using multiple accounts are subject to permanent banning of all accounts.
Reputation trading is not allowed and users found doing so will face serious consequences. Do not rally your friends to give yourself rep, or create alternative accounts to give yourself rep(this is also a violation of rule 11). Similarly, do not rally your friends or creative alternative accounts to give a user neg rep. Offenders will be infracted or banned.
Other forms of clear abuse of reputation (including but not limited to continuous upvoting/downvoting of the same person's old posts and upvoting/downvoting posts that clearly do not warrant either) will result in infraction or account closure as well.
Users are free to express their opinions using the reputation system and the moderators will do their best to not judge them as abuse based on subjective reasons, but we do believe that there are misuses of the reputation system that constitute abuse beyond a reasonable doubt. When they occur, the moderating team will take appropriate punitive actions.
Do NOT, under any circumstance, disclose or discuss personal information of another user in the forums, including but not limited to real name, phone number, email address, address and SSN.
II. Thread policy
1. Please be on topic when posting any remarks, comments in a thread. Users who post material that is not related to a thread's discussion may receive infractions and offending posts removed without warning.
2. Any junk threads such as thanking threads, birthday threads, congratulations threads, or any type of thread that is basically post bumping is not allowed anywhere on the forum. Please utilise the PM system for such situations.
3. Nonsensical posting, under any context will be deleted without notice. This may include but not limited to, one word spam responses, posts that do not correlate and make any sense, posts that do not have any relation to the thread, and posts that are knowingly false information.
4. Do not necro threads that are more than one month old.
III. Moderation Policy
1. Moderation of Himeuta is not by democracy. All decisions with regards to thread closure and movement, permanent and temporary bans, membership, and any other relevant issues are made by the administration alone and are final. That being said, constructive criticisms and suggestions are welcome, provided they are directed to the administration here. Any disputes with moderation policies should be addressed here. DO NOT DISPUTE MODERATION POLICIES WITHIN THE FORUM ITSELF.
2. Considering the real-time nature of the forum, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message only. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to report the post immediately. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
3. Although we cannot review every message posted, and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to edit or delete any message for any reason. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages.
4. We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you), typically in (but not limited to) the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
These aforementioned Rules and Terms are subject to change at any time without notification.