Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The next update will be on 29th Sept thread for more information and discussion.
      Visitor messaging is temporarily disabled.
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Re: Abridged Event Ship Guide for new players - I.E. "What Ships Should I Get?"

Quote Originally Posted by Leyana View Post
    @mumei-chan Isuzu's AACI was tested to shoot down 3 planes. Worse than a 2x HA setup.
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....
    what
    in
    the
    actual
    fuck

I'm going to throw fucking molotovs filled with C4 at Tanaka
    Like what the fuck
    That isn't a buff
    That's just fucking HUMILIATING

@EchIII
    Good luck with your guide changes, and I'm sure it'll get even better with time. Well done.

Further note for Isuzu-lovers like me: Stick to the 2xMain and 1x Sonar, she'll do a fuckton better that way, at least she'll have some actual goddamn striking power and can pull a bit of double duty angrily nuking subs with tears in her eyes after what fucking "buffs" the devs gave her

Isuzu's Anniversary: 1:51am EST, 7/25/2014---Shiratsuyu's Anniversary: 9:57pm EST, 4/12/2015
    Twitch: Offline
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Waifu Fleet: Isuzu--Shiratsuyu

Rep
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

@FireKiller87

Yeah, that's why I said Isuzu is a downgrade, because her AACI at K1 with an FD and a radar is just as shit as her K2, except now she doesn't even have the option of artillery spotting.

It should get better with time, the big difficulty (as I said) were the budget and rarity considerations, consider that I'm a level 103 and I got my:

• First Yuugumo at 9X
    • First Makigumo at 8X
    • Z1 and Nagato at 102
    • Have LSCed under 20 times, and even then have only done 4/6/6/2 three times to burn down below softcap. (I did get my Yahagi kappa)

That's also why I mentioned stuff like Furutaka and Kako in the guide, along with Aoba.

夏 '15 : BBBCCBC | 秋 '15: AABBA | 冬16: AAA | 春 '16: AAAAAAC
    http://i.imgur.com/ZUPC2wm.png
    https://www.senka.me/player/20025918

Rep
    Mentioned
    649 Post(s)

@EchIII

Actually, I was responding to @oriscus's comment about comparing Yuugumo with Ushio.

My point was that the 60 vs 70 debate is time and resource dependent, which depends heavily on your other options/when the next event is. If someone asked me right now which of Ayanami or Ushio would be a better choice for the upcoming event, I'd almost certainly suggest Ushio to them. On the other hand, ask me that again early January and I'll say that Ayanami is hands-down the better option.

Other ship classes don't have this issue, simply because outside of branching rules (which is more of an RNG lottery rather than anything else) a given set of sister ships at Kai Ni don't have wildly varying performances. Yeah, there will be times where you want Kirishima over Hiei/Haruna or vice versa, but they're generally interchangable. OFC Myoukou is better than her sister a la less moles spent to hit reliable CI performance, but for most intents and purposes, as a CA her sisters will do just as well. I'd be tempted to argue that Soryuu and Hiryuu at K2 are still interchangeable, even if Hiryuu is the superior sister on all counts.

Rep
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EchIII View Post
    @FireKiller87

Yeah, that's why I said Isuzu is a downgrade, because her AACI at K1 with an FD and a radar is just as shit as her K2, except now she doesn't even have the option of artillery spotting.

It should get better with time, the big difficulty (as I said) were the budget and rarity considerations, consider that I'm a level 103 and I got my:

• First Yuugumo at 9X
    • First Makigumo at 8X
    • Z1 and Nagato at 102
    • Have LSCed under 20 times, and even then have only done 4/6/6/2 three times to burn down below softcap. (I did get my Yahagi kappa)

That's also why I mentioned stuff like Furutaka and Kako in the guide, along with Aoba.
    As Isuzu was the first ship I ever married in Kancolle, the above factoids are EXTREMELY depressing. Tanaka and his cronies have it out for poor Isuzu and hence I want to stuff lots and lots of angry explody things into his mouth and detonate them.
    She's still at least pretty great at murderizing subs, and like I said, considering how terrible things look for her, if you do use her you're best off trying to pull a double duty setup and run Double Line if you need to do antisub+antisurface, as well as giving her a viable double night attack. Otherwise, objectively...yeah, no, I can't.

Isuzu's Anniversary: 1:51am EST, 7/25/2014---Shiratsuyu's Anniversary: 9:57pm EST, 4/12/2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

@FireKiller87

I notice you've changed your status too.

Rep
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EchIII View Post
    @FireKiller87

I notice you've changed your status too.
    Oh, you bet I did. That son of a bitch is the reason I don't have a Teruzuki in my docks right now and my first waifu is effectively useless in event play. Fuck him and his sick, twisted mind.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)

The problem with DD tiers is easily solved by just having 2 options.

There is tier 1 for the 7 good ones and then there is the rest. As you pointed out time is an issue. So the small difference between ushio or yuugumo can be ignored and that time is better spend on a good ship.

It would make more sense to point out the strengths of each DD in tier 1.

In general I also think that players should aim for the best options in a class except if the ship isn't easily available or needs blueprints. However higher remodel levels aren't that much of a factor. Instead of wasting the time and resources on a ship that will be replaced anyway why not go for the better one right away. Players won't end up grinding forever because they'll have all the good ones already and can take it easy via PVP for the rest.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2214 Post(s)

@FireKiller87 justice for all ships! Buff the bad ones!

married suzuya on her birthday : 20/11/15
    married shoukaku : 12/1/16
    add me on battlenet for overwatch and stuff : Penguinmafia#2808

Kaigun Shousa (海軍少佐) mumei-chan's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@FireKiller87 Well, at least my Isuzu will always be helpful for 1-5 and expeditions...and she's cute :3

More than 50% of LSC ships obtained! :-D

What I want: Uzuki, Taigei, Nagato, hotel, sushi, Taihou, Biscuit, zombie girl, Akashi, yodo, Shoukaku, Shioi.

Rep
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

@nwrtz

Major revamp for the DD's has been done, basically cut out all the K1 crap and replaced it with a listing of day FP and NB power. Simpler is better.