Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Spring event will be starting on 2th May. Check here for more info.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Re: [Tool] OOI - Free-to-Use Kancolle Web Proxy

@Etrigan

Not entirely unexpected if you have not logged in from a Japanese IP for a while, since this represents an abrupt change in your activity pattern which sets off a (false) alarm. I don't think there will be any lasting consequences, as the server will get used to seeing you access the game from this IP address every now and then. As long as you don't switch between the two methods several times in a short time period everything should be fine.

I use this proxy at work and KCV with region cookies at home; on top of that I had been running three accounts (for testing), yet I have not been asked to reset my password for quite some time.

IGN
    S.Razelrink
    Server
    Paramushir Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

@Laforet thanks for your help!

so I just did a bit of testing, and I had an API link (taken from my browser and pasted into KCV) and was playing the game fine. I then read your post and decided to log in via a second KCV window
    to see what would happen. I should've mentioned that my previous catbombs were also before pressing game start and this time was no exception! I catbombed without doing anything, and my
    other previous-working KCV session had also catbombed me out. I'm not sure if this gives you more of an idea over the issue, but I'll try again tomorrow as you've suggested and let you know what
    happens! :')

thanks to Lycanous for the not-so-existent yet still great signature! I'll get it back one day..

Rep
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

It's like I'm back in the API days again, except without the API expiration shenanigan at all. This makes mobile Kantai once again a viable option. TeamViewer worked and all, but all that data. Yeesh. Wish I can give more than just rep to the OP, fantastic work!

Did want to report on something. I did a quick test run on the mobile phone earlier this afternoon after I closed my PC session first. Everything seemed normal on the mobile so I killed that session to get back to running KCV on PC. After a while a little window would pop up saying something about error on a page. I'm guessing it had something to do with Kancolle itself. Because after I quit KCV and try to start another session again while still on the PC, DMM asked me to reset my password. I'm guessing it was from when I ran it on mobile initially? Haven't run into any more error window so far after that initial password reset.

Tumbler TweetTweet

Granblu ID: 11019922

IGN
    S.Razelrink
    Server
    Paramushir Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

@DoraGrailMon I had the same issue upon my first time running the game through ooi, and I think it's most likely due to laforet's servers 'logging into the game' for you, through their proxy. this then flags your account as 'possibly accessed without authorisation' since it's as though someone had logged into your account from a totally foreign IP. due to this, dmm will often suspend most services and ask you to change your password in case of a hack attempt on your account.

I had this issue all the time in the early days of kancolle when everyone played the game from dmm.com through proxies! I remember almost needing to change my password everyday x___x so I'd assume this is the same case here, as ooi -is- still a proxy!
    @Laforet sorry for the late response, but https://github.com/KCV-Localisation/...s/tag/v3.8.1r9 is the version of KCV that I'm using currently! I tried clearing cache and playing through ooi worked, but after disconnecting (and clearing cookies but not cache), I run into the same problem whenever I log back into ooi. for now it seems like it only works when I clear local cache :'(

thanks to Lycanous for the not-so-existent yet still great signature! I'll get it back one day..

Shinmai Shosa (新米少佐) st0rmbreaK's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was wondering if you could (if possible) release a mobile version so that we can finally all play KanColle without the use of a PC named "KanColle Mobile" or something similar. I don't think it's possible to access the developer's console for Google Chrome on Android (I tried to no avail), so we straight up aren't allowed to due to region restrictions. I don't know if this is a lot of work as I don't have experience in being a programmer myself, so please excuse me for sounding too unreasonable or ignorant.

NAGAMON IS LOVE, NAGAMON IS LIFE!

IGN
    クロノマイスタ
    Server
    Tawi Tawi
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2339 Post(s)

Is there anyway to detect what kind of error if the login fails? Tried testing it out on my mobile device and I kept getting the "Incorrect username / password" and it took a while for me to figure it was dmm flagging a suspicious login and it was actually asking me to reset my password.

@st0rmbreaK Dont use Chrome for flash games on mobile. Or more like, most mobile webbrowsers dont like flash for multiple reasons (security, performance, stigma, etc). I tried using this on my Chrome and it went to "plugin not available" There are still a couple of things that can handle flash on mobile though. Personally I use Firefox + the Adobe Flash Player as it's relatively stable. Go find the post in the guide on how to play KC on Android in the guide section if you want some alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilya Bryzgalov
    it's only.. it's only game. Y U heff 2 B mad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herm Edwards

Rep
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

@chronomeister

The current version should be capable of detecting a password reset and give appropiate prompts. I will open an issue and look into it later today.
    @S.Razelrink

It looks like a problem specific to your set-up since nobody have reported similar issues so far. I assume it works normally for you via non-IE browsers as well?

Perhaps you can try one of the newer builds and see if this happens again. Like I said I have had this issue before and it just went away itself...

https://github.com/Yuubari/KanColleViewer/releases

- - - Updated - - -
    @st0rmbreaK

Like what @chronomeister said, Android Chrome no longer works with Flash player. You can still install it by downloading it from Adobe

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

Note that if you are on Android 4.4.x you need to install the old pre-ICS version first before installing the latest version on top of it.

After that it will work in Firefox or Dolphin browser, you may need to enable the plugin in the settings menu.

Keep in mind that even the "latest" version is more than 3 years out of date and likely to be full of security issues. I high recommend that you keep one dedicated browser with Flash enabled for Kancolle and do everything else in Chrome to mininise exposure.

Rep
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yeah I've noticed since the API thing, and having to use vpn more often that I was getting password reset requests more often. So I decided to spin up a personal vpn server on an linux machine inside of Japan... that has stopped the password resets... I would imagine that if this proxy was setup and a lot of people accessed it, it would be about the same.... just flagging for "maybe it got hacked.. ask to resest password"... looking at the possiblity to install on my own linux box over there... little curious why the prefretch needed.. but I guess I haven't dug into the code enough.

Have to check into this one.... right now playing by region cookie method.. but still almost every time it pops up the box saying "only these services are available in your area" even though closing that and signing in still results in successful connection. (I only use the VPN time to time now.. msotly while mobile, as I've found serious issues trying to play behind ATT's commerical NAT.... when I do network tracing I wind up seeing I have 4 or 5 different IP addresses at the same time.. which even makes vpn difficult as the tunnel fails time to time).

What I really wish is they would make kancolle more ....... resilient of minor network hiccups. Sometimes it seems like if 1 data packet is lost, it cat-bombs .. and its like it never retries anything.

Shinmai Shosa (新米少佐) st0rmbreaK's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Laforet I did try Dolphin myself and I was still subject to the region restriction. I haven't been able to find a method to bypass that yet.

NAGAMON IS LOVE, NAGAMON IS LIFE!

Rep
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

@todkapuz

Prefetching is necessary because for some reason the client refuses to acknowledge these files following a 301 redirect, so they will have to be served at the edge

It may be hard to believe but things are actually getting better. Since the last update the servers are sending plaintext traffic in gzip( the notorious 1MB+ api_start2 response is now merely ~160kb) which has really helped to reduce the incidence of catbombs. Although weird things still happens during sorties if the connection is patchy.
    @st0rmbreaK

Have you tried this?

https://hacks.mozilla.org/2012/08/re...x-for-android/

Also, it should be possible to write an plugin for mobile firefox for region cookie injection.