Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Re: [Tool] OOI - Free-to-Use Kancolle Web Proxy

@Laforet I guess my next question would be, if I have my own server, would I need to refetch the mainD2.swf again after a maintenance period? or will nginx be able to fetch it then?

Have to say the install instructions to spin one up on my own was very good. The only issue I ran into was trying to do:

git checkout translation

which didnt seem to work (couldn't find package? or something like that).... did not seem to cause any issues though, and now that I've played once via the proxy, "your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/translation'

I will say I am surprised by the speed. despite even the server not yet having a cache, it seems dmm <-> to my jpn server <-> me is significantly better than packets wandering straight.
    There is some slight delay as other have noted, but then the actual fetching is so much faster. I've not experienced any 'missing ships' like I do when usually starting from a blank cache. (Running from another computer that I had not played from).

Anyhow.... interesting all in all. Part of me still worries if there are any long-term issues... I'm not as familiar with how nginx and this script work compared to say a vpn... but seems like an interesting alternative to vpn.

Rep
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

@todkapuz

I'm happy to hear that you are getting good results. By the sound of it AT&T is not using the best route to the game servers, and your own server in japan does not seem to have the problem. Because these things may change every now and then it is worth the time to sign up for CloudFlare's free plan which comes with SSL if you don't already have your own certificate.

"git checkout translation" was needed because the correct version of files is not on the master branch. I have since changed the default branch of my repo to translation, so this step is probably redundant but still useful in case something causes git to revert to master.

Rep
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Okay, I had tried using ooi, it works great and i don't get catbombed anymore. But after 2nd log in, DMM ask me to change password (which you had said before).
    Currently trying hard to change it but it always failed.

I'll be too afraid to try ooi again after this experience.

----update----
    okay finally successfully change password..Due to a weird cat bombed with normal play attempt, i will keep watch this OOI future update as this is an amazing tools

Shinmai Shosa (新米少佐) st0rmbreaK's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Laforet OOH LA LA. I'll give this a try and get back to you :D

NAGAMON IS LOVE, NAGAMON IS LIFE!

Shinmai Shosa (新米少佐) st0rmbreaK's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Laforet I've done everything, but Mozilla on my phone is requesting a flash plugin, what do I do now?

NAGAMON IS LOVE, NAGAMON IS LIFE!

Rep
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

@st0rmbreaK Have you installed the flash player apk? If so enable it from Settings/Display/Plugins

IGN
    S.Razelrink
    Server
    Paramushir Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

@Laforet yes, I'm able to play the game with any browser fine, but previously I'd been manually taking API links from the site to load into KCV. with obtaining new API links everyday, everything is okay, but I just can't seem to get ooi to work for me q___q

I've just tried using older and newer versions of KCV, and no matter what, if I attempt to log into ooi for a second time after clearing cache, I'll always get a catbomb, and any previous API links would be invalidated. I guess I'll just continue manually grabbing API links until one day ooi magically works for me! :')

thanks to Lycanous for the not-so-existent yet still great signature! I'll get it back one day..

Unregistered

How exactly do you use this on KCV? I've tried putting the link but all I got is an error page...

Rep
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Try type ooi.la-foret.me in the address bar in KCV's settings tab and it should take you to the portal.

In the very unlikely case you are still on Windows XP, it won't work because Cloudflare.

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

@Laforet Also wanted to use this but having the same issue as the guy who posted this earlier

used the old and new versions of KCV and still nothing. Also tried just putting "Ooi,la-foret,me" only but wouldn't let me go to the site unless it has "https://" in the starting of it and I'm on windows 7