Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Fall event has started. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[Mod] Intelligent Naval Gun (originally HeavenlyWind)

Intelligent Naval Gun is a KanColle assistant tool.

Upcoming features
    • Quest progress
    • Panel docking
    • Plugins

Links

Download (Lastest version: 0.1.6 (Moonbria); February 8th, 2016)

Source Code Respository

Screenshots

いい風ã*。

IGN
    Mr_Retro
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3441 Post(s)

Re: [Mod] HeavenlyWind (TBD)

@Haneko Hey there! I'd say you've got a decent start by the looks of it. Might have to try this out later. KCV is currently my viewer of choice, but, if you nail the layout of this, I might be willing to switch, I think. The horizontal layout looks good, and if I can shift around panels and stuff... Ooh~, that'd be good.

I look forward to seeing how this shapes up!
    (Also, you have excellent taste in kanmusu! Amatsukaze is so great. )

Amatsukaze Getto! 6:08pm May 3, 2015 | Married Amatsukaze! ~10:27pm October 17, 2015 | MyAnimeList | DeviantArt
    Use Rainmeter? Try the KC Secretary Rainmeter Skin! | My Japan travel blog! (last updated June 24)

Rep
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)

Look good. But what is "trident-bundle.zip"? And i think this name is better: HeavenlyWind KCV

Wishlist: Yamato • Mikuma
    I always hate you, Ta-class! Since 05/10/2014

Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

May be I doing something wrong, but when I download archive with HeavenlyWind, extract them, and start HeavenlyWind.exe i get empty window. And I don't use this tool.
    I use Windows 10, KCV works good,
    and I attach the screenshot
    [+] Spoiler

Feel free to correct my errors in my English, it's not my native language
    02-15-2016 - Bismarck is crafted!

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Mr_Retro
    Thank you very much. I'll try my best to make a better layout system.
    (I'm agree that she is great )

@Akuser
    I think that a name with identity is better

@Akuser @Shtihl_FD
    I've something missed to say that the mod itself doesn't contains any code to load the browser which is loaded by external files. In other words, the browser is treated as a plugin. Without these files, you would get an empty window until the game data is pulled

Currently, "HeavenlyWind-x.y.z-trident-bundle.zip" is the mod with IE browser. (Trident is the name of its layout engine)

Well, I've planed to make it support other layout engines.

# EOF

いい風ã*。

Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

@Haneko Thanks for answer.
    I download HeavenlyWind-0.1.2-trident-bundle.zip and this archive works good, after that I have guessed that the case in the browser engine, those not include in first archive, those I've download.
    Your tool looks good, but for now I will continue KC3, maybe later I will use your tool, but not now.
    And respect for your development

Feel free to correct my errors in my English, it's not my native language
    02-15-2016 - Bismarck is crafted!

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Development Progress

This is the battle information on which I'm working in these days. I'm sorry that I've spent too much time.

BTW, I'm confused about the state label next to the health indicator. Its width is variable in English, which looks unsightly, unlike Japanese and Chinese that use just 2 Chinese characters to make a fixed-width label. Using abbreviation maybe better, but a bit difficult, I think.

I'm waiting for your opinions or expectations in many aspects.

# EOF

いい風ã*。

Rep
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)

@Haneko i suggested change the name cuz with it, your project will get more attract from Kancolle players and search engine too.

And GOOD JOB! I really love that "battle information" feature!

What is "health indicator", can you mark it?

Wishlist: Yamato • Mikuma
    I always hate you, Ta-class! Since 05/10/2014

IGN
    Goldfire
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Haneko It's looking pretty good thus far - I'd like to see a similar layout to yuyuvn's KCV, or at least options to move panels to where I want them.

I've been using yuyuvn's KCV for the longest time, but they abandoned the project due to personal issues. It still works, but I need to update the translation XML files myself and I'm not sure what I'll do when there's an actual problem that requires KCV to be patched. You can check out their fork here if you need some ideas: https://github.com/yuyuvn/KanColleViewer/releases

This is my current layout: https://i.gyazo.com/9e8f9ee7c9f34b57...f37b2da6a0.png

I was looking for a replacement KCV that is pretty much like yuyuvn's (without any changes to the horizontal layout), but wanted the fight predictor that's featured on KC3 (also shown how you have it in your latest screenshot with the enemy being shown as sunk even though the fight just started).

My main issue is that I use Windows Server 2008 R2 and I leave KCV running so I can RDP (Remote Desktop) to it and control it to keep expeditions going when I'm not home using my phone. When trying to run HeavenlyWind, I receive this error: https://i.gyazo.com/762d5e2192859735...67555126ab.png - I tried a compatibility mode, still didn't work. Are there any special software requirements? I have the same software installed on my 2008 R2 as my W7 computers (mostly things like the NET Framework and C++ Redist installs).

I don't have any issues on Windows 7 though, well, other than I couldn't find the English option.

I was also thinking about this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haneko View Post
    BTW, I'm confused about the state label next to the health indicator. Its width is variable in English, which looks unsightly, unlike Japanese and Chinese that use just 2 Chinese characters to make a fixed-width label. Using abbreviation maybe better, but a bit difficult, I think.
    I think abbreviation is the best bet. Maybe something like...

LGT DMG
    MOD DMG
    HVY DMG

Even then, they're all different lengths. Maybe just stick to colours similar to how KCV does it?

All in all though, good work, keep it up.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Akuser
    The "health indicator" is that HP bar. Sometimes I can't find suitable words to express what I mean, which maybe why I'm so confused about the official name, although I understand its importance.

@Goldfire
    Thanks, I still have many things to make it a good replacement.

About your issue, I have found the reason that the tool itself ignores a situation when there's no any installed audio device or all devices are disabled (which RDP did). Fortunately, it's fixed now.

At last, there's something hurry that make me release the new version which abbreviations are not used. But no matter, the next version will use them.

Development Progress

As the "battle information" feature is basically completed, the next part is to complete the "real-time quest progress". Well, I use a more special way than the other mods to implement this essential feature. I hope that I can complete it as soon as possible.

いい風ã*。