Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The next update will be on 29th Sept thread for more information and discussion.
      Visitor messaging is temporarily disabled.
Bookmark Thread
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1055 Post(s)

Motörhead frontman Lemmy Kilmister has passed away

From the band's Facebook:

There is no easy way to say this…our mighty, noble friend Lemmy passed away today after a short battle with an extremely aggressive cancer. He had learnt of the disease on December 26th, and was at home, sitting in front of his favorite video game from The Rainbow which had recently made it’s way down the street, with his family.
    We cannot begin to express our shock and sadness, there aren’t words.
    We will say more in the coming days, but for now, please…play Motörhead loud, play Hawkwind loud, play Lemmy’s music LOUD.
    Have a drink or few.
    Share stories.
    Celebrate the LIFE this lovely, wonderful man celebrated so vibrantly himself.
    HE WOULD WANT EXACTLY THAT.
    Ian ‘Lemmy’ Kilmister
    1945 -2015
    Born to lose, lived to win.
    Please feel free to post your condolences, well wishes and memories on our official tribute page:
    https://www.facebook.com/lemmykilmisterforlife
    Ozzy Osbourne tweet:

Just last month, Motörhead ex-drummer Phil Taylor also passed away.

Truly the end of an era... RIP Lemmy :(

Born to lose, lived to win

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

Kaigun Shosho (海軍少将)
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Motörhead frontman Lemmy Kilmister has passed away

Nooo, is this a joke? Another good one goes away... Well, I know what I'll be listening for the rest of the day.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1055 Post(s)

@hisketinfrom I wish it was friend, I wish it was. :(

It's really depressing to see all those talented people go as of late. Dio, Hanneman, now Lemmy... We almost lost Bruce Dickinson as well. It's pretty depressing to think that all the great musician that we are used to being able to see live will disappear sooner rather than later. It's kinda make you think how we take those things for granted, and how those days are slowly but surely going to disappear. :(

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

Rep
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

I've forgotten who else died who was legendary within the music industry before this. I think the last one I really really heard about was Lou Reed of The Velvet Underground kicking the bucket but no one else afterwards. RIPIP Lemmy, you made some enjoyable, influential music. ;_;

Christ though he was taking in a lot of unhealthy stuff before dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Soryuutown
    Episode synopsis: Soryuu steals a football from a group of small children, raves about conceptions of property and the Ego in an attempt to lull them into a state of constant egoism.