Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Fall event Maint will start on 17th Nov. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      New Forum "Azur Lane" has been added to User Suggested Forums
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2549 Post(s)

Post Tomzai's official military service shenanigans thread

As some of you may know, every male citizen of Finland has mandatory military service here.
    Now it just happens to be my time to enter service.
    My service will last half a year, i get out 16.6.

I will post pictures of things and tell about stuff & shenanigans that happens during my service.
    And if you would like to know or see something specific, leave a post in this thread and ask.
    Of course i won't be allowed/able to post something that would get me into trouble so use common sense when asking about stuff.

Also keep in mind i won't have access to computer so i won't be able to respond immediately(at least to post pictures, i may be able to post with phone) responding may even take over a week so be patient.
    I will post when i can and when there is something interesting to post

Regards~
    me

Picture dump (updated never):
    [+] Spoiler
    Soldiers handbook
    [+] Spoiler

Very interesting empty closet HD
    [+] Spoiler

Rifle what we got (picture from wikipedia)
    [+] Spoiler

Empty mag close
    [+] Spoiler

Some equipment including 3x mag, headset, field shovel, compass, gas mask (bigger pack) and weapon cleaning tools (smaller pack)
    [+] Spoiler

Edit: Apparently taking pictures is more or less forbidden so that really limits stuff, but ill try to sneak up some bits every now and then.

Last edited by Tomzai; 03-20-2016 at 05:45 PM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    4796 Post(s)

Re: Tomzai's official military service shenanigans thread

Finland has a military? I always thought Finland's defense force were all their heavy metal bands.

Ask me about "GCT Shelter"! It's just like an animal shelter, but for GCTers and with smaller cages. And more weirdos. Definitely more weirdos.

IGN
    Apox
    Server
    Saiki Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Good luck on your service! We also have that mandatory military service here but since I'm studying in a university I won't be doing it any time soon, and when my time comes it will possibly be short term since I would have graduated from university when I roll in.

Let me ask the first question then, which department are you rolling into? Armored Division, Mortar Division or something else?

Steam Profile | 3DS FC: 5172-0663-3415

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Man Compulsory military service, I think it's mostly in smaller nations, I'm so glad I don't have to do it. I would be dead within 2 weeks

The majority of my family work in some kind of armed forces; sounds like such tough physical work and I hear quite a bit of discrimination stories (especially to do with ranks).
    Good luck and stay safe is all I can say

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)

Good luck to you!
    A friend of mine in Finland started his service last year. I think he is done now.

Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2549 Post(s)

@Apox It's not really decided yet, but i will most probably roll to Military Logistics(?) as i graduated as a cook and they will usually put us to departments based on our profession/what we graduated as. Like nurses will be field medics and what not and so on.

IGN
    Apox
    Server
    Saiki Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

@Tomzai I see, well then I'll stay tuned to hear more about it!

Steam Profile | 3DS FC: 5172-0663-3415

IGN
    Tomppelisusi
    Server
    Sukumo
    Rep
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Pidä hauskaa
    Ps. It's conscript not recruit.

Rep
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

I'm curious about the food stuff you get. Any chance of photos?

Tumbler TweetTweet

Granblu ID: 11019922

Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2549 Post(s)

1st week.

This sure started well, when we went to get our stuff on first day i went with wrong group and had to wait around and carry huge sack of stuff around.
    We had to stand around for quite a while on -25 or lower several times, such fun. (temp. was everywhere from -40 to -20 the whole week)
    We wake up at 5 - 5.30 AM and go to sleep at 22-23 PM, we have barely any free time (at least on this week), some corporals are total assholes and everything is in such a rush. This is pretty awful so far.
    But at least food is good.
    We also got our rifles today, RK 62. Picture below, It's more or less like AK 47. but its better cuz its finnish

We didn't get to use them yet tough.

Also when we were getting off from barracks to get to home for weekend corporals didn't inform us that we had to inform the duty officer that we are leaving and when she asked who didn't do it yet and ordered us to do that, more or less 90% of whole barracks rushed in.
    It was pretty amusing.

Otherwise there wasn't really much else interesting happening.

@DoraGrailMon I actualy took a photo, or so i did think as i searched my photos it was nowhere to be found. Ill try to sneak up some pictures next week. It's more or less something that you would get from school cafeteria more or less however.