Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The Yura K2 patch maintenance has started and will end around 7pm JST. Check out the patch thread for more information and discussion.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)

Re: Tomzai's official military service shenanigans thread

I pulled some strings and good bye military service

Rep
    Mentioned
    4796 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzai View Post
    But at least food is good.
    This part is surprising. One of the things my father found the worst at the military was the food - specifically, he mentioned canned bread. He pretty much said it's the worst stuff that could be called edible.

GCT Shelter: https://discord.gg/hRYGuPz -
    A sad, hopefully temporary excuse for a GCT replacement.

Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2548 Post(s)

@Sinistral pls no bully.
    @Riepah Well times may have been different back then, but it's now 2016.

Rep
    Mentioned
    4796 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzai View Post
    @Riepah Well times may have been different back then, but it's now 2016.
    Of course.

By the way, if you're ever made to polish something and you polish it until it's squeaky clean, and then some superior tells you it's not clean enough and that you should polish again - feel free to just take a break when he isn't looking and show it to him again later. My father did that - and the second time, miraculously, it happened to be clean enough, even though he didn't touch it anymore after showing it for the first time.

GCT Shelter: https://discord.gg/hRYGuPz -
    A sad, hopefully temporary excuse for a GCT replacement.

Rep
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Do you need to learn parade drill?

Cause i remember back when i did cadets, they explained it as a teamwork and discipline exercise, but i was only half convinced.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I always wanted to join the military, but due to health reasons, I can't. My dad was in the Navy and served in the 1st Gulf War. I wish you the best of luck!

Server
    Brunei
    Rep
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

@Tomzai I'm curious how countries with required service do training compared with all volunteer service. How long is boot camp for you (do they call it that?) Boot here can tend to stuck, but that's designed to weed out people who aren't fit for duty. I don't know how that works when you don't have a choice. @Riepah I think you need to work on your brightwork, shipmate.

Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2548 Post(s)

@Serrulata We have done some marching but not like that, and i doubt that we will need to learn such things but you never know.

@Etrigan Half a year, 9 months, full year and none at all, depending how long you want to be in there and do you have any health issues (mental or physical) or if you just bullshit yourself out of there with shome excuse.
    On a first week they check your shit up and decide if you are fit for service or not, if not you will be sent home when first holiday starts. This is of course if you didn't already receive exemption on call-ups, if you got exemption already you don't even need to spend that one week.

IGN
    S.Razelrink
    Server
    Paramushir Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

@Tomzai my friend (an ex-himeuta staff member) completed his service somewhat recently, and he hated every single moment of it! he also says that he literally only eats the bread during mealtimes because "everything else is awful". but I feel as though he's somewhat of a picky eater so it's understandable if the food actually isn't that bad, haha

are you personally happy to serve? or would you rather not?

thanks to Lycanous for the not-so-existent yet still great signature! I'll get it back one day..

Rep
    Mentioned
    2214 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Riepah View Post
    Of course.

By the way, if you're ever made to polish something and you polish it until it's squeaky clean, and then some superior tells you it's not clean enough and that you should polish again - feel free to just take a break when he isn't looking and show it to him again later. My father did that - and the second time, miraculously, it happened to be clean enough, even though he didn't touch it anymore after showing it for the first time.
    so much this. i did cadets for 2 years, for the first year i ironed my uniform every night before going, polished my parade shoes and boots until they were like mirrors, every single night i got told it wasn't good enough, for the second year i did everything once a month (once every two months near the end) and got told the exact same things as in the first year, infact i got told even less as i had been there for a year and was more respected and trustworthy. Made no frigging sense at all.

married suzuya on her birthday : 20/11/15
    married shoukaku : 12/1/16
    add me on battlenet for overwatch and stuff : Penguinmafia#2808