Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    IGN
    Mr_Retro
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3441 Post(s)

KC Secretary Rainmeter Skin

Hey folks! I finally got around to messing a bit with Rainmeter (a nifty desktop customization tool you can find here), and my first project was to make a working copy of the secretary ship from in-game.

It should be just like having a secretary ship on your desktop. No more worrying about neglecting your waifu when you're training some other ship!
    Download kcSecretary here! Just want the empty version? Get it here! (Jan. 31, 2016 - v0.20)
    Installation You should be able to install the skin like any other Rainmeter skin--just unzip the file and place it in your Rainmeter Skins folder.
    If you're editing in your favorite kanmusu with the empty version, see my guide here (not finished)!

Features
    - Randomized poke lines (randomization might be a bit different from in-game, though)
    - Randomized idle lines (should trigger roughly twice every hour)
    - Introduction line (on PC wake-up)
    - Hourlies
    - *new* Disable hourlies and idles lines--just right-click the skin and select "Stop Dynamic Lines"

Possible Updates
    - Animations
    - Ways to cram in more lines

Current Ships

[+] Spoiler
    - Agano (Thanks to Marez!)
    - Amagi Kai (Thanks to Marez!)
    - Amatsukaze
    - Fusou K2 (Thanks to Marez!)
    - Hagikaze (Thanks to Forcyte!)
    - Haguro (Thanks to Kurryeis!)
    - Haruna K2 (Thanks to PenguinMafia!)
    - Jintsuu (Thanks to Kurryeis!)
    - Kashima (Thanks to Forcyte!)
    - Katsuragi Kai (Thanks to Marez!)
    - Kongou (Thanks to Kurryeis!)
    - Kumano (Thanks to Marez!)
    - Mutsu (Thanks to Marez!)
    - Mutslug (Thanks to Marez!)
    - Nagato (Thanks to PenguinMafia!)
    - Ryuuhou (Thanks to Closers!)
    - Ryuuhou Kai (Thanks to Closers!)
    - Ryuuhou New Years (Thanks to Closers!)
    - Shigure K2 (Thanks to PenguinMafia!)
    - Shoukaku (Thanks to PenguinMafia!)
    - Shoukaku K2 (Thanks to PenguinMafia!)
    - Suzuya (Thanks to PenguinMafia!)\
    - Tokitsukaze (Thanks to Forcyte!)
    - Verniy (Thanks to Kurryeis!)
    - Yamashiro K2 (Thanks to Marez!)
    - Yamato (Thanks to Kurryeis!)
    - Yuudachi K2 (Thanks to Forcyte!)
    - Zuihou (base art w/ kai voice, thanks to Marez!)

Abyssals:
    - Destroyer Hime (Thanks to PenguinMafia!)
    - PT Imps (Thanks? to PenguinMagia.)

I'm not sure if I'll go ahead and make versions of the other ships, but, if you'd like to know how to edit it for another ship, please ask! I'll be happy to help! And, of course, if you have any issues or find any bugs, please let me know, as well.
    I hope you guys like it!

Changelog
    [+] Spoiler
    1/14/16 v0.10 - initial release
    1/14/16 v0.11 - fixed an off-by-one issue with hourlies (I hope)
    1/15/16 v0.12 - hourlies bug was not squashed, now it should be. For realz.
    1/31/16 v0.20 - added "shipID" variable for ease of changing voice lines; added "Stop Dynamic Lines" option to context menu

Last edited by Mr_Retro; 03-09-2016 at 10:39 PM.

Amatsukaze Getto! 6:08pm May 3, 2015 | Married Amatsukaze! ~10:27pm October 17, 2015 | MyAnimeList | DeviantArt
    Use Rainmeter? Try the KC Secretary Rainmeter Skin! | My Japan travel blog! (last updated June 24)

Rep
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Re: KC Secretary Rainmeter Skin

I was actually thinking of this ages ago, nice idea for those that don't want to keep open Kancolle ^^
    If anything, this could get combined with live 2d and...gehehehehe

Current Goals:
    Maya K2 - 60/75
    Chikuma K2 - 50/70
    Kiso K2 - 50/65

IGN
    Mr_Retro
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3441 Post(s)

@KitsuneSama Live2D would be amazing! Unfortunately, Rainmeter doesn't seem to support animations very nicely (not even animated gifs ), though I was actually planning on looking into it. We'll see how it goes.

Amatsukaze Getto! 6:08pm May 3, 2015 | Married Amatsukaze! ~10:27pm October 17, 2015 | MyAnimeList | DeviantArt
    Use Rainmeter? Try the KC Secretary Rainmeter Skin! | My Japan travel blog! (last updated June 24)

Rep
    Mentioned
    4796 Post(s)

That's a rather nice idea.

But, #Kotatsukaze .
    Can you really look at her all day without feeling guilty about not diligently doing your weekly quests?

Ask me about "GCT Shelter"! It's just like an animal shelter, but for GCTers and with smaller cages. And more weirdos. Definitely more weirdos.

IGN
    Mr_Retro
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3441 Post(s)

@Riepah Um, yes? Why would I have to feel guilty for not doing my weeklies? If anything, this will help me procrastinate. I can have my waifu w/o being on KC where I might be tempted to be productive (not that I don't have KC almost perpetually open regardless).

Rep
    Mentioned
    2214 Post(s)

@Mr_Retro dont suppose i could get a decently in depth guide for putting in suzuya and her lines etc? I would be eternally greatful

married suzuya on her birthday : 20/11/15
    married shoukaku : 12/1/16
    add me on battlenet for overwatch and stuff : Penguinmafia#2808

Rep
    Mentioned
    2214 Post(s)

@Mr_Retro i figured out how to make a custom rainmeter skin based on yours, took about 20 minutes to do but here it is. I can write up a guide if people want it. Might not be the most efficient way of doing it but i got it made eventually and it works.

IGN
    Mr_Retro
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3441 Post(s)

@Penguinmafia Hey, great! I'm glad you were able to do it! Also, I'm really sorry I missed your post (I've been on all the time recently, I have no idea how I missed it), I hope it wasn't too difficult to figure out or anything.
    If by "not the most efficient" you mean you spent most of that time downloading individual voice lines and then converting them all, then, yeah, that's what I had to do originally. (^^;

About a guide, I'll probably go ahead and make one, soon. I also hope to make a small update soon, since I'd like an easy way to mute the skin. Idle lines like to run when I'm watching the animus. >_<

Rep
    Mentioned
    2214 Post(s)

@Mr_Retro yeah converting the lines individually was a real pain ;-; having a mute option isnt really needed tbh, you can just mute rainmeter through the volume mixer, i'll make a tutorial now if you want?

- - - Updated - - - @Mr_Retro
    so here is the tutorial, i guess you could copy it into the main post and i can delete this one when you do.

Step 1: download the amatsukaze secretary rainmeter skin

Step 2: unzip the folder and go into the @resources folder, delete the amatsukaze image and replace with any ship's image from the wiki. (make sure the image is in png format, the wiki images are already in that format, just be warned if using fanart)

step 3: download the: introduction line, idle line, all 4 secretary lines (3 normal and 1 marriage) and all of the hourlies (24 in total)

step 4: convert all of the sound files into WAV format, i used this website Convert audio to WAV

step 5: rename all of the audio files to the same ones as the amatsukaze one (so they will replace them when pasted into the folder) use this guide for renaming the audio files so they work correctly.

step 6: paste all of the newly renamed, WAV format audio files for the girl you want to use into the @resources Lines folder

step 7: activate the skin the same way as with any other rainmeter skin

Is that alright? or am i missing a step, i think that is everything.

i will probably uploads the suzuya skin at some point if anyone wants it, since the process of making it can be quite annoying.

IGN
    Mr_Retro
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3441 Post(s)

@Penguinmafia Ah, thank you very much! It looks good to me, but I'm making a few changes that will simplify this a little more. I just added a variable for the first part of the audio files (the "kc***v" part), so you will just have to edit that and won't have to worry about renaming the audio files. Oh, and you either need to make sure the image of the kanmusu is a .png named "Kanmusu", or you need to edit a line in the .ini file.

If you do upload your Suzuya skin, do you mind if I link it in the first post?

As for muting, I know I can just mute it in the audio mixer (I've been doing it), but I wanted a button 'cause I'm lazy. I thought of a better idea, though. What about an option to just disable the dynamic lines (idles and hourlies)?