Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The 18th Oct Maint has ended. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      Visitor messaging is temporarily disabled.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Newly Registered imported_Ru____'s Avatar
    IGN
    miwamina
    Server
    Hittokappu Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Angry GoGames Ripsoff Kantai Collection

Okay, first of all I'm not advertising this game and I do not recommend anyone to play this ripoff game.

After I opened my Laptop, I saw this on my newsfeed.

Credits to the real owner of the screenshot.

Basically, they ripped off the Kantai Collection game, I went to their website and it was quite
    annoying to see GoGames steal every bit of resources KanColle have. Even the title itself wasn't spared!
    Same ships and voices, the only notable difference was the ui and the language. Their defense is that the game
    was in Alpha Stage and the content might change after the official release.

Their forum is a total cancer, I went on their forum and saw a lot of kid's thread, full of ignorant members who
    doesn't really care about the original game because they already got their so called "ultra rare cards" (lol, who the hell calls a ship an ultra rare card?) in the few minutes
    of their game.

How about your opinion guys? Is it okay to leave it as it is?

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/THsjMBx.png[/SIGPIC]

IGN
    Whatever I am Called
    Server
    Saltiest Server Ever
    Rep
    Mentioned
    723 Post(s)

GoGames Ripsoff Kantai Collection

@Ru___ my response to this cancer, please sue them

I mean, look at this, it's an outright show that they copied the game. They claim it's 'based on' but us actual players know it's an outright rip off. Unless it was licensed it should get taken down...

- MAL (Very unupdated!) - Married to Abukuma (19/10/2016) -

In lieu of GCT being Shutdown, please evacuate to the shelter please. Thank you for your cooperation.
    Link here

Server
    Hashira Island Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1943 Post(s)

Re: GoGames Ripsoff Kantai Collection

Hope they sue them.

Is Looking For: Hayasui.
    And more wine for Pola.
    Married Pola 8/20/2016, LSC Graduation: 8/21/2016

IGN
    クロノマイスタ
    Server
    Tawi Tawi
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2341 Post(s)

Yeah, seen this 2~3 days ago but really didnt want to bring any more attention to it than it deserves. Pretty much "If you see this, avoid it please". The only legitimate reason I can see to play it is to waste their resources and bankrupt the game faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilya Bryzgalov
    it's only.. it's only game. Y U heff 2 B mad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herm Edwards

IGN
    Whatever I am Called
    Server
    Saltiest Server Ever
    Rep
    Mentioned
    723 Post(s)

I just realized a bizarre joke. The producers of Kancolle (anime) stated they created it based on the game, yet GoGames decided to make another game from it...how stupid can they get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In lieu of GCT being Shutdown, please evacuate to the shelter please. Thank you for your cooperation.
    Link here

Captain
    Rep
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)

Hmm. To be honest, I'm... not entirely sure if it is a good idea to jump to conclusions.

I mean, is there any counter claim that GoGames actually talked with Kadokawa and have picked up the license to host the game?

I am not saying that I defend GoGames. However, I am the possibility that a licensing deal is done or still in progress.

Believe me when I say this, at least: I acted the same way a few years ago when another game I was playing was "ripped off". As in, every single aspect of that other game was copied. The devs, apparently, actually made some sort of... hmm... cousin-like relationship. Essentially, two different companies running the same game, though considered "different" simply because it is run by two different companies. Is there a possibility that a similar situation is not happening here? I mean, if they didn't actually agree on a licensing deal or something, yeah... that's going to be really bad.

Mostly off topic, but Nutaku was asked about bringing Kancolle over to the West. Last I heard, they're still working on it, so... yeah.

IGN
    Whatever I am Called
    Server
    Saltiest Server Ever
    Rep
    Mentioned
    723 Post(s)

GoGames Ripsoff Kantai Collection

@Fazel I agree with that point, however I'm inclined to believe it wasn't licensed since it wasn't stated in the description (refer to my picture above) and rather was "based of the widely popular Kantai Collection anime". This leads me to believe that they didn't make a deal with KDKW and just decided to make a game of their own accord, which shouldn't be the case, and therefore the game should be taken down.

Link here

Captain
    Rep
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)

@YourAveragePlayer Fair enough. At the very least, I wanted to point out this possibility.

I looked into where GoGames operates, since that .me extension is interesting.

Hong Kong.

IGN
    Laisy
    Server
    Hitokappu
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3744 Post(s)

"based on Kantai Collection anime"
    Do I need to say anything more about it. And besides they have ships that aren't in the official Kancolle game.

Nothing much happening right now, isn't it?

Laisy's Journey of Drawing

IGN
    Whatever I am Called
    Server
    Saltiest Server Ever
    Rep
    Mentioned
    723 Post(s)

/r/Kancolle is salting about it. Time to bring the salt to Himeuta!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link here