Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The April 5th patch has ended. Check here for more info.
Bookmark Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    IGN
    illyrin
    Server
    Sukumo Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    901 Post(s)
    It's inevitable these fly-by-night operations are going to appear for something as well-known as KanColle.

China tends to be highlighted as a source for this kind of thing as the current political/economic situation there lends itself it all kinds of shoddy, fly-by-night, ripoff stuff (of inevitably indifferent quality) to the point where most of the Chinese I know are ashamed of it.

But to put things in contrast, China is by no means alone. If you're curious, google "Kobe beef" and you'll realize America is responsible for a lot of this really dodgy abuse of tradenames and so on as well. Despite all the screaming Americans do about people "stealing" things, the United States doesn't actually recognize foreign tradenames as legally binding. So of course we have "Kobe beef" as well...

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyNue View Post
    So currently, I'm just observing the drama from afar and all I can say is /YIKES/
    The drama is more fun than the game itself.

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Now I realize I may be beating a dead horse by replying to this old thread, but I figured I might as well share that this English version of the game is currently in its Beta phase, no longer alpha, with open beta starting on the 9th, and can I just say, I am happy about this. Now you may call it a ripoff, however, with so many things in it nearly identical to DMM's Kancolle, even down to construction recipes, it is much more appealing to me to use than attempting to bypass DMM's restrictions using 3rd party extensions, VPNs, and the like. Also, to address earlier things seen in this thread, if DMM was going to strike it down, they'd have done so months ago, so it's gonna stay!

0 out of 5 members found this post helpful.

Rep
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by guydude64 View Post
    it is much more appealing to me to use than attempting to bypass DMM's restrictions using 3rd party extensions, VPNs, and the like.
    .....seriously?? I mean.....SERIOUSLY??!! Kids these days.....
    At first I was gonna ignore this till I see that 1 sentence......yo dude do you even read on how to play guide on kancolle wiki??

And surely you are free to choose which version you wanna play, no one is forcing you to play jp kancolle for crying out loud....its just many are LOL and pissed on the fact that there's blatant ripoff game running.

Ohhh I sure hope they officially launch it soon, it'll be fun to see how will it fares.
    For those who want to see its latest news here : http://kancolle.gogames.me/article/aid/552

In the meanwhile lemme back to give some tender loving to Yamakaze and Asakaze~

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    Last edited by D Des; 12-07-2016 at 07:48 AM.
    http://www.himeuta.net/signaturepics/sigpic13355_2.gif

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D Des View Post
    .....seriously?? I mean.....SERIOUSLY??!! Kids these days.....
    At first I was gonna ignore this till I see that 1 sentence......yo dude do you even read on how to play guide on kancolle wiki??

And surely you are free to choose which version you wanna play, no one is forcing you to play jp kancolle for crying out loud....its just many are LOL and pissed on the fact that there's blatant ripoff game running.

Ohhh I sure hope they officially launch it soon, it'll be fun to see how will it fares.
    For those who want to see its latest news here : http://kancolle.gogames.me/article/aid/552

In the meanwhile lemme back to give some tender loving to Yamakaze and Asakaze~
    I have in fact read the guide on how to play, and although I've tried several different methods, on two separate computers, even if I get past DMM's restrictions on who can play, I end up getting an error on the game screen that pops up maybe ten seconds after the game starts, therefore, Gogames will be my only viable option to enjoy Kancolle aside from the anime.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    787 Post(s)
    @guydude64 I'm just amused that you think you are actually getting "Kancolle" out of this, even a watered-down version. If DMM hasn't struck it down, it's because its small fry, low visibility and low replay-ability, and not worth going after. By the looks of it so far, that's what it is.

I can't say it's smart to play this if you really want to enjoy the franchise. If it sucks, it sucks. If it doesn't suck, it'll be gone soon enough. And worse still, their gameplay favors instant gratification.

On the other hand, you can seek help in this very forum, or at other popular sites on getting the real game to work. Nowadays, the experience is quite good even for those put off by the language, logging in, etc, with helpers like KCV or KC3 even language isn't an issue.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Nerfx
    Server
    Kanoya Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5540 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D Des View Post
    This is hilarious haha.

http://himeuta.org/signaturepics/sigpic8148_43.gif

Nerfx desu
    NO GA FURUERU
    Nagato(145), Bismarck (143) Musashi (145) Yamato (129) Iowa (120)

Rep
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Some game screenie credits to the guy who actually bother to try game out to see how it looks.

Uhhmmm....what can I say?? Incoming kancolle Ikazuchi.....

Last edited by D Des; 12-07-2016 at 03:15 PM.
    http://www.himeuta.net/signaturepics/sigpic13355_2.gif

Newly Registered imported_Ru____'s Avatar
    IGN
    miwamina
    Server
    Hittokappu Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    w-wait this thread still going? lmao
    This issue about gogames is long buried and now we get to have this guy advertising for the gogames...

Quote Originally Posted by guydude64 View Post
    I have in fact read the guide on how to play, and although I've tried several different methods, on two separate computers, even if I get past DMM's restrictions on who can play, I end up getting an error on the game screen that pops up maybe ten seconds after the game starts, therefore, Gogames will be my only viable option to enjoy Kancolle aside from the anime.

letting go of what I said earlier, the fact that you said your side and experience about kancolle, I don't really mind you playing the copy.
    what I hate is the fact that gogames did a ripoff plus I can't stand their tiny cancerous forum full of weeabos.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/THsjMBx.png[/SIGPIC]