Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Re: GoGames Ripsoff Kantai Collection

So... my real worry about is about a possible backlash for us non-japanese players from the real KC, when that ripoff gets shutdown, are we gonna get like API or cookie restrictions/modifications for foreigners or something like that? you know, as punishment?

IGN
    Laisy
    Server
    Hitokappu
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3705 Post(s)

@Kranesh Why would they? We are part of their income source.

Nothing much happening right now, isn't it?

Laisy's Journey of Drawing

IGN
    Whatever I am Called
    Server
    Saltiest Server Ever
    Rep
    Mentioned
    719 Post(s)

@Kranesh I highly doubt anything would happen to us, the consumers. Since this is made by another one of those screwed up China companies that relate Bleach with a Hokage, it shouldn't affect us, unless KDKW becomes evil and tries to take over the world of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- MAL (Very unupdated!) - Married to Abukuma (19/10/2016) -

In lieu of GCT being Shutdown, please evacuate to the shelter please. Thank you for your cooperation.
    Link here

IGN
    ことなの
    Server
    Iwagawa Breakfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    7706 Post(s)

I lasted two pages on one of the forum threads for it before I wanted to brain bleach my head. From people saying it was "better" than the japanese version because it was in english and that people complaining it was a copy was jealous that it was going to be more popular along with the constant hashtag no-space sentence conversations.

Fire isn't enough to purge it.

IGN
    Whatever I am Called
    Server
    Saltiest Server Ever
    Rep
    Mentioned
    719 Post(s)

@KotoNano that's what happens when you enter a forum full of 8-10 year old kids that don't know what anime is, and are addicted to using the word 'weeaboo'

In lieu of GCT being Shutdown, please evacuate to the shelter please. Thank you for your cooperation.
    Link here

Newly Registered imported_Ru____'s Avatar
    IGN
    miwamina
    Server
    Hittokappu Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

They're quite happy with their fake game, I saw one of their starters is Hamakaze.

Quote Originally Posted by YourAveragePlayer View Post
    @Kranesh this is made by another one of those screwed up China companies that relate Bleach with a Hokage

it all makes sense now...

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/THsjMBx.png[/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    1521 Post(s)

I think the best thing about this is that it thinks Choukai is pronounced "Toriumi". Completing an old-time joke of Himeuta.

Other than that. Please be mindful of making blanket statements about entire countries or races. Lately we are having quite a bit of a problem with this here on the forum since the new gun was added in KC. Just a fair warning before this turns into another full on race war thread. If it were to happen I will not hesitate to use the banhammer.

Thank you.

IGN
    Whatever I am Called
    Server
    Saltiest Server Ever
    Rep
    Mentioned
    719 Post(s)

@Kalinsre Sorry if I did not clarify myself. I was referring to the companies in China that make fake copies of games that ignore copyright rules. Pardon my rudeness if I had said anything misunderstandable, I've seen a lot of those fake companies on my visits to China after all

Link here

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    752 Post(s)

If this isn't licensed in one way or another, it's a lawsuit waiting to happen. I mean, they call it KanColle for starters. They're not even trying to make it look like it's not a complete rip-off if they don't have some sort of license. O.o.

@Fazel: "Mostly off topic, but Nutaku was asked about bringing Kancolle over to the West. Last I heard, they're still working on it, so... yeah"

Interesting. Nutaku has an English version of Kanpani Girls so them creating an English version of KanColle would make sense. I wonder how that works - is it just a GUI and you still participate in events normally and stuff?

Unregistered

This will generate no backlash against foreign players and should be regarded only as what it is, i.e. bloody hilarious.

My only disappointment is that the translation is somewhat decent. They should've run it through Google for maximum effect.