Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IGN
    S.Razelrink
    Server
    Paramushir Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    [+] Spoiler

my third day, tree of savior: quarrel shooter! she forgot her footwear and has a bonus 0 evasion. I need to stop starting so late urghhhh

thanks to Lycanous for the not-so-existent yet still great signature! I'll get it back one day..

IGN
    S.Razelrink
    Server
    Paramushir Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    [+] Spoiler

awoo. stupid memes making me feel like spending two three days drawing a character associated with it.

this is momiji inubashiri: a touhou character that I'd probably never heard of (but probably had seen previously) who is known to be the local resident awoo-er. drawing eyes in this way is really fun though; I think I can really get into it......

thanks to Lycanous for the not-so-existent yet still great signature! I'll get it back one day..

IGN
    S.Razelrink
    Server
    Paramushir Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    [+] Spoiler

so instead of levelling ships to not the level they need but the level they deserve, I've been drawing my favourite overwatch hero(ine) this whole time!

IGN
    S.Razelrink
    Server
    Paramushir Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I kiiind of got back into drawing traditional after a year, and am quite surprised-yet-not-surprised about the improvements after spending the past year solely drawing digital art!

.. okay I'll admit that I didn't really shade the bricks well, but tooo beee faaair, I never planned to draw a background..! alsoididn'thaveaneraser

IGN
    Lempika
    Server
    Saiki Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Nice! I should get back to traditional art once in a while too, I've gotten too used to being able to ctrl + z every mistake.

The one thing I noticed before everything else was how bent forward her front leg is at the knee. I find that you can get away with that type of thing if you're playing with camera angles and dynamics, but for a straight side shot, it does end up looking a bit painful.

HQ 107 | SENDAI 155 | RESTOCKING | KAI NI LIST | PIXIV | TWITTER | STEAM | ART THREAD

dranzerstar: I cant even find panties on lem twitter | dranzerstar: im internetly upset

IGN
    S.Razelrink
    Server
    Paramushir Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    @Lempika thanks thanks! and I know right! I thought I was just building bad habits by ctrl+zzzzzz ing everything, but I feel like my traditional drawings have improved a lot since I started drawing solely digital for the past year!

as for bending around the knee, now that you mention it.. it kind of does stick out, doesn't it? q___q despite that, I still.. like it? I think maybe I'm just inclined to overemphasise certain things, and the angle between the knee and shin seems to be one of them! do you still think I should ease it up a bit?

IGN
    Lempika
    Server
    Saiki Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    @S.Razelrink I guess it'll depend on how realistic you want to approach it, obviously it's not really possible bending your knees that far forward irl. Anatomic inconsistencies stick out a lot easier with straight shots like that (i.e side view, front view) which is why I said doing a more dynamic shot, whether it be camera angle or the pose, lets you get away with doing more overemphasized/unrealistic anatomy.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    HQ 107 | SENDAI 155 | RESTOCKING | KAI NI LIST | PIXIV | TWITTER | STEAM | ART THREAD

dranzerstar: I cant even find panties on lem twitter | dranzerstar: im internetly upset

IGN
    S.Razelrink
    Server
    Paramushir Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

ahhhhhh I drew a fanart of a fanart scharnhorst! the character was designed by someone else, but I liked it enough to draw it myself :')
    @Lempika I finally got around to practising skin tones, but I started off with doing a greyscale cel-shade before turning it into a soft shade, then using multiply/luminescence layers to colourise and lighten the thing up!

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.