Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirpitz chan View Post
    (This one, of course, makes it even more frustrating since from a western point of view, censoring the ship names is ridiculous- We in germany ban the swastika and imprison people who say jews are bad people, but we don't claim the third reich was ruled by Arnold Hatler)
    Let me get this straight... you complain about videogame censorship and take Germany as a good example out of all the possible option... really?

[+] Spoiler

Wirklich??

"Von Kampf zu Kampf, mit Mut und Stolz."

Rep
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    hahaha that's pretty neat censorship though, All the terrorists are robots. "Sorry buddy, you can't kill yourself to get your virgins, we got robot cars to do that now!"

Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laoweek View Post
    Some people really like to comment about communism regardless what are they commenting on.
    Or maybe someone is just getting so damn touchy over communism they read "communism fanatics" as "communists". Coincidentally I happened to be sick of people who doesn't read properly too.

Tieba forums, where anyone below Lv.10 is a noob, and anyone higher level than you has no life.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It posed a bit of inconvenience, but there's no helping it.
    (I guess the previous thread was deleted because it was too alarmist on my part)

Rep
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm playing 2.2.1 version and I haven't updated yet. Works fine, so I'm not going to update if they don't add something. I don't know what are people complaining about.

Also they say that they only censored the names in China, so there's no problem in the rest of the world.

http://i.imgur.com/aBKMylI.png

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsuneshoujo View Post
    I like the way Panzer Waltz did the names, they gave the characters actually names like Dorothy and Matilda, so much better than Rodney and Prinz Eugen - which don't make sense for females (yes, I know they are the names of the ships).

Granted, Japanese ship names mostly sound like girls names or actually are girls names.
    Panzer Waltz's handling of the enemies though turn me off quite a bit.

I wonder if future Chinese titles will just refer to Japanese ships by their Romaji name as P7's illegal version of Warship Girls is doing right now. (How is it that they chose to bungle the spelling up so badly is beyond me)

Rep
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
    Panzer Waltz's handling of the enemies though turn me off quite a bit.

I wonder if future Chinese titles will just refer to Japanese ships by their Romaji name as P7's illegal version of Warship Girls is doing right now. (How is it that they chose to bungle the spelling up so badly is beyond me)
    names most likely change back to normal after the law suit?
    i mean by adding a "exciting" empty folder in your phone, you can revert the names back to normal in china, and outside of china you're just completely unaffected,and this isnt even a mandatory update.........

i see this as .........
    MF: "
    oh ok someone reported us, so lets change our IJN names.
    but oops theres a bug where if you craete an empty folder named exciting in your phone, then names will change back
    'its a bug, not our problem'
    oh and oops we forgot to make it mandatory, you can still play using old client, but our 'official' version is censored >.o
    ooooooh and oops yet again we forgot to censor foreign IPs
    but i mean we did our best to follow government requirements~~"

Last edited by jason199506; 02-20-2016 at 08:15 AM.
    夕颜婊子汝母何不效仿徐婊田中之母呢

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jason199506 View Post
    i mean by adding a "exciting" empty folder in your phone, you can revert the names back to normal in china, and outside of china you're just completely unaffected,and this isnt even a mandatory update.........

i see this as .........
    but oops theres a bug where if you craete an empty folder named exciting in your phone, then names will change back
    oh and oops we forgot to make it mandatory, you can still play using old client, but our 'official' version is censored >.o
    上有政策, 下有對策. Apparently the bane to the party secretariat (officially)

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jason199506 View Post

i see this as .........
    Going forward, I actually hope MF would create a special file such as "exciting" through the normal installation, overriding IJN names with animals whatnot, but when players delete it "accidentally", the names revert back. This way they can more convincingly claim plausible deniability.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dene323 View Post
    Going forward, I actually hope MF would create a special file such as "exciting" through the normal installation, overriding IJN names with animals whatnot, but when players delete it "accidentally", the names revert back. This way they can more convincingly claim plausible deniability.
    i think they don't do that because there are some dumb users may make that a truly accident such delete important files or else.