Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The Yura K2 patch maintenance has started and will end around 7pm JST. Check out the patch thread for more information and discussion.
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4523 Post(s)
    @illyrin I've already read Re:Zero's manga till the 2nd act. I just wanted to know how the animation is. Also it goes pretty... Gakkou Gurashi dark later.

Did you know the VA who plays Satella played Megumin?

IGN
    illyrin
    Server
    Sukumo Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    903 Post(s)
    @Leyana I avoid watching anime of manga series I liked. It's not that I bitch when the story changes. It just bores me to see stuff I already know.

The animation isn't bad. It's not like UFOtable. It's not quite as cheap as KonoSuba's but it's closer to Konosuba's than anything really expensive. I'm enjoying it so far.

(And even konosuba's cheap animation isn't as bad as like Dragonball or Phantasy Star II)

Last edited by illyrin; 04-08-2016 at 02:39 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    4523 Post(s)
    @illyrin I just like to see how stuff gets animated and how the voices sound. It's a different experience seeing things animated.

IGN
    illyrin
    Server
    Sukumo Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    903 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
    I am willing to bet that Boku no Hero Academia and Koutetsujou no Kabaneri will be the most popular this season.
    I'll take your word on Boku no Hero Academia (I have about as much interest in it as One Punch Man - zero) but 100% agree with you on Shigeki no Kabaneri Attack on Koutetsujou Koutestujou no Kabaneri.

Rep
    Mentioned
    4523 Post(s)
    @illyrin Boku no Hero is one of the better shounen titles in a while.

Captain
    Rep
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Hatsuharu, what are you doing in Onigiri?

(It's the hair)

Rep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Kabaneri looks great. It has a terrific staff behind.

Hundred, (Having cute girls?)

Flying Witch, I love the main girl since the first time i saw the trailer. I hope she has a good personality

Kuromokuro (Mechas)

Rep
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I just watched Haifuri.

It's the ungodly child of Girls und Panzer and Kancolle.

Which actually makes it pretty awesome.

Random thoughts:
    - The vice-captain is on par with Yamashiro.
    - Is the Harekaze a Kagerou-class? Since the mentioned high-pressure engines I thought Shimakaze-class, but it has quad torpedo rather than quint torpedo launchers... What about the Sarushima? No much idea about post WWII ships...

IGN
    illyrin
    Server
    Sukumo Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    903 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Evans View Post
    Hundred, (Having cute girls?)
    You can never be sure what lies at the core of a Tootsie Roll once you take the wrapper off...

- - - Updated - - -
    @Hellfire After watching Kizunaiver, there's a good chance that it'll be really big in weeb (overseas otaku, particularly Americans) circles. It has that "mindf*ck" factor that weebs absolutely go wild for. It's kinda "trying too hard" for my tastes.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    996 Post(s)
    Got through watching some of the new shows:

Top of my list so far

- Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu: This surprised me because the die=reset gimmick seemed, well, kind of gimmicky. Test drove the manga and was better than I expected. Two episode intro helped though first one was a bit too slow IMO. Still, this ain't your fluffy fantasy romp. Definitely more grim-dark, bloody than I expected and supposed to be quite grim-dark from comments I've read. Having Megumin's VA is a plus. Interesting show IMO, and 2-cour length should help with pacing while still getting through quite a bit of source material.

- Koutetsujou no Kabaneri: AOT (or SnK) derivative for sure, but different enough. Good action packed first episode with quick, but not too fast pacing to match the content. Looks good visually as well (some yen spent here). This also has a more seinen vibe to me than AOT which I think is a plus. There was IMO one big WTF moment (e.g. due just hangs himself to cure zombie virus). Also may fall to inconsistencies like AOT did (premise is you have to pierce the "heart inside the iron cage", but super martial arts little girl just one-shots decapitates a zombie for the kill). So not flawless and some stuff need explained/in-universe rules applied consistently, but a solid, entertaining effort IMO.

The Rest

- Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season: Nothing great, but good enough to stick with it as a way to fill my ecchi harem romp fix. I do like Saya - she's fun (and I'm not really into loli's though lately there have been some good ones (e.g. Megumin). Already in on this one = plan to stick with it entire season.

- Kumamiko: Uh, was not expecting a... bear "mating" myth and sex jokes. O.o Apart from that, OK though comedy is pretty heavily dependent upon Japanese word-play and current culture trends which doesn't translate well if you're not in on the joke. Still had a couple amusing moments. 3 Ep. Rule

- Seisen Cerberus: Kind of a mess if you ask me. Reminded me of Chaos Dragon a bit in how a bunch of stuff is thrown out/happens. Hard to get a read on the overall tone here. Some wacky comedy with cute street urchins, and then one is scheduled for execution (on top of the grim-dark opening). So... IDK here. Giving it another shot.

- Hundred: "IS (Infinite Stratos) Season One Hundred" or "One Hundred Cliches/Tropes Anime" - take your pick. Incredibly by the How to Write a Magic (eh, close enough) + HS + Harem LN/manga instruction manual. Test drove the manga as well and the cliches/tropes just keep on comin'. Not much, if anything, here IMO. Probably not even that ecchi. Very borderline/probable drop, but giving it another episode.

- Joker Game: Not sure about this one. Did a great job with depicting the 1930s era. IJA officer felt out of place - just there as an exposition tool. Saw a trailer for the live action movie which seems to be a lot more action (+ sex scene) whereas this I'm guessing is much more "cloak" than "dagger". Big question for me is whether there's going to be any tension/struggle, or if it's Japanese super spies make fools of stupid, inept gaijins (essentially the spy version of super hax/op characters one shotting battles). Hopefully not because this could be an interesting watch if there's some balance/challenge. 3 Ep. Rule

- Flying Witch: LOL, I'm not sure why, but I kind of liked this. Relaxing watch for sure (some would say boring). It's very SOL, wasn't all that funny. Characters are not dynamic either (though I thought imouto was quite cute). Then again, not having characters with exaggerated traits and screaming all the time is kind of refreshing. So no real "objective" reason, and it's not great, but still enough of something here for me to keep going. 3 Ep. Rule.

- Sousei no Onmyouji: This wasn't bad and the FL was pretty good (ML kind of annoys me), but not sure if this is my "cup of tea". I can see why others might like this though and supposedly there's a decent "romance" (for 14 year olds) for those who like/want that. Giving it one more episode.

- Hai-Furi: Meh. Obvious attempt to cash in on GuP & KanColle popularity. I didn't expect much, but was still underwhelmed. They did a decent job with the WWII era ships (which had oddly modern radar though) I guess. LOL, poor Admr. Yamamoto has been reduced to a cat mascot. Didn't really like FL. I'll take KanColle anime Fubuki over this girl. Yes, I said it. Rather have her friend (capt. of Musashi) as well as the main lead. Characters were check the box personality trope types without much real personality. Maybe the "all business/serious" deputy-captain is OK. Visual quality was average at best, and execution oddly sub-par at times. I mean, you have two random artillery shells flying at you out of nowhere, then we put the "battle" on hold for 2 minute fluffy break about nicknames. Huh?

Not a strong start at all, but a sucker for WWII related stuff so in for now with expectations lowered. 3 Ep. Rule.

Last edited by goesto11; 04-11-2016 at 01:32 AM.
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.