Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Bot detection cat errors/201 cat

FUCK. YOU. TANAKA.

My cat errors resolved itself, but feel free to keep contributing to the discussion.

If anyone else also runs into this problem, please post here with as much information as possible so we may help narrow down what's triggering this detection. For information please tell us your:

1. Server: Buin? Rabul? etc
    2. Which country you are located in
    3. When you started receiving your cats
    4. If this has happened before
    5. How you connect to the game. Be it directly via browser, KC3Kai, KCV, POI, Electronic Observer, etc
    6. Playing on a PC or something else
    7. Whether or not you are a ranking admiral or are making very active attemtps to rank
    8. Any use of 3rd party program like CE, macro
    9. F5/refresh a lot at specific spots? How many refreshes have you done for that day or the day prior? What's the duration and did you make any changes to the fleet in the mean time? I just want to know if you just AFK at that same spot or actually switch around a lot as an active player.
    10. Usual gaming habits. How often did you grind and where.
    11. How long do you tend to play KC? 2-3 hours a day? All day even while at work?
    12. Notice any unusual activity before cats started raining, such as slower connection/lag/frequent DC
    13. What was your activity when it first started raining cats
    14. How often are you receiving the cat errors
    15. If your game has recovered, when did it recover and what have you done before it returned to normal
    16. If you were banned or have been banned for this error

Q: What is this bot detection cat error thing?
    A: Developers' answer to cracking down on players that use illegal means to play the game, but the mechanics itself is sensitive enough that it can pick up whoever just happens to grind a lot or fits some sort of pattern that the developers are looking for. Essentially, it's an overly delicate and sensitive stupid thing that basically makes it near impossible to play the game properly. Randomly set to go off with no warning whatsoever with a very short timer; timer that can range from 2-5 minutes depending on its mood. While the timers may be generous at times, since you don't know when that's going to happen you can just be wasting time and morale waiting for the magic moment.

Q: How long has this been around?
    A: As early as 2014? Though the recent upgrade sometime around January and possibly before has gotten a few people stuck with this cats for at least a good few days. Depending on their luck. Timer was also not this short...

Q: How is this triggered?
    A. Generally it kind of looks like this:
    1. Botting/Macro/Cheat Engine/some other 3rd party program (duh)
    2. Grind so much that the system thinks you are a filthy a robot because no sane player could possibly play a browser game so damn much. Basically you may be in trouble if you play for 24 hours straight. (please don't do this by the way no matter what reason it may be)
    3. Somehow you pattern is very similar to that of a bot. Or maybe the game is just trying to discourage you from playing so much. Who knows.
    4. Crappy connection?
    5. Refresh too damn much?
    6. Other triggers currently unknown

Q: How long does this last?

A: Varies by individual cases. Some has gotten out of it in as little as a day, usually it's 3-7 days in most cases. While this isn't confirmed, but there had been a case of at least half a month?

Q: Who does this affect?

A: It doesn't matter if you rank a lot/don't rank, has spent or not spent a lot of money, live in or outside of Japan, has low/high HQ level. As long as you fit any of the above criteria, you can get flagged. Spending $300 doesn't mean you'll be exempt from this. You can still be falsely accused.

Q: Any fix to this?

A: Not really, the so called solutions aren't that many and it's also more luck than anything else. (just like this game, dohohoho) Since this is 100% account specific, changing device/program, asking your friend to take a look at your account, refreshing cache or clearing cookies or changing your network will NOT solve your cat-tastrophe. The only options are:
    1. Bitch to the support. Support's just going to send you a token email and ignore you.
    2. Sit and pray. Eventually cat will piss off after some undetermined amount of time. There are some reports that after maintenance the cat will ease up, but there are also reports that people still experience cat error after update.

Just a side note. You can try to be clever by refreshing/F5 before the cat hits, thus refreshing your cat count yes? Doesn't work that way though. This is system side, so even if you refresh on your end the system is still going to send you a cat at a shorter interval.

Q: How do you know if you are for sure flagged as a bot?
    A: If you are just getting cats for no particular reason while sortieing or even just idling on the main screen repeatedly, that's a pretty dead giveaway. If you just can't login, you are looking at the wrong discussion. If you want to be sure though that this is/isn't a false alarm, check for these 'requirements' first:

1. Unstable server status? No?
    2. Does other people on your network experience the same thing/do you get connection problem to other browser games? Also no?
    3. Are you sure your time is properly synced and this is just not one of those general cat errors? No?
    4. Seriously, are you sure it's not a clock or cache thing? Still no?
    5. Have you tried this on other program/device but the problem persists? Yes?
    6. Sortie button not functional? (reported in early cases)
    7. Do you get cat bombed every 5 something minutes, sometimes shorter? Yes?

Bonus: If you use electronic observer check your log. If you get error code 201... (KCV and KC3 Kai do not have this function)

You have been flagged as a filthy bot.

Q: I don't wanna get banned or get flagged, how do I avoid this?
    A: Don't do the obvious like using macros, scripts, Cheat Engine or refreshes too often. While the refresh thing is just speculations right now, just keep your F5 to a bare minimum please. Avoid behaviors that may cause the game to think you are a bot. Grind 3-2 or other hot spots a lot? That's fine, but maybe throw in some other stuff in between to simulate a real player: random clicks, don't always use the Refuel All button, change to a different fleet without using presets, etc. If your connection is also very unstable, maybe skip Kantai for a bit. If any of this suggestion isn't working, please post and let us know.

Some keywords for those wanting to do their own look around:
    艦これ
    猫検
    201猫
    201エラー
    検知猫

CH: 艦隊 貓檢測 貓襲

I'm adding a tutorial for using Electronic Observer original branch to play KC for those who wants to know for sure it's 201 giving you the finger. You are going to use Ooi the proxy to bypass region issues. Skip this if you are already playing with VPN.

After opening the program. Go to Configuration.

Go to the browser tap and change out the URL address for ooi.la-foret.me

Select OK. Now restart the program again and you should end up in this screen.

Enter your account information and the game will start normally. Play until you get hit by some stupid error. As said before, if you see 201 error in the log section. (bottom right in this case) Fucking bot detection again.

Copy pasta from a later post 'cause laziness.

In the mean time I'm just going to list what some other TTK outside Japan has also experienced. Accounts are all over the place and results sometimes inconclusive. Keep in mind these information are 3rd party information of 3rd party info, so read at your own discretion. I'm only going to translate mainly from Chinese what I think is more relevant to the stupid errors. I'm skipping the more general complaints that don't have more additional data for references.

Case 1:

March: 2 year Taiwanese TTK started experiencing the issue shortly before the recent maintenance. Electronic observer confirms 201 error. He was using POI for his game usually. Casual player with a job so impossible to neet. Banned 2 days ago after 1 week of cats. He suspected it was from refreshing too often even though he only did dailies mainly. Doesn't look like he planned to appeal the ban. Dropped at least $300 USD into the game.
    Case 2:
    Date unknown. A repeat "offender" who has experienced this issue several times. This Taiwanese TTK survived the cat onslaught by not playing the game for 2 days. On the 3rd day the game continued normally for said admiral. Typically according to said admiral, he/she experienced the error around Saturday and Sunday when trying to wrap the weeklies at the last minute. Other playing habits unknown.
    Case 3:

Intermittent cats after winter event. Cat bomb about every 5-10 minutes. User has tried resting for 3 days. Still came back with errors. Recently resumed playing while ignoring the cat errors. Received at least 60 cats per day, sometimes more than 80. All of a sudden the cat errors just stopped. Said user lives in Japan.

Various collection of "my friend did this and I think this is what happened":

A TTK asked his/her circle of friends about cat errors. The 8 he/she asked are all confirmed to have 201 error via Electronic Observer.

How they connected to the game:

Directly online through DMM, POI, Electronic Observer, etc.

Usual Gaming Duration:

2 sends out long term expeditions before they leave and then close the game.
    6 keeps the game open basically whenever the computer is on.

Long Term Gaming:

3 that even if out and about, will still connect remotely somehow to send out expeditions.
    1 when out, will connect remotely to do PVP, expeditions, sortie.
    2 will grind on vacation starting in the morning, run non stop expedition 256 or 3-2/4-3. (wording implies they stop until night like most people)
    1 grind from evening to late night. (not sure what sort of activity)
    1 plays Kantai even while working until 12AM before bed. Long term expeditions are sent out before bed.

Use of 3rd Party Program / Specific Habits (F5 F5 F5)

Bot/Macro: 0
    Consecutive F5: 6
    The other 2 will close the game for a few minutes if they accidentally send out Taiha ships.

Reactions:

4 F5 for 2-3 hours until they started asking around. After learning about 201 error they closed the game.
    3 after repetitive cats closed the game for a while, then turn it on some time later.
    1 closed the game after hearing about the error.

Number of banned people:

Currently 0. 1 is on business trip right now.

Afterwards:

4 connect once in a while to run expeditions. This repeated for 2-3 days and then they resumed regular activity. 1 has encountered the errors again.
    2 switched over to something else and only resumed game the next day. No cats.
    1 was out for 2 days and resumed the game after returning. No cats.
    1 still on business trip.

Cat Forecast?

3 stated that their network was unstable before they ran into cats. Their connection to other games were also unstable and had frequent disconnections.
    1 had weather related network instability.

The 8 TTK are not ranking admirals.

old stuff

It's the run of the mill cat error question again. I'm getting cat errors within minutes of doing very simple things on the main screen or just regular sortie. There's no set pattern on what for sure will ensue the cat rain, it'll just rain cats, for no reason. It can be within MINUTES. Highest record is under 2 minutes, or however long it takes to finish one 2-3 battle and not get battle result. Yesterday I had 0 cat error. Today it just rains cats, just cause. Tried on 3 different devices: phone, tablet, and PC. Phone and tablet just hangs indefinitely and then just cats. PC outright gets cat with no warning.

Started with the phone first because I was doing simple expeditions and docking. It took ages for stuff to happen. Some cat error after indefinite circle spinning.
    Tablet: Did some PVP and expeditions. Took some time for expedition to come in, but otherwise fine. I was only on the tablet for a short duration before switching back to PC.
    PC: Cats after idling. Cats on battle result. Cats from doing stuff on main screen. Doesn't matter which program I'm using, KCV or KC3 Kai. Asasgumo and cat. seriously fuck off

Twitter has nothing on Buin suffering server issues, so that only leaves... game shenanigans. I'm getting the tiniest bit suspicion that I'm somehow on some sort of bot watch list. I can only guess it might be from me resetting for 4-3... but that's only done after every 11-15+ minutes if I land on J or something else. Otherwise it's business as usual of doing my dailies, weeklies, sparkle DD... Not exactly the kind of behavior for scripting/macroing. I can't even use macro to save my life for Steam games. Just using phone to run expedition right now, because I can't do a damn constructive thing in the game.

I've seen posters experience similar things in the past, has anyone gotten out of this cat-tastrophe/suspected bot watch list thing?

EDIT. I did experience some random error popups while on KCV yesterday, but I ignored those and played fine. Not sure if the 2 issues are even related.

Last edited by DoraGrailMon; 04-03-2016 at 04:51 AM.
    Tumbler TweetTweet

Granblu ID: 11019922

IGN
    S.Razelrink
    Server
    Paramushir Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I used to have this problem, but it may have been for a different reason to you. my internet service used to be so subpar, that I would get catbombs very quickly -- sometimes less than half a minute into signing into the game, others perhaps 10-15 minutes!

in the past, my ISP had also had issues with kancolle in general, and people in my area who were using the same ISP (we made a thread about it here before) were all unable to connect/sparsely able to connect to the game. so there's always that, too...

thanks to Lycanous for the not-so-existent yet still great signature! I'll get it back one day..

Rep
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I'm not sure if it's related to my net, unless people in California on Comcast's stupid network also experience a high influx of unwanted cats. The amount of cat bombs says otherwise and I'm 75% sure at this point that this is some sort of misguided anti bot measure. I've had cat bombs before but usually those are limited to a specific program (KCV/KC3) or when server was unstable from event overload. Even those those were not dropping felines every fucking 2 or 5 minutes. I can't even run 2 full sorties without the game crapping itself. Sometimes I can't even send out my expedition team after they just got back. Fuck you Tanaka.

I intentionally F5 after sending off my expedition team. The second I clicked Sortie, Cat. Are You SERIOUS!? That's. BS.

Last edited by DoraGrailMon; 03-17-2016 at 07:34 AM.
    Tumbler TweetTweet

Rep
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Day 2. It's still raining cats. I've noticed a sort of cat error pattern. It can occur anywhere between 6-8 minutes usually. It's the length of 2 1-1 sorties and some messing about on the main screen. It's a very very short leash. Game will just stop receiving or cut connection to me and dies whenever cat happens. This is 100% a problem specific just to this account. I've created an alternate account on Iwagawa server and I've been idling for a good while on the main screen with Samidare now. No cat or Asaugmo.

Still raining on day 3.

Last edited by DoraGrailMon; 03-18-2016 at 11:35 PM.
    Tumbler TweetTweet

Rep
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

To the mods. Can someone change the title to "Bot detection cat errors/201 cat" instead? It should pop up better for people doing a search for similar issues.
    Many thanks.

Yeah it's bot detection. I did some more googling around using some choice phrases, cat bombs hits regardless of regions. As for what triggers it...

1. Botting/Macro/Cheat Engine/some other 3rd party program (duh)
    2. Grind so much that the system thinks you are a filthy a robot because no sane player could possibly play a browser game so damn much. /sarcasm
    3. System just thinks you are a filthy bot.
    4. ?????

It doesn't matter if you rank a lot/don't rank/a big spender, anybody can get caught by this if you trigger any of the above 3. I don't rank and I spend plenty of time and money on this game, guess what happened. However, ranked admirals and people who play for prolonged periods of time in a sitting are more likely to get investigated.

"Solutions"
    1. Bitch to the support. Support's just going to send you a token email and ignore you.
    2. Sit and pray. Eventually cat will piss off after some undetermined amount of time. It can be anywhere from 1-3+ days depending on some mysterious conditions that nobody fucking knows unless you are the devs. There are some reports that after maintenance the cat will ease up, but there are also reports that people still experience cat error after update.

Since this is 100% account specific, changing device/program, refreshing cache or clearing cookies or changing your network will NOT solve your cat-tastrophe. General "advice" is to sit tight and take it very easy with the game (not playing it), but I have yet to read anything about getting banned for continuing to play despite getting cat bombed for the bot detection. I'm pissed, so I'm just doing my dailies even when it's raining cats.

Just a side note. You can try to be clever by refreshing/F5 before the cat hits, thus refreshing your cat count yes? Doesn't work that way though. This is system side, so even if you refresh on your end the system is still going to send you a cat at a shorter interval. You didn't reset anything at all, you just got cat bombed in the middle of sortie instead.

How do you know if you are for sure flagged for bot?
    1. Check your server status on official Twitter. Is it unstable? No?
    2. Does other people on your network experience the same thing/do you get connection problem to other browser games? Also no?
    3. Are you sure your time zone is set to Japan and this is just not one of those general cat errors? No?
    4. Seriously, are you sure it's not a clock or cache thing? Still no?
    5. Have you tried this on other program/device but the problem persists? Yes?
    6. Do you get cat bombed every 5 something minutes, sometimes shorter? Yes?
    Bonus: If you use electronic observer check your log. If you get error code 201... (KCV and KC3 Kai do not have this function)

You have been flagged as a filthy bot.

One of the earlier cases of getting flagged as bot was that the sortie button may malfunction. So if you are getting this, bot flagged.

Some keywords for those wanting to do their own look around:
    艦これ
    猫検
    201猫
    201エラー

CH: 艦隊 貓檢測 貓襲

Last edited by DoraGrailMon; 03-20-2016 at 07:02 AM. Reason: spell checking, notice to mods, etc
    Tumbler TweetTweet

Rep
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    You've definitely got what the Japanese players call 検知猫. You'll know you got it best when you get the unresponsive sortie button while also getting cats. As far as I know there's not much you can do about it but wait and pray it will go away.

The error popups you get are DMM related and you can safely keep ignoring them.

This is a very interesting read. Is there any chance you could go into detail what you believe made you get flagged? How much repetitive actions you do? How much micromanagement, for example switching around equipment between sorties, do you do? Personally I've been doing some extremely heavy play sessions for long periods of time when ranking but I've never gotten it. I've also spoken with other rankers who play as much and they have never gotten it either. The people I know that have gotten it have mostly been running submarines for 5-4. None of them have been banned but at least one person has had a problem of repeatedly triggering it

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    Last edited by Lte7; 03-21-2016 at 02:12 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    @Lte7

My sortie button isn't unresponsive, I just get flooded by a lot of cats. Still am actually, day 5 right now. Still doing my dailies and not giving a fuck. Usually cats in the interval of 5-6 minutes. Shortest was the fucking sec I logged back in, longest was about 24 minutes in around 8 hours of "Fuck you game I'm doing my weekly/daily." The 24 minute cat only happened once, coincidentally I was just starting my round of Orel for world 2 bosses and the usual transports + carrier quests. I don't think it's Orel specific however since I've Oreled with shorter leashes multiple days before. 6 or 8 minutes cat are more common for me. 2 minutes- cat are rare but have occurred, usually when I'm doing something like PVPing with some nice juicy exp fleet. Random my ass.

I don't even know how I got detected. My routine is common and something I've done for weeks and months before, hadn't given me problem until recently. Before the bot cat hit I was already done with my weeklies just the day before. So my routine would look something like use the preset 4-3 team to get some experience for the DD, reset when I hit J. Hitting J and reset is not an uncommon thing for me and I've done so in the past since... at least fall 2015. It's not uncommon for me to hit J nodes 3+ times in a row. The problem may be what I didn't or did do in between during the 4-3 down time. Sometimes I sparkle any remaining DD or CL on 1-1 or do the world 2 dailies on 2-3 with subs. If sparkling and Oreling are done, I just 4-3, reset, wait, repeat again until bed time. My ranking is in the thousands since I don't bother with 5-4 at all. Refresh is only done at 4-3's J node or when I'm switching devices in the morning. This may also be the bit that got me flagged. I used the phone to do PVP and get started on the daily quests. Part way through I got on my windows tablet instead for less eye strain. Finally I switched back on the PC, that's when I noticed it's raining cats.

So a usual day's routine looks like this:
    Phone: PVP, check off the easy quests like docking 5 ships.
    Tablet: PVP if I'm sick of the itty bitty screen or suspect my phone's connection is unstable. Connection does hang more on the phone than on tablet for some reason.
    PC: Bulk of the heavy work. PVP if I didn't do them on the phone.

• Use preset 3-2 team to do the first 2 boss kills to unlock subsequent transport /carrier/10 nodes quests.
    • Use preset 4-3 team first and see if I can get lucky and knock off 1 or 2 transports at least, at the very least, reset if I hit J so I can wait for morale to recoup while I Orel.
    • Do weekly quests like world 4 bosses to fill up the docks if this hasn't been done yet. Otherwise Orel to do the transports and boss kills.
    • If docks become full at this time or 4-3 team's morale is at 49 again, I do 4-3 or 1-1 for DD sparkling.
    • If 4-3 team is done and docks are still full. I just wait until I can send out more subs to Orel.
    • World 2 quests including 5 boss kills are done. Use 4-3's preset team to finish the 5 subs quests.
    • 4-3 cycle loop until bed. PVP when the daily resets. Do weekly quests if those are not done and my docks are empty.
    • Before I turn in for the night, Akashi repair fleet always.

The 4-3 cycle towards the end was I let the main fleet rest while I do other none Kantai things. When I hear the notification for max morale I come back and do the sortie. If I hit J, reset. If not, kill subs twice if lucky. The day before I get the bot flag, I did go off routine to try to do the Shiratsuyu quest several times. Had to refresh a good few times because stupid branching, can't be more than 8 though and I did take breaks in between. Managed to finish the quest in between 4-3 sessions.

Last I checked, my rank was in the 1700s. I've done most of the EO except 2-5 and 5-5. Both are on final kills.
    Other useless information: I'm on Buin server.
    Cat timers aren't on a loop. It's completely, utterly fucking random.

Tumbler TweetTweet

IGN
    S.Razelrink
    Server
    Paramushir Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    it's unfortunate that you'd been flagged for botting, bad luck! :'( for now, I'd think that there isn't much you can do on your side to subside your issue any sooner, so your best bet is to probably just continue struggling with dailies (yes it is absolutely horrible and I think I had this issue once too in the past, but more probably due to my terrible service/ISP), and do as you have done since the bombs started! "there's no rain that won't stop" :')

also, I changed the thread title for you! good luck!!

thanks to Lycanous for the not-so-existent yet still great signature! I'll get it back one day..

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there,

I had been experiencing the same thing as you since 10th of March. It happen all of the sudden, the rain of cat bombs. Previously it was running smoothly. Using PC and windows Tablet to play on.

What I did after that:

- I tried on KCV, KC3 and playing directly on the webpage itself. Its still raining cat bombs.
    - I used different internet connections, (playing from home, from my workplace, from my friend's house) the cat bombing frequency is still the same.
    - Server status was green, Twitter didn't mention anything able unstable connection from Parao Hakuchi. I am from Parao.
    - Friends from other servers are doing just fine. I am the odd one out.
    - Time zone change to japan, still rainning cats.

Now i kind of afraid to get into the ban list if I were to keep refreshing after getting cat bombs. every 5 mins or less. sometimes it last longer, sometimes within a min. same as your situation.

I tried searching for solutions or any people who encounter the same problem as me, and I saw your thread here.

Rep
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    I think I've ever been flagged by the bot detection system before for refreshing the page too much, but the situation resolved itself within 24 hrs. Then again, I'm not a particularly grindy or avid player.