Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope this information doesn't count as a necro bump, but I do believe this is still relevant. Also, to users who have been banned after cat blitz, were you refreshing immediately after each occurrence, and how frequent did you receive them? I suspect that 201 errors are also a refresh trap.

Server: Rabaul (ラバウル)

Which country you are located in: US

When you started receiving your cats:
    -First instance: Mid-September
    -Current instance: 10/31/16

If this has happened before: See above.

How you connect to the game: Chrome, no viewers and directly to DMM. I also use the KC Android app.

Playing on a PC or something else: Windows, Debian, and Android App.

Whether or not you are a ranking admiral or are making very active attempts to rank: Nope.

Any use of 3rd party program like CE, macro: Nope.

F5/refresh a lot at specific spots? : I never refresh. I suck it up if I end up in a bad node no matter how much salt it generates.

Usual gaming habits. How often did you grind and where.:
    At work, I just use the Android app to send expeditions out, and not even immediately after the timer is up. (I.e.: #6 is 40 minutes, but I retrieve it more than an hour from sending it out.). I rarely sortie my ships at work. In the morning, I do my dailies like modernization and docking.

At home and at night, I do 1-5 and 2-3 to finish dailies and weeklies.

How long do you tend to play KC?: 4 hours when I get home. Probably an hour or two on Android at work at most, but I always retrieve and send out expeditions way past the timers for each.

Notice any unusual activity before cats started raining, such as slower connection/lag/frequent DC: Suspicious latency when browsing through screens. EX: Moving from quest screen to expedition screen.

What was your activity when it first started raining cats:
    -First instance: 1-5 Kai Ni leveling spree on Chrome.
    -Second instance: Inncocently trying to get to the expedition screen on Android.

How often are you receiving the cat errors: Sporadically. Sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes immediately after clicking start.

If your game has recovered, when did it recover and what have you done before it returned to normal: I survived the first blitz by putting the game aside for a week. Nothing happened for over a month. Currently waiting a week for the current blitz to clear up.

If you were banned or have been banned for this error: Nope.

Further remarks:
    -I left my KC Android app running before I went to bed in the first instance. This was so that I could retrieve my overnight expeditions while taking advantage of the daily quest reset to instantly finish the 3 expeditions quest. I stopped this practice as I suspect it triggered the 201 blitz.

-Also in the first instance, I was doing intensive leveling. This includes 1-5 and 4-3 runs and PVP.

-I'm the kind of person who taps pretty quickly. In the second instance, I went from the main screen to the quest screen by tapping quickly on Android. I immediately received the error after attempting to get to the expedition screen.

-Second instance may have also been caused by my 2-3 grinding and refusal to refresh. I was attempting to clear the 3 transports daily, but I kept on getting sent to the boss instead. This caused me to sortie to 2-3 more than I wanted to.

-Upon receiving the cat error, I never immediately get back into the game or refresh right after it rears its horrendous salt-generating head. I always close up my browser and wait more an hour before coming back. This entails logging into DMM again after that time, waiting a few more minutes, and then going to KanColle's page via my bookmarks.

-Confirmed 201 without a viewer by extracting the server responses through Chrome's network activity monitor.
    svdata={"api_result":201, "api_result_msg": <random crap after this>

-Ruled out connection problems on Android by using an OTG Ethernet adapter (And several more.)

-You'd think the system would be more lenient to fast clicking activity now that the Android app has been out for some time, and there are people who can tap pretty damn quickly. Plus, KC contributed to the increase in sales of touch-enabled Windows devices in Japan.

-I'll gladly add more relevant info if asked.

Last edited by 3ka_zuki; 11-05-2016 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Added more relevant info.

Newly Registered
    IGN
    The Operator
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Server: Sukumo Bay

Which country you are located in: Philippines

When you started receiving your cats:
    First instance: 11/20/16, about 2 in the afternoon, when retreating from E-4E
    Current instance: 11/20/16, 4pm

If this has happened before: Not yet

How you connect to the game: KC3 Kai and KC Android app.

Playing on a PC or something else: Windows and Android App.

Whether or not you are a ranking admiral or are making very active attempts to rank: Not really sure, but i'm trying to clear E-4E Q node then i retreated and catbomb appeared.

Any use of 3rd party program like CE, macro: No.

F5/refresh a lot at specific spots? : I did refreshed a few (by few, i mean less than 5) times in the past because of accidentally pushing to the next node with critical ships but i never encountered Error 201.

Usual gaming habits. How often did you grind and where.:
    Early morning after i took warmups, i open the Android app to do PVP, expeds, construct and develop. At college during breaks, usually i do expeds. At home at night, i play most. I usually grind at 3-2 and 2-2 for dailies and weeklies

How long do you tend to play KC?: 3 hours at home. 1 or 2 hours total on Android at breaks. Yesterday, i did played Kancolle for 10 hrs, but didn't received a catbomb

Notice any unusual activity before cats started raining, such as slower connection/lag/frequent DC: Nothing, it just appeared out of nowhere when retreating from E-4E Q node. After that, everytime i retreat from E-4E (any nodes), i will get a catbomb with Error 201

What was your activity when it first started raining cats:
    First instance: Retreating from E-4E Q node
    Second instance: Retreating from E-4E S node

How often are you receiving the cat errors: Everytime i retreat from any nodes.

If your game has recovered, when did it recover and what have you done before it returned to normal: Not yet, it just happened 2 hours ago.

If you were banned or have been banned for this error: No

Further remarks:
    I accidentally felt asleep few times before with the KC Android app running, but i didn't got any catbombs.

All instances happened during retreating from E-4 (So far).

Upon receiving the catbomb, i tried few more times then i opened Kancolle thru DMM, but i didn't sortied because of the fear of getting banned.

I confirmed that it is error 201 because upon receiving a cat bomb screen, i received a notification on KC3 Kai that i received an Error 201.

I did played 10 hours yesterday, and about 6 hours awhile ago because of the event.

Ruled out clearing cache both on PC and Android app.

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I from VietNam, i get an error like this, I try a different internet networks, and smartphone and PC to, but they all the same stick bug, PC Laptop get error 201, and smartphone play Few minute try 3g and 4g networks to, but get the same error, then i see the cat, I'm very desperate, how do I repair and fix it, some one help me pls, beucase event will soon T.T

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SetsunaOgiso View Post
    I from VietNam, i get an error like this, I try a different internet networks, and smartphone and PC to, but they all the same stick bug, PC Laptop get error 201, and smartphone play Few minute try 3g and 4g networks to, but get the same error, then i see the cat, I'm very desperate, how do I repair and fix it, some one help me pls, beucase event will soon T.T
    no one help?, please help me

Last edited by SetsunaOgiso; 11-23-2016 at 12:48 PM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @SetsunaOgiso NO DON'T LOGIN TO KANCOLLE !!

stop playing for a while, my case disappear after 2 weeks and have been playing normally since then (it happened 2 weeks before last event)

____;';_';__,.,.,____;';',.,._____
    __END OF TRANSMISSION__
    -----;"";'-----'"";---------------"";'':':'''------

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spring Event 2017 catbombed

It seems no one getting this error in 2017... am i the only one?
    Damn Tanaka i can't even farm any ship in this event. Luckily i cleared the event before this 201 cat occurs.

1. Buin
    2. Indonesia
    3. 11 May 2017 (it's been one week with catbomb nonstop)
    4. First time
    5. KC3Kai
    6. PC, using smartphone once in a while.
    7. No, but i always clear 1-5, 1-6, 2-5, 3-5, 4-5, 5-5, 6-5 every month for the medal.
    8. Nah. tried CE on 2nd account, but not this one.
    9. This refreshing is probably the fault. i keep getting connectivity error (damn roommate using all the bandwidth) before the 201 cat started raining.
    10. OREL, dailies, weeklies, monthly.
    11. i grind crazy. about 15 hour perday (nolife).
    12. frequent DC because of the sometimes unstable connection.
    13. 201 cat started raining when i farm E-5 spring 2017.
    14. i can't seem to get 30 min mark without 201 cat raining on me. tried farm E-5 despite this, but catbombed at last node lul. RIP RESO.
    15. no sign of recovering soon. probably will recover after spring event maintenance. let's see. Hope to see you next event Roma *sobs*
    16. Not banned yet, Tanaka pls don't. so much money have been splurged into this account..

UPDATE AFTER 22 MAY 2017

201 Error still persist. Ah f**k this sh*t Tanaka... I'll go play my 2nd acc for a while then

UPDATE 03 JULY 2017

i'm back, checking if the error still persist or not. and it is. and still on 5 min span. why u do this to me tanaka. why...
    i'm thinking of retiring. should i say goodbye to this game? maybe i should.

update 21 july 2017, the cat is gone now. finally. but only 2 weeks left to prepare for summer event. fuck my life

Last edited by forholywar; 07-21-2017 at 01:26 AM. Reason: updating status

IGN
    Hyoga Kai
    Server
    Paramushir Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Recently having tons of catbombs, I use Poi and haven't seen anything about 201, will keep an eye out on the next taiha. This is fucking stupid as I only do weeklies and some 5-4 to level CV's andd BB's

Rep
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I hate to resurrect this thread, my buy patience is gone... today has been 201-catbomb hades.... I play more than I should in general... almost all of last month was 4-3 or 5-4 interspersed with 2-3 and others for dailies. At work I tend to do a few expedition renewals, no sorties... that's pretty common each day... depends on how much work I have to get done... work comes first of course... but the afternoon EVERY expedition that came back was a catbomb when trying to reload the fleet... getting home and start my normal play in the evenings, and every returned expedition resulted in a cat at reload .... then every time I went to 5-4 the first node it would cat at some point... either going into the sortie or after... one of them it did it after playing through the whole node, catted, came back and was still fully fueled as like I didnt even get to the first node... just ruined morale... then forced 5-4 over and over and made it once out of 5 sorties .. rest all cats... but 2-3... just fine... but got catted on expedition return.....

And its not the "connection error" cat.. its ALL been 201 API cats... been checking my IP and its not changed.... I can't see any drops anywhere... only other major activity is watching youtube.. as I always do..

1. Server:Palau
    2. Which country you are located in: USA
    3. When you started receiving your cats: Today
    4. If this has happened before: 201 cats before have been really scarce.. and usually obvious issue... usually server not responding cats...
    5. How you connect to the game. KC3Kai
    6. PC
    7. I wasn't "trying" to rank but as I've been heavy leveling the last month, I was at least in the top 500... was round 120ish at the end of the month ... today of course down...
    8. Any use of 3rd party program like CE, macro: Notta...
    9. F5/refresh a lot at specific spots? How many refreshes have you done for that day or the day prior? What's the duration and did you make any changes to the fleet in the mean time? I just want to know if you just AFK at that same spot or actually switch around a lot as an active player. :: Never F5. Never. I tend to have the same fleet in normal play over the last 4++ years... but most of the last month have used presets to rock between subs for 2-3 and a leveling fleet for 4-3 or 5-4.
    10. Usual gaming habits. How often did you grind and where. :: most of last month was 4-3 leveling of DEs.... last day was more 5-4 for DD...
    11. How long do you tend to play KC? 2-3 hours a day? All day even while at work? All day... basically..... at least 6pm-2am most days with the expeditions at work if I can...
    12. Notice any unusual activity before cats started raining, such as slower connection/lag/frequent DC: Nothing really noticable.
    13. What was your activity when it first started raining cats: at work, expeiditon return, would go to refill and poof... 201-CAT
    14. How often are you receiving the cat errors: all the time now.... every sortie to 5-4.... since I've stopped 5-4 to write this (to do 2-3 in not-watching mode) only 1 cat from expedition return.
    15. If your game has recovered, when did it recover and what have you done before it returned to normal :: nothing yet...
    16. If you were banned or have been banned for this error:: not yet.. never been banned.