Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Fall event has started. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)

[ShiroPro] Shiro Project:Re Gameplay Guide

DISCLAIMER: Any work of translation in the English community involves a lot of elitist fedora tipping and "out-weebing". This guide is merely a literal translation of the in-game player guide done in a very objective way. The original text of the game terms are kept whenever possible. If you have constructive criticism or found actual errors in the translation, please let me know. However, if you would like to play the pedantic, fastidious game of arguing about inconsequential technicalities of terms(or fedora-tip about your "knowledge of Asian culture" while going weeb-overdrive) I would kindly ask you to leave.

Please contact me before linking this to anywhere else.

1. Basic Rules(基本ルール)
    [+] Spoiler

The place on the battlefield where the player character(殿, tono) is placed is called "HQ"(本陣, honjin).

The basic rule of this game is that one should place castle girls(城娘, shiromusume) on the map, defeat the enemy and protect the HQ by preventing Tono's HP from falling to 0.
    Placing castle girls consumes "ki"(気), or spirit.

Castle girls use various kinds of weapons and depending on the weapons used, the positions of their placements are different.
    When selecting a castle girl, the possible placement positions light up. Please place her in a colored position.

Red placement position: Melee attacks (sword, spear, hammer)
    Blue placement position: Ranged attacks (bow, crossbow, arquebus, magic) Friendly HP recovery (song and dance)

When a placed castle girl's HP falls to 0, they become "heavily damaged" (大破, taiha). They disappear from the battle, but after a certain time they may be placed on the map again.
    However, if a castle girl is "heavily damaged" at least once in battle, her EXP gain is halved at the end of the battle.

Additionally, there are "warehouses" (蔵, kura) on the map. Enemies will try to destroy them. Protecting the warehouses can sometimes grant you bonus after you win.

2. Castle Girls and God Girls(城娘と神娘, shiromusume to kamimusume)
    [+] Spoiler

■Castle girls(城娘, shiromusume)
    Castle girls are characters that protect the player. Organize them into a battle group and deploy them to protect the player.
    They have the following attributes/abilities:

・Rarity(レアリティ)
     The rarity goes from★1~★7.
     Generally speaking, the higher the rarity the higher their stats. and stronger their stratagems.

・Level(レベル)
     Level can be gained by gaining EXP, which will cause castle girls' stats to grow.
     It should be noted that the maximum level for each girl is determined by her rarity.
     However, fusing girls with the same name can raise the level cap for maximum of four times by means of "limit breakthrough" (限界突破, genkai toppa).

・HP(耐久)
     Decreases when enemies attack the girls. When it falls to 0 the girl is heavily damaged, and cannot be placed on the battlefield for a certain amount of time.
     HP is automatically recovered slightly when a girl is placed on the battlefield.

・Attack(攻撃, kougeki)
     The higher this value is, the more damage the girl.causes to the enemy.
     Certain stratagems affect this value.

・Defense(防御, bougyo)
     The higher this value is, the less damage the castle girl takes from the enemy.

・Range(範囲, han'i)
     The higher this value, the wider the range is for attacks and recovery(from song and dance). When you choose to place a castle girl, you can see her range indicated by a blue circle on the screen. It should be noted that once a girl undergoes "giant transformation" (巨大化, kyodaika), an ourter red circle would appear to indicate therange from the transformation.

・Recovery(回復, kaifuku)
     The higher this value is the faster the automatic HP recovery. Castle girls that are able to use song and dance will also have their abilities affected by this value.

・Basic Spirit(ki) Cost(基本消費気, kihonshouhiki)
     The initial placement cost of castle girls. It also affects the cost of giant transformation each time.

■God Girls(神娘, kamimusume)
    God girls are special characters that, instead of being able to placed on the battlefield, are used for fusion with castle girls to grant high EXP and various effects.
    Depending on the god girl types, they can either be used to raise the castle girls EXP significantly, or to raise the facility EXP significantly.

3. Spirit and Giant Transformation(気と巨大化, ki to kyodaika)
    [+] Spoiler

■Spirit(気, ki)
    Spirit is consumed for castle girl placement, stratagem activation and giant transformation. Spirit is recovered from the passage of time and from defeating enemies. The cost of castle girl placement, stratagem activation and giant transformation all differ depending on the specific castle girl.

■Giant Transformation/Gigantification(巨大化, kyodaika)
    After placed on the battlefield, 「!」may appear on top of the castle girls' heads. Clicking on it will allow the girl to undergo giant transformation.

Giant transformation consumes spirit(ki). It recovers an amount of HP for the girl automatically and raises her various stats. The amount of stat gain and the number of times a girl can go through giant transformation differ depending on the rarity of the specific character.
    ・★1~★2 Max transformation 3 times
    ・★3~★5 Max transformation 4 times
    ・★6~★7 Max transformation 5 times

Furthermore, castles girls have the following attributes that can affect the effect of their giant transformation:
    Plains caslte(平城,hirajiro) Mountain castle(山城, yamajiro) / Plains-mountain castle(平山城, hirayamajiro) / Water castle(水城, mizujiro) / Plains-water castle(平&水城, hira & mizujiro)

4. Special Skills(特技, tokugi)
    [+] Spoiler

When castle girls reach the maximum allowable times of giant transformation, their "special skills(特技, tokugi) are automatically activated.
    Special abilities can have various effect such as raising stats of friendly units, reducing speed of enemy units and other beneficial effects.

Special abilities are different for each girl. Please check the specific girls for details.

5. Stratagem(計略, keiryaku)
    [+] Spoiler

Castle girls with rarity ★3 and above have the options to use "stratagem"(計略, keiryaku).

Stratagem, unlike special abilities, become available for activation after a certain amount of time has passed since the girl was placed on the battlefield. Activating it costs spirit(ki).
    ※Depending on the stratagem, the spirit consumption will differ.

Stratagems are available on the bottom left of the screen. Once it is ready you can click on it and place it on a desired place on the map.

Stratagems can be classified into the following categories:

・Ambush-Type (伏兵配置系, fukuhei haichi kei)
     This creates units that are placed on the map just like castle girls are. They will apply beneficial effects for friendly units. Depending on the type, the available spots for deployment differ. It should be noted that these units disappear once the current enemy wave ends.

・Friendly Buff-Type (味方強化系, mikata kyouka kei
     This specifies a friendly unit to apply buff in stats. The unit receives a stat bonus for a certain amount of time.

・Area of Effect Attack (範囲攻撃系, han'i kougeki kei)
     This specifies a region of the battlefield to apply damage to units in range.

There are all kinds of stratagems. Please check the specific girls for details.

6. Retreat and Redeployment (撤退と再配置, tettai to saihaichi)
    [+] Spoiler

Choosing the "retreat" (撤退, tettai) option on a castle girl on the battlefield will withdraw her from the battlefield and recover some spirit.
    The recovered spirit is equal to half of the girl's redeployment cost.

Retreated and heavily damaged castle girls can be redeployed after a certain time. The status of giant-transformation is maintained and once redeployed, they will recover all of their HP.

It should be noted that when girls who underwent giant transformation retreat, a lot of spirit is gained. However, when they are redeployed again they will require a high amount of spirit as well. Please be careful.

If a girl's HP falls to 0 for even once in the battle, she would be heavily damaged(大破, taiha) and can only receive half of the EXP even if you win.
    It is an important strategy to order girls to retreat in dangerous time and redeploy them again later.

7. Territory (所領, shoryou)
    [+] Spoiler

Your territory is the center of the player's battle commands. You can access various menus here. You can also receive presents and game news here.
    Various castle girls make appearances in your territory. Clicking on those with heart marks will recover spirit power (霊力, reiryoku, this is basically the stamina of this game). You can also receive various kinds of items.
    The heart marks are refreshed after a certain time. Please claim the bonus frequently.

8. Castle Girl Fusion and Weapon Enhancement (城娘合成と武器強化, shiromusume gousei to buki kyouka)
    [+] Spoiler

■Castle Girl Fusion
    This function is used to fuse castle girls with each other. It grants EXP. Fusing with god girls would grant high EXP.
    Fusing girls with the same name can achieve "limit breakthrough" (限界突破, genkai toppa), increasing the maximum level cap. It can be done for a maximum of 4 times.

■Weapon Enhancement
    This function is used to fuse base weapons with other weapons in order to enhance the base weapon's abilities. If successful the weapon used as the base weapon will become stronger while the weapons used as material will disappear.
    The weapons used as material disappears regardless of whether the enhancement was successful. If fails, the gold used for the enhancement will not be reimbursed.

9. Castle Girl Dismissal and Weapon Disposal (城娘引退と武器破棄, shiromusume haitai to buki haki)
    [+] Spoiler

■Castle Girl Dismissal
    Dismiss castle girls in exchange for gold. The dismissed castle girls will disappear.
    The gold gained depends on the girl's rarity.
    When dismissing a girl with weapon equipped, the weapon will be unequiped and spared but the girl will disappear.
    ※Girls that are organized in a battle group or are locked cannot be dismissed.

■Weapon Disposal
    Dispose weapons in exchange for gold. The disposed weapons will disappear.
    The gold gained depends on the weapon's rarity.

10. Castle Construction (築城, chikujou)
    [+] Spoiler

Construction consumes 1 keystone (要石, kanameishi) and creates a new castle girl.
    Depending on the girl, the completion time is different.
    Using a "quickwork bell" (早業の鈴, hayawaza no suzu) will complete the construction instantly. The bells can be gained through various means, but they can also be gained from spending spirit orbs(霊珠, reitama).
    When constructions are complete, there will be a 「!」mark on the workshop(工房, koubou) icon. Click on the icon to claim the new girl..

11. Castle Summoning Ceremony (招城儀式, shoujou gishiki)
    [+] Spoiler

Use this feature to obtain castles girls of rarity ★3 or greater, by consuming spirit orbs(霊珠, reitama).
    Unlike castle construction, the girl is obtained instantly and are more likely to be of higher rarity.
    The chance of getting girls of various rarity may change. Please click on the "castle summoning details" (招城詳細, shoujou shousai) button on the screen before summoning.

12. Log-In Bonus (ログインボーナス)
    [+] Spoiler

You can get a log-in bonus once every day. You can receive game items here. The log-in bonus is refreshed every day at 5AM JST.
    If you would like to view the log-in bonuses for the month, please click on the "other"(その他, sono hoka) button on the menu and then click on log-in bonus(ログインボーナス) tab.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)
    The guide is complete. The in-game guide actually failed to mention a few game mechanics such as stamina gating. I would just like to make a few clarifications.
    Spirit (気,ki) is the resource used to place your units and other things. It is regenerated in battle.
    Spirit Power (霊力, reiryoku) is the term they use for stamina. It's consumed whenever you enter a map.
    Spirit Orb (霊珠, reitama) is is the term they use for the item that recovers your stamina. It is also used for other game functions. I believe it's the equivalent of "gems" or "diamonds" in most gacha games.

Rep
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    In section 2.0 for the HP description
    cannot be placed on the battlefield for a certain amount of it.
    it should read
    cannot be placed on the battlefield for a certain amount of time.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Folseus View Post
    In section 2.0 for the HP description

it should read
    cannot be placed on the battlefield for a certain amount of time.
    Thank you! It's fixed.

Rep
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    To be more in-line with how you laid out the guide, it would be nice to add next to the stat in the /2. Castle Girls the kanji next to each stats, like 回復 and all.
    It could probably be completed in other ways as well, but since it aims to simply translate the in-game guide that's not needed. I guess a wiki for the RE version might arise anyway~

Rep
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)
    @Wiic369 Thanks for the suggestion. The texts are now added.

A wiki already exists. Just google ShiroProRe wikia and you should find it. Feel free to use that instead.

IGN
    Trickster
    Server
    Palau Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3103 Post(s)
    This is rater useful. I could wish for a list of those stratagem skills if possible.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dandan550 View Post
    This is rater useful. I could wish for a list of those stratagem skills if possible.
    Sure. I don't have all the girls yet but I can copy something off the various JP wikis. It shouldn't take too long. The onlt problem is that I will be in a meeting soon and I won't be back for a few hours. But I should be able to finish it quick once I get to it.

I originally meant this as an emergency guide for English players who want to play immediately. But a poster above mentioned that "there will be a wiki anyway" so I have been reluctant to put too much effort into these lists, because it seems that people much prefer the wiki than the forum.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dandan550 View Post
    The translations are up. http://himeuta.org/showthread.php?73...376#post970376

I'll also work on a table for skills later.

Rep
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    I read the Gameplay Guide and I saw this: "Castle girls with rarity ★3 and above have the options to use "stratagem"". It seems not every 3* and above girls has stratagem, since 2 of my 4* doesn't have it...

Missing kanmusu:
    Asashimo, Taihou, Musashi, Graf, Kazagumo, Mikuma, Oyashio