Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Summer event 2017 has started. Check out the patch thread for more information and discussion.
Bookmark Thread
    Lieutenant
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Unread posts button doesn't aways show

Hopefully fairly self explanatory, but sometimes when visiting the site, if there have been new posts, the yellow forum icon that indicates new unread posts does appear, but when looking at the forum itself, the little round 'Goto first unread post' button which indicates new posts is sometimes missing from the list of threads themselves if there has been new posts.

I'm wondering if this is a bug or an adjusted setting with this feature in the new forums, as it always seemed to work properly in the old one.

LSC Successes: Maruyu 23/6/15, Akitsu Maru 1/7/15, Bismarck 6/7/15, Taihou 10/9/15
    LSC Failure Count: 23

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    I'm having the same problem as well. There's some delay with mentions (maybe quotes) showing up. Overall, the new system (with toolbar popup) doesn't work well for me either. Sometimes I get the popup, sometimes I don't. Missed a few replies. :< Frankly, I like the old notification system a LOT better. Request that the old system be reinstated if possible.

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Lieutenant
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    This issue had disappeared for a while, but now its back in full force. Yellow forum icons indicating unread posts, but no button to go to the first unread post.

LSC Successes: Maruyu 23/6/15, Akitsu Maru 1/7/15, Bismarck 6/7/15, Taihou 10/9/15

IGN
    クロノマイスタ
    Server
    Tawi Tawi
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2340 Post(s)
    Noted. Now I gotta figure out what it looked like before cause I wasnt paying attention....

When was the last time you noticed it before it disappeared? I can try to find stuff that changed since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilya Bryzgalov
    it's only.. it's only game. Y U heff 2 B mad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herm Edwards

Lieutenant
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Would have been Sunday UTC that I noticed that it had disappeared, although a few times it did appear. Yesterday it was gone completely. I was thinking it might have been a caching issue on my end, but clearing my cache doesn't seem to have helped.

Today, it has shown up, and as of this post, it has appeared on the GCT thread several times, so it currently seems to be working.

*edit*
    And its back.

Last edited by Setakat; 05-25-2016 at 01:35 AM.

Lieutenant
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    This issue has been back in force since Monday. Has there been any recent changes to the forum configuration? (I'm actually starting to think this maybe something specific to my account...)