Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The Yura K2 patch maintenance has started and will end around 7pm JST. Check out the patch thread for more information and discussion.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1529 Post(s)

Rep
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    @Kalinsre Is your account infected or something?

I don't think your picture is related to this topic. I don't get it.

Last edited by Moeflyer; 04-19-2016 at 01:19 AM.

IGN
    Trickster
    Server
    Palau Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2843 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalinsre View Post
    WTH? Who made that lmao

Lord Paramount of the High Gardens. [Flower Knights pomf'ed: 115]
    Flower Knight Girl ID: 221329971 (DMM)
    Shiratsuyu-Girls:
    Shiratsuyu, Shigure, Murasame, Yuudachi, Harusame, Samidare, Umikaze, Yamakaze, Kawakaze, Suzukaze

Rep
    Mentioned
    1529 Post(s)
    @dandan550 It was made a long time ago actually(2 years ago?). Though a fleet anime with "high school" in it didn't come about until now.

Rep
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    @firemagnet You're telling me
    This was the moment I was like "she's my favourite!"
    https://youtu.be/C8G1XoCmGbM
    that sweet sweet semaphore
    (I don't know how to embed properly Orz)

Last edited by p0nche; 04-19-2016 at 01:36 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalinsre View Post
    @dandan550 It was made a long time ago actually(2 years ago?). Though a fleet anime with "high school" in it didn't come about until now.
    Oh I see. But this anime turns out to be "Girls und Kriegsschiff", and it looks more like "the Kanmusus become ship fairies" too. (Error-Musume be the skipper).

So what do you guys guess what will happen next in Episode 3?

1. It's a trap set by the conspirators who framed Harekaze go mutiny. They are using Musashi as a bait to sink Harekaze or put her and her crews into custody.

2. Musashi is really under attack by the conspirators or other unknown forces just like the Admiral Graf Spee. The crews of Musashi are too inexperienced to operate this behemoth and panicking.

3. Other opinions (please state)

And I hope to see more foreign ships! If it featured Admiral Graf Spee, I'm looking forward to see American or British warships!

Last edited by Moeflyer; 04-19-2016 at 01:55 AM.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    996 Post(s)
    @Moeflyer: FYI - discussed this in the Spring Anime thread. Personally, I'm not impressed with the show at this point. It's OK, but has multiple issues. To me this is straight up Girls und Kriegsschiffs - GuP with ships instead of tanks (BTW, I've read Japanese Destroyer Captain and IMO this ain't it). It's a bit more serious than GuP with the whole mutiny plot line, but a LOT of the presentation is the same as GuP down to comedy style including "pop-up screens" like we saw in Ep. 01. BTW, I'm a big GuP fan and also like Strike Witches (i.e. shows with WWII + girls hook).

So somewhat more serious, but it's not THAT serious. There was just about as much excitement about curry for dinner as there was when they ran into Graf Spee. There's a lot of "comedy" (which isn't working for me here, but comedy's subjective) interjected with battles at times (e.g. nicknames being discussed while they are being shelled in Ep. 01, or one girl covering the helmgirl's eyes in Ep. 02). on top of other "comedy" moments (e.g. that one girl's fantasies). Heck. the small boat in which the girl is fleeing the Graf Spree is barely missed by a shell, blowing it out of the water and she's just knocked out - not a scratch on her otherwise. That being said, it is more serious (or tries to be) than GuP which IMO leads to issues with "comedy" & "serious" integration.

Again, only Ep. 02 so plenty of time for improvement. Issues aside, WWII "hook" and the mutiny plot is interesting enough to keep me around. As for next Ep. 3 with Musashi - could go either way: (A) Actually in dire straights/emergency for some reason, or (B) it's a ruse to capture the Harekaze. If I had to bet, I'd say it's the former, but not sure why Musashi would be in trouble.

Last edited by goesto11; 04-19-2016 at 03:47 AM.
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Rep
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    I honestly can say that this show deserved it's own thread, since you know guys where in Himeuta and all of that... but yeah, I do enjoy the show but I also feel that it's trying really hard to become GuP 2 or something even better and so far... it's not doing a good job, at least the twists are really good but I'm expecting really stupid deus ex machinas in the future because these kind of animes are filled with them.

But I'm really sure that we will see nice surprises, character development and such and it will make the show even better in later episodes hopefuly so we just need to wait and see.

Rep
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I hate how intentionally ambiguous they were with the ending scene, as below
    [+] Spoiler
    Maybe I'm just reading too much into it but I couldn't quite pinpoint my guess as to if its a set-up or not. Her reddened face, the sweat, the somewhat stressed breathing yet somewhat calm demenor, the slight shake of her hand (is she nervous? is she really distressed?). Okay maybe I am, but I like Moeka and the Musashi too much that I want it to be an actual distress call and not conspirator plot tools

IGN
    Trickster
    Server
    Palau Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2843 Post(s)
    @p0nche to me it is either she is asking for help or it is a trap.

There is so much conspiracy-theory right at the beginning... I wish we know more about the overall of the setting in that show.

Anyway I've seen their official site and saw the overall of the Crew of the Harekaze:
    Each of them had a role, so I guess they'll all had their screentime from time to time. (Earning more love from fans)

I'll need some help in TL of course for identification of the girl's roles

The Bridge, of course those who had played/watched too many naval-related games would know this.
    [+] Spoiler

This girls are probably tasked in handling the ship's weaponry.
    [+] Spoiler

Despite of the name in the site, "Institution" to me I think they're the maintenance crew... As seen that in most scenes they're mostly in the Engine Room. The last 3 are seen checking the damage of the ship's aft(?) so I guess their job also serves as the Damage Control Crew.
    [+] Spoiler

The site says their task is navigation related. The megane (who is probably far-sighted) serves as the ships Lookout.
    [+] Spoiler

This girls are always present inside of the ship and "important". 3 of them are the ship's Mess Crew, the other is the doctor and the one... Probably serves to inspect the ships storage?
    [+] Spoiler

Mascot not included :^)

Last edited by dandan550; 04-19-2016 at 08:34 AM.

Lord Paramount of the High Gardens. [Flower Knights pomf'ed: 115]
    Flower Knight Girl ID: 221329971 (DMM)
    Shiratsuyu-Girls:
    Shiratsuyu, Shigure, Murasame, Yuudachi, Harusame, Samidare, Umikaze, Yamakaze, Kawakaze, Suzukaze