Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Fall event Maint will start on 17th Nov. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      New Forum "Azur Lane" has been added to User Suggested Forums
Bookmark Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    Rep
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    @dandan550

It was extremely generic and poorly executed. Characterization was "meh" at best. Girls und Panzer did it so much better.

IGN
    Trickster
    Server
    Palau Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3103 Post(s)
    @firemagnet perhaps because the storyline wasn't deep as I've seen since the 1st episode. I do had nothing to say on the girls but then again this is just the season 1 so it's kinda hard to reveal every girl in the Harukaze aside the main cast for their personality... Maron was lucky to had her own episode...

Lord Paramount of the High Gardens. [Flower Knights pomf'ed: 140]
    Flower Knight Girl ID: 221329971 (DMM)
    Shiratsuyu-Girls:
    Shiratsuyu, Shigure, Murasame, Yuudachi, Harusame, Samidare, Umikaze, Yamakaze, Kawakaze, Suzukaze

Rep
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    @firemagnet I remember that I read somewhere that the guys behind the anime tried to make the "second GuP" with Haifuri... yet they failed completely. I mean its not a bad anime but its not that good as well... as you said, GuP did a better job in terms of characters and overall plot. Some parts in Haifuri were really forced, the plot wasn't clear and there are still many holes left in the air, but at least I can say that the battles were at least decent with the "best" episodes comming right at the end of the anime... and that kinda irked me since the vast majority of the GuP episodes were really good.

But oh well, you can't please everyone so if this show gets indeed an S2 then I'll be praying for it to be so much better than the first one, because it can totally happen unless they repeat the same mistakes or they end up making a whole new kind of mess.

I'm also kinda pissed that they didn't give the MILF a chance to shine and make a new lenged... still I love her face right at the end during the sinking scene, she was like crying out: "I AIN'T GONNA PAY FOR THAT!" XDDD

Last edited by Kranesh; 06-26-2016 at 01:31 PM.

IGN
    Trickster
    Server
    Palau Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3103 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kranesh View Post
    I'm also kinda pissed that they didn't give the MILF a chance to shine and make a new lenged... still I love her face right at the end during the sinking scene, she was like crying out: "I AIN'T GONNA PAY FOR THAT!" XDDD
    That wouldn't be cool if she take the spotlight when her students do it.

Yeah I just hope if S2 happen they'll improve it

Lord Paramount of the High Gardens. [Flower Knights pomf'ed: 140]
    Flower Knight Girl ID: 221329971 (DMM)
    Shiratsuyu-Girls:
    Shiratsuyu, Shigure, Murasame, Yuudachi, Harusame, Samidare, Umikaze, Yamakaze, Kawakaze, Suzukaze

Rep
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    @dandan550 Haifuri really has tons of potential to become something really good and epic, I'm pretty sure S2 will give us improvement in many aspects. Also don't you think that it would have been cooler if MILF tried to save the day, only to be caught in a pinch and then the Harekaze had to come to rescue her? WIN WIN situation for everyone XDDD

Rep
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kranesh View Post
    @dandan550 Haifuri really has tons of potential to become something really good and epic, I'm pretty sure S2 will give us improvement in many aspects. Also don't you think that it would have been cooler if MILF tried to save the day, only to be caught in a pinch and then the Harekaze had to come to rescue her? WIN WIN situation for everyone XDDD
    No indication of S2. I suspect the series wasn't watched enough.

Rep
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    @firemagnet Huh... didn't someone said in this thread before that the studio hinted something about it?

Rep
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    @Kranesh

Don't know.

Rep
    Mentioned
    4753 Post(s)
    @firemagnet But they determine if a show gets a continuation based on BD sales though. Though those weren't great either.

Rep
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    I finished it yesterday, and i enjoyed this show, defintely.

The story was bad, the scenario simple, the explanations quite hazardous (what the hell with these "rats" !?). But the ambiance was quietful, the battle scenes were good, the characters simple but still interesting. It was restful to watch the episode each weak, since i had no exceptations about it.

Personnaly, i would definitely need this kind of anime each season.

I will miss you, Harekaze and her crew (especially Mashiro ! <3)

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/11/63/99/79/wi3nav11.png
    Thanks to @Neskape for this signature !
    Many thanks to @Fuda ! Regulars GCT are wonderful !