Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Fall event Maint will start on 17th Nov. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      New Forum "Azur Lane" has been added to User Suggested Forums
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4753 Post(s)
    @Kranesh I can't even remember if there was a male in the game they were making.

Rep
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Planetarian is awesome. Even with being the web series, it's the really excellent adaptation of the novel, sasuga Jojo staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kranesh View Post
    Also, love the fact that there's no male character in the show so far, not even in the background XDD
    It's Kirara of the Season, what do you expected?

Doing all things for the Sixth and Sixty-First Destroyer Division girls.
    I don't want to go grinding. I want plumping. Want to come to the Orel Sea, get drunk with the local Ru-class battleships, and that they're stuffed nose to my kanmusu for the thing about destroyers come in large numbers. Fight, plump, destroyers on the pump.

Rep
    Mentioned
    4753 Post(s)
    I've gotten through the first batch of this season's pickings. So here are my initial thoughts.

Must Watch:
    Relife - The pace of this show is mach speed but that just makes it all the better. Interestingly they released the entire season at once so I'll get back once I've watched more than the first episode. But all in all, the first episode was interesting with characters that draw you in and dialogue that makes you chuckle.

Amaama to Inazuma - You can see hints of Barakamon and Usagi Drop in this show. It's neat that they got a kid to play the kid, lends it an authentic feel. The animation is good and you can really see the emotions on the character's faces. The show really lays on the drama underneath the bright and sunny exterior. I just can't wait to see how this goes.

Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara - Foodgasms return. Honestly, if you liked the first season, you're going to like this one. Same thing applies, shounen hot blood along with hot girls. If you like shounen, this is the show for you. The character designs are really good and distinctive too.

Orange - This is a shoujo show and I really like the premise. A girl is receiving letters from her future self who lays out her regrets. The girl now goes through high school acting to fix those regrets. It's a story about first love and growing up. While I know that doesn't sound very original, the first episode gave me confidence that this will be pretty well executed.

Taboo-Tattoo - The premise isn't terribly interesting but the fights are amazingly animated. You can really feel the weight behind the blows. The fights are also not hyper speed like most fights in anime so you can really see them move. The characters are also pretty entertaining, especially the white haired chick. Looking forward to see where this one goes.

Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya Drei!! - Even more loli yuri shenanigans. Things are starting to get darker and more serious as befitting a Fate show now though. Do pick up this show and watch the previous seasons to get you up to speed on what's going on. It's a magical girl show that starts off as a comedy but then gets darker as the seasons progress.

New Game! - Prepare for moe overload. The character design in this show is so cute, you'll get diabetes from the first episode alone. The good part is, it doesn't go straight into depending on moe to carry the show. The personalities are funny and the girls actually do the job they were hired to do. It's a bit of slice of life in an office environment, something we don't see everyday.

Worth A Watch:
    Fukigen na Mononokean - The show reminds me a bit of XXX-holic. A normal guy who gets thrown into the world of the supernatural. The first episode shows the MC coming to terms with the fact that not all supernatural beings are out to get humans. I have a feeling this will turn into a sort of monster of the week thing and I'm fine with that. I'd like to see how the MC grows with each encounter. It helps that the characters have pretty interesting personalities.

Berserk - Despite all the flak that this show is getting, I don't really see what is too bad about the first episode. The CG can look bad to some people, but I've watched Ajin and Sidonia so it doesn't really bother me. I notice a few of the complaints seem to stem from manga readers but having never read the manga, I'd say that Berserk's first episode stands fine. Guts is a mysterious badass swordsman and the episode leaves you wanting to know more about him. The action is also pretty well animated despite being CG.

Love Live! Sunshine!! - This show has hit all the right buttons for an idol show. Cute girls; funny and interesting personalities; and nice music. Comparisons with the old cast are inevitable but aside from Honoka and Kotori, and maybe Maki, there aren't any other direct analogues. It does feel like a bit of a reboot with the girls having to start from square 1, including a bit of a fight against a reluctant student council. This is a series that will depend heavily on the execution to not feel like a cheap ripoff. So far, it is succeeding.

Days - A sports anime with a twist. The MC is completely incompetent and all he has going for him is guts and an unbreakable spirit. You just find yourself cheering for the MC and hoping that he succeeds. The first episode is really rough on him as he plays and trains to the point of injury. You'll watch this show to see how he grows into a proper soccer player.

Cheer Danshi!! - This is another sports anime this season. This one is focused on male cheerleaders. Now before you dismiss this as yaoi bait, the first episode was pretty good. The plotline appears to be following an athlete that lost his drive because of an injury as he finds new meaning in his life along with his best friend and new companions. With that as a backdrop, they set out to build a male cheerleading team to take part in competitions.

Arslan Senki: Fuujin Ranbu - Arslan returns with more of the same quality and intrigue. The first episode really turns up the heat as more sides enter the war for the throne. You know who's going to win in the end but right now, how he wins is totally up in the air. The CG used in the grand battles is still pretty bad but otherwise, the animation is fluid and a treat to watch.

Tsukiuta. The Animation - If there ever was a male idol cash in that could be as good as IM@S, this is it. Instead of a bunch of hot men trying to chase the tail of a single girl, we have guys actually being idols. The first episode managed to showcase some of the personalities in the idol group as the interacted with one fan. Now if they can keep this up without devolving into yaoi bait, this will be a pretty good show to watch.

To Pass The Time:
    D.Gray-man Hallow - It's been way too long since the last D.Gray-man and the first episode doesn't offer enough exposition to bring you back up to speed and fill in the gaps. It just leaves you hanging and it doesn't make you understand the importance of some characters before killing them off. I left the first episode not knowing the stakes, or why the hell I should even care about the MC being corrupted. Stuff which would've been explained in the first season. This leaves it kind of feeling disjointed.

Fudanshi Koukou Seikatsu - I'm watching this only because of the amusing premise and the funny dialogue. I expect a lot of soapboxing about how 'reading yaoi doesn't make you gay' and a lot of denial and misunderstandings.

Servamp - I really can't see anything that special about this show. The interactions can get a bit funny and over the top at times but something about it feels really bland. The characters don't appear to have much depth to them for now but I'll keep watching just to see how it goes because I'm hearing good things about the manga.

Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars - There's only one good thing about this show and it is the mecha battles. Otherwise the characterisation just falls flat. It looks as if this show is going to try and survive just on mecha and yuri pandering. I do not have high hopes of how far it will go with just that.

Tales of Zestiria: The Cross - Animation can feel a bit... off at times when it comes to the CG. Still, it's ufotable animating it so you can expect good things when it comes to the actual animation. The first episode didn't really go anywhere but I'm still willing to continue watching it because I want to see if this becomes good like Shingeki no Bahamut.

Stay Away:
    Rewrite - The show left me feeling so lost. I have no idea what the hell is going on, nor did the show give me any reason to care what is going on.

Hatsukoi Monster - Talk about stupid premises. A high school girl that looks 14 going out with a grade school boy that looks 18. If that isn't enough to get you to nope out of this shit, his friends all look 18 as well. Something about seeing what appears to be young adults acting like children just makes you feel like you're watching a bunch of retarded kids.

B-Project: Kodou Ambitious - So a plain but somehow exceptional girl will have an entire idol group fighting over her affections. It's a reverse harem and it is just as bad as it sounds.

Masou Gakuen HxH - If ever there was rock bottom for the harem genre, I think we've found it. Absolutely just full of pandering shit and the MC has to grope and fondle girls to power them up. At least slutmai had better animation to save it compared to this crap.

Scared Rider Xechs - I have a feeling that this show is trying to be a symphogear ripoff to pander to girls. I heard that it was based off an otome game so that's one suspicion confirmed. It might turn out to be ok despite me not being in the target market but so far, it's kind of boring.

Ozmafia!! - What the fuck did I just watch.

2016/07/18 UPDATE:
    Must Watch:
    91 Days - I really like the setup and atmosphere of this. Then again, I said the same of Gangsta so I'm apprehensive of this one too. It opens a bit slowly but you get to see the personalities and motivations of a bunch of characters. It looks like it's going to be a wild gangster show that is more down to earth. Hopefully there won't be stupid supernatural elements.

Battery - This is a more subdued sports anime. It looks like it will lean more towards the character drama side of things. That isn't bad, but I prefer my sports anime to have more hot blood. If that is your thing though, definitely give this a go. Nevertheless, it looks like it will be fun to see the two mains play off each other.

Amanchu! - I didn't realise this was from the creator of Aria until after I finished the first episode. As I was watching all I could think of was 'this is Aria'. I absolutely loved Aria and I am highly anticipating what they do again for Amanchu. The characters and facial expressions are funny and it still has that floaty quality about their antics. This could be the comfort show for this season.

Worth A Watch:
    Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan (2016) - I think the best description of this show would be 'Gintama' with a lot less 4th wall breaking. The premise is so stupid and retarded but yet I can't stop watching. It's really fast paced and the first episode alone goes along about 3 separate stories. Definitely one to keep an eye on if you like stupid comedies.

Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume - I'm expecting this to be a philosophical anime. It's also pretty melancholy and the atmosphere feels very lonely. The production values are top notch. Pity that it's only a 5 episode show.

Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! - This is a pretty standard comedy. It's executed well enough and should get a few laughs but nothing stands out at the moment. It's a fun show to watch and will keep you entertained.

Ange Vierge - A cross between Strike Witches and Wixoss, only this time focusing on the actual battling bit and less on the character interactions. They did get a whole bunch of S-class VAs to do the show so that is a plus for people who like to follow VAs. The character designs are pretty good but the personalities are really cookie cutter right now. The premise feels like a low budget Strike Witches x Magic: The Gathering ripoff. But even though the girls spend a majority of the episode in the nude, it all comes together and makes the show watchable. Definitely my go-to fanservice show of the season and miles better than the trash called HxH.

To Pass The Time:
    Mob Psycho 100 - The character design leaves a lot to be desired but the animation is good and smooth. I can't say I was very impressed with the personalities on exhibit. The MC is cringey and really irritating but amusing once you get past that. The titular character is an emotionless superman and it seems they're trying something new on the One Punch formula. Time will tell whether this will rise to be as good as OPM.

Qualidea Code - My opinion of this show increased some after it became clear that it probably isn't some shitty harem. Unfortunately, it appears as if it is going to be some mediocre shounen. Some of the characters are entertaining though so give it a chance. I'll continue to watch it to see if it rises up to it's potential.

Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei Bu Love! Love! - This is more of the same. If you've seen the first season, you'll know what to expect. If you haven't, then this is a mahou shounen show. It has everything you expect from a typical mahou shoujo show, except all the cute girls are now pretty boys. The main boy is still so high strung that it is irritating but thankfully, he seems to have a smaller role this time around.

Handa-kun - There hasn't been a wall so thoroughly smashed like the 4th wall in this show since the Berlin Wall. The fact that this is supposed to be a prequel to Barakamon somehow makes the whole thing worse. I can handle stupid retarded comedies but having such a good SOL show have this as a followup makes me really sad. Especially when they turn up the meme level of the titular Handa to Sakamoto levels. Made even worse by the fact that he doesn't do anything particularly outstanding like Sakamoto does.

Hitori no Shita: The Outcast - This show is unusual in that it's set in China and made for a Chinese audience. Hearing the names spoken in Japanese but the subs translating them to the actual Chinese names is jarring but a minor nitpick. Overall, it looks like a pretty standard vampire/zombie hunting show with nothing really special.

Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin - The first episode didn't leave me too interested in what follows but the ending hook got me piqued. I want to see how the MC becomes 'The Lazy General. The character designs didn't really appeal to me and the personalities appear to be really by the book. So overall, the show feels like nothing special. Just your standard adventure anime.

Active Raid: Kidou Kyoushuushitsu Dai Hachi Gakari - 2nd - I really didn't think this show needed a 2nd season. But now that it's out, I can already feel the premise wearing thin. If you are into super sentai shows, then the show is still a decent one from that genre but it doesn't really do anything special. The plot feels like a retread of the 1st season with the team chasing some mysterious terrorists around. The suit designs are nice though.

Stay Away:
    Time Travel Shoujo: Mari Waka to 8-nin no Kagakusha-tachi - God the premise behind the show is so convoluted I could barely make it through the first episode. It looks to be a really forced history lesson with historical figures as handsome men.

Last edited by Leyana; 07-18-2016 at 06:17 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    @Leyana Thanks for the summary and first impressions.

Honestly, i'm not very inspirated by the animes of this season, maybe i could give a try to Taboo-Tattoo and Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars (for Mechas !), then continue watching Fate/Kaleid.. But this season leaves me a void, it misses something, i can't describe what.

In last season, i have some good surprises (Kabaneri made me fall, and Haifuri was cool to follow) but i don't feel the same for this one. Even the synopsis or first ep of the ones i wrote just above do not inspirate me so far... But we will see, and autumn could be more interesting ! Just wait and, of course, see (or watch !)

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/11/63/99/79/wi3nav11.png
    Thanks to @Neskape for this signature !
    Many thanks to @Fuda ! Regulars GCT are wonderful !

Rep
    Mentioned
    4753 Post(s)
    @HaganeNoKaze There's quite a lot of good ones though. Go check out the 'Must Watch' ones if nothing else.

IGN
    Murrue
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1541 Post(s)
    @HaganeNoKaze You should try Re: Zero

Rep
    Mentioned
    1080 Post(s)
    Re:Zero ep 15

This show has always been creepy and depressing, but this episode took it all the way up to 11 100. Like... Fuck. That's the only word I can think of.

I've only watched the first ep of Amaama, New Game! and Handa-kun so far, but they all seem pretty good.
    -Amaama is pretty much everything I was expecting it to be. Similar to Usagi Drop and Barakamon, but it definitely has a somewhat darker tone due to the main characters' situation. Definitely think this going to be the "feels" show of the season.
    -New Game is Shirobako with video games, and I have to admit that the first episode hooked me better than the first ep of Shirobako did. I do have to raise an eyebrow at the complete lack of male character though.
    -The first half of Handa-kun was kinda meh, but the second part had me in stitches at some points. I had some initial doubts, but if the rest of the show is like the second half of the first ep then it's going to be glorious. Definitely recommended if you liked Barakamon.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

Rep
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Still have a few to try but so far it feels bland.
    Amaama to Inazuma
    I have no clue what this show is trying to be but I find it depressing. The girl looks almost identical to Hoppou, will keep watching.
    Bananya
    Why am I doing this to myself?: the show. will drop.
    Berserk
    FINALLY we left Griffith behind and it's time for the best arcs. Too bad the cg looks horrid. Sidonia was good, Ajin was decent, the Bersek movies were okay, but this is as bad as it gets. I'll keep watching because I consider this to be the pinnacle but still. I can't believe the ps2 game is the best thing that came out of Berserk to this day.
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!!
    I have a feeling this will end before the real fun begins. Unless it's 24 or 36 eps long. Too invested to stop in any case.
    Love Live! Sunshine!!
    So far it's better than Honk's run. I'm impressed. It's really the only summer anime I'm excited about.
    Mob Psycho 100
    It's a strange and different show, ugly yet beautiful. Refreshing and oddly well made. Will keep watching.
    Taboo Tattoo
    The 1st episode had really great animation but there was none of that in ep2, I fear it was just the hook. I might drop it if ep3 doesn't deliver.

I have Danganronpa 3, 91 days, New Game!, Masou Gakuen, and Relife to try. Plus whatever catches my attention as usual, and of course shows still running from last season.

Yuudachi, Satsuki, Ikazuchi, Tone.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1080 Post(s)
    Yep, I won't survive this show.

Also

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

IGN
    illyrin
    Server
    Sukumo Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    907 Post(s)
    @Mobius Episode 15 of Re: Zero was awesome. I wish it ended right there at the credits.

[+] Spoiler
    The witch let him live just long enough for him to realize he'd fucked it all up and it was all bad because of his stupidity would have been the best ending. Then his head fell off, not that he ever used it. Even better, he was holding Rem, his co-conspirator in idiocy because she's that horrible moe-archetype who at this point is the biggest enabler of Subaru's idiocy with her unconditional love and support for him. At least Emilia finally got fed up with antics and told him off, so now it's time for otaku (and Subaru, judging from the OP) to jump ship to the unquestioning slavegirl, Rem.

Of course, now he's back to continue being an idiot because he always reverts to his old methods when he comes back, feeling ever more sorry for himself.

Last edited by illyrin; 07-14-2016 at 12:43 PM.