Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Bookmark Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4361 Post(s)
    @illyrin Not even nudity. What a ripoff.

IGN
    Murrue
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1455 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyana View Post
    @illyrin So the sudden shift to the demon eater chick threw everyone for a loop including fans?

But I forgive it a bit because the chick was hawt.
    Demon hunter girl appears in the opening since ep 1, you can see her jumping on Sorey.

Rep
    Mentioned
    4361 Post(s)
    @Murrue Didn't notice that. Should go back and take a look.

But wow what the hell. The MC in Battery is a little uppity shit.

IGN
    Murrue
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1455 Post(s)
    @Leyana Around 2min 10 at ep 1.

Rep
    Mentioned
    874 Post(s)
    Re Zero 23
    [+] Spoiler
    Damn, even Madoka can't compete with that level of despair. Poor Subaru just can't catch a break, even when he does everything right.
    That being said, I think he might not be dead. They didn't show his death at the end of the episode, and fingers can use the unseen hands. I'm going to assume that Beltegueuse used them to stop the sword

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

IGN
    ことなの
    Server
    Iwagawa Breakfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    7706 Post(s)
    @Mobius They did that purposely
    [+] Spoiler
    to continure RE:cliffhanger#

If they showed it any further we'd either already know what happens; you see where his 'spawn point' is, a huge "what will happen if he dies right now" question being spoilt. Another is, they get to play 'is he even dead' card. Both are pretty large cliffhangers to end on.

Last edited by KotoNano; 09-06-2016 at 05:48 PM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    4361 Post(s)
    Qualidea is turning out to be quite interesting. Heading into Matrix territory now.

Rep
    Mentioned
    874 Post(s)
    Re Zero 24
    [+] Spoiler
    Welp, guess I was wrong about Beltegueuse stopping the sword with his unseen hands.

Also, holy fucking shit reddit you're killing me

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

Rep
    Mentioned
    4361 Post(s)
    Just finished summer's anime and not a moment too soon.

Anime of the Season:
    Mob Psycho 100 - I must say this show has exceeded my expectations. The first episode really dampened my enthusiasm but once Reigen started appearing sparingly, the show improved massively. The animation style is fantastic and the characters are interesting. The One Punch Man-ish story is great too. Though my one complaint are the random Reigen interludes that interrupt the story for no apparent reason. But man are the fights amazingly animated. Definitely one for the classics list.

Must Watch:
    New Game! - Despite being just a standard moe fanservice show, it manages to execute it to a T. The characters are cute and funny and you really start to care about them. The character design for that matter is great. It does give a brief, if sugar coated, view into the working conditions of game devs but that isn't the point of the show. Just watch this for the quirky cast as they work towards finishing a game.

Relife - Just copying and pasting what I wrote since the entire show aired at the start of the season. The pace of this show is mach speed but that just makes it all the better. Interestingly they released the entire season at once so I'll get back once I've watched more than the first episode. But all in all, the first episode was interesting with characters that draw you in and dialogue that makes you chuckle.

91 Days - This show is a great gangster drama set in the middle of the Prohibition. It's set around a fictional city but all the beats of a proper revenge story is there. Complete with heartbreaking and tense moments too. The show really nailed the atmosphere and at times you wonder if the MC is really going to go through with his revenge. Then it all comes to a head when you see the MC pull off a brilliant quadruple cross and just fuck over everyone because he really wants to watch the world burn.

Love Live! Sunshine!! - It's hard not to compare this to the original Love Live, but Sunshine manages to stand on it's own easily. Can't help but see shades of the original cast in this one and Honoka will always be Honoka but the characters are different and interesting enough. The story follows the same beats but takes it in a different enough direction for it to be engaging. Though, it took way too long for the 3rd years to come on board. Sunrise proving that they've still got the touch to making a good idol show.

Saiki Kusuo no Sainan (2016) - The style of this show reminds me strongly of Gintama. Both the artwork and humour will trigger strong de ja vu if you've watched Gintama. I must say that the show is absolutely hilarious. The humour is offbeat and the 5 min format really allows the humour to shine.

Amanchu! - I really like where they took this show. Then again, I really liked Aria as well. It's meandering and it's slow but it just feels so relaxing. The OP really gets you into the mood to enjoy the show too. It puts weird faces to good use to enhance the comedy of the scene. Also, you get the Aria feel of watching a complete newbie slowly grow. Though the MC this time is a lot more shy and not as outgoing as Akari.

Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin - I must say this show was a surprise for me. On the first couple of episodes, it comes off as your standard fantasy tripe. But it really picks up and turns into a pretty good war story. Lots of philosophy about the nature of war and of what it means to be a soldier mixed with a little bit of tradition vs practicality. But it's not all boring speeches. There's a strong focus on strategy and brutal combat too.

Worth A Watch:
    Fukigen na Mononokean - To me, this feels like a cheaper copy of Natsume Yuujinchou. It's still a pretty good watch, but not really amazing enough to be a must watch. It's mostly watching how the two characters handle the current problem of the week and seeing them grapple with their respective dramas. It's still a decently entertaining show though so give it a shot.

Battery - This is a sports anime with a heavy emphasis on the character drama instead of the sport. I must say my main bugbear that is preventing me from rating this show higher is the MC being a selfish little annoying cunt. Aside from that little speedbump, the rest of the characters are pretty well fleshed out with plenty of underlying conflicts to keep the drama going.

Amaama to Inazuma - A pretty good father-daughter story all things considered. It's a nice little relaxing romp through the ups and downs of raising a kid with cooking as a bonding activity. I like the characters and whoever did the VA for the daughter pulls off being a convincing child. It's nice, if slightly creepy, the way the student joins in and they form an unofficial family unit. Otherwise a pretty nice show.

Arslan Senki: Fuujin Ranbu - Things have really heated up with this instalment of Arslan and events are rapidly coming to a head. Unfortunately, the show cuts short which stops me from putting this up as a must watch. I'd say pick this up if you've watched the first two, but you lose nothing waiting for the next season and watching it then to prevent blue balls.

Berserk - For all the complaints about the animation style and how the show has been 'ruined forever', the new season of Berserk manages to be a solid action show. Guts serves more as a force of nature to keep the plot moving along while the character development happens to the supporting cast. It's interesting to see deeply held beliefs being questioned as they come to face with supernatural horrors. The payoff comes when you see Guts just tearing into things with his big fuck off sword.

Qualidea Code - You'd expect this to be your bog standard harem anime from the first episode, but you couldn't be more wrong. It certainly starts off like one but starts off down a different route by the 3rd episode. It then pulls a Yuuki Yuuna and leads you on to a final battle. I must say the conversations between the characters, especially the Chiba pair, were pretty well done. You wouldn't even know it was a collaboration between three authors unless you were told.

Days - Now this is a sports anime with a heavier emphasis on the sport itself. It's pretty solid as a sports anime but it doesn't really get your blood boiling like Yowamushi or Haikyuu. I feel that is because the characters in the spotlight are really chill and the MC's hot bloodedness is tempered by coming off as a limp wristed newbie. I must say that this show has delivered the hidden best girl this season though. Definitely give this a shot if you like sports anime.

Orange - This show is a pretty decent coming of age drama with a slight twist. All in all, it was a pretty good drama seeing all of them struggle with themselves in order to save a friend from depression. They payoff at the end was satisfying if a bit bittersweet. You get so caught up in the drama that you don't really pay attention to anything else.

Cheer Danshi!! - Yet another sports anime that falls short on getting the blood going. But this one walks a nice medium between showing the sport itself and letting character drama play out. With 16 members in the main cast, boy is there a lot of drama to play out. Fortunately, not every member of the cast has baggage but it is still nice to see all of them grow as a person and then come together as a team in the end.

Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya Drei!! - Just more of the same Ilya and it is still entertaining. There's less comedy this time but it makes up for it with lots of action. Especially in the form of huge set-piece battles. You'll want to pick this one up if you've watched the first few seasons.

Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume - This is one of those short and deep shows that try to take you through the human condition. The show just throws you into the story with no explanation as to how the world ended up the way it did. You just need to accept it and see the MC accept that not all innocence is gone from the world. It's kind of interesting to see how they managed to get so much chemistry out of just two characters and a single location.

To Pass The Time:
    Tales of Zestiria the Cross - While the animation might be gorgeous, it still feels like your standard fantasy fare. Event the sudden advertisement interlude to a completely different show couldn't be saved by the female MC. That transition was just jarring and leaves you going 'wait wat' if you're not familiar with the development of the Tales games.

Taboo Tattoo - The fights are pretty well choreographed and animated. Other than that, the story just bogs down when it comes to the world building dialogue. It doesn't really do anything to grab you and then just kills off a character for the shock value.

Tsukiuta. The Animation - This is an IM@S copy trying to cash in on girls. The amusing shenanigans are there but the variety of songs is certainly not. What songs the show has are pretty decent but still not enough to completely carry the show. After a while the shenanigans wear thin and they start bringing out stupid shit like fucking moon bunnies.

Handa-kun - The offbeat humour of this show just didn't do it for me. This was compounded by the fact that this was supposed to be a prequel to the excellent Brakamon. This was not how I expected to get my extra dose of Barakamon. The show does feel a bit better when I tried to stop linking it to Brakamon. But that still wasn't enough to make the show entertaining enough for a proper recommendation.

Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! - The animation of this show is lovely but that's all it has going for it honestly. It feels very paint by numbers and I just found myself blanking out while watching it. The personalities of the characters are certainly quite colourful but still not enough to carry the show.

Hitori no Shita: The Outcast - This show in particular is not necessarily bad, but it isn't really good either. It just hovers around 'watchable'. The story comes off as really Chinese with all the talk of sects and arts. The animation isn't fantastic but it's passable. Overall a pretty mediocre show but a decent attempt for breaking into the Japanese market.

Active Raid: Kidou Kyoushuushitsu Dai Hachi Gakari - 2nd - To be honest, it didn't really improve since the first episode. It just comes with more of the same monster of the week and just wore me out.

Stay Away:
    Ange Vierge - Let's just say that if you stuffed anymore cliche into this show it would be tvtropes. It's your standard friendship with implied and overt yuri. I couldn't get attached to any of the characters and the random ass interludes with two characters completely unrelated to the current plot just kill the pacing.

Dropped
    Rewrite
    Hatsukoi Monster
    Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara
    B-Project: Kodou Ambitious
    D.Gray-man Hallow
    Fudanshi Koukou Seikatsu
    Servamp
    Masou Gakuen HxH
    Scared Rider Xechs
    Ozmafia!!
    Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars
    Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei Bu Love! Love!
    Time Travel Shoujo: Mari Waka to 8-nin no Kagakusha-tachi