Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
    Rep
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Akashi's Improvement Arsenal Guide?

Was the improvement assessment and guide lost when Himeuta did its last change or I am just bad at searching? If gone does anyone have any suggestions for a replacement?

Rep
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    @DavsNewG

Just buried a little.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    Twitch
    Schedule:
    Thursday 17:00~21:00 UTC | Friday: 18:00~22:00 UTC
    Saturday: 16:00~Open end UTC | Sunday: 16:00~21:00 UTC

Rep
    Mentioned
    1254 Post(s)
    @DavsNewG

Keep in mind that it's really out of date.

Rep
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    @DavsNewG

I've made an improvement calculator for ships and engagement forms available here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/t5...t_Edition.xlsx

TL;DR Version

DD Guns and Torps:

• 12.7 DD guns are alright, they become obsolete later on but are still useful in stuff like transport fleets when you need a lot of DDs
    • 12.7 BK2 is slightly better than the 12.7 given equal upgrades, but is obscene to upgrade past +6 due to the requirement for other guns
    • Once you have 10FDs en masse, they become the premier DD gun, nothing else matters
    • Quint torpedoes are good, you will need them at some point, and

CA/CL Guns:

• If their name isn't 20.3 Mk2 or Mk3, 99% of all red guns are trash to upgrade
    • The 1% of red guns that aren't Mk2 or Mk3 guns that may be worth upgrading are 15.2 Kai guns, I'd upgrade them if I got them for free (e.g. ranking), but generally Mk 2 and 3 take precedence
    • OTO guns are OKayish for the price since it takes a while for Mk 2 and 3 guns to become significantly better (OTO +9 is 11FP@4Acc, a Mk3 +4 is 12@2)

BB Guns and AP shells:

• 35.6 guns to +6 on weekends, cheap to upgrade, converts into the 35.6 Proto, go get them
    • AP shells to 6 is a no-brainer because it's cheap as chips and WILL be important
    • Upgrading 381 to 381K is generally a good deal once you have your basics settled
    • 41 protos are fantastic but also expensive

Good Shit in General

• Go get yourself a recon seaplane upgraded, if you need a seaplane fighter in future it'll come in handy (Read: 6-4)
    • One 90mm to max, just to show Maya some love

Screw Dumps
    • Most radars are good screw dumps if you have nothing else to upgrade (you usually will though), even a simple +1 upgrade to a 22K4 radar is affordable
    • Sonars are pretty alright too, bear in mind that sonars get a worse coefficient to their firepower bonus (+2 and +8 for 1 and 2 FP respectively)

Idiot Traps

• Converting T91 and T94 fire directors to the 10FD has gone from "feasible if desperate" to "terrible decision" since you only get anything useful after a minimum commitment of TWENTY-FOUR screws (assuming NOTHING fails), and non-akizuki DD AACIs are weak.
    • Any AA gun, because duh

Stuff that I think needs new analysis:

Last edited by EchIII; 06-08-2016 at 12:34 PM.
    夏 '15 : BBBCCBC | 秋 '15: AABBA | 冬16: AAA | 春 '16: AAAAAAC
    http://i.imgur.com/ZUPC2wm.png
    https://www.senka.me/player/20025918

Rep
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    @nwrtz That's the one thanks very much :)

- - - Updated - - -
    @EchIII Thank you I will be sure to look it over. I'm at the point where I really need to work on equipment.

Rep
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EchIII View Post
    @DavsNewG

I've made an improvement calculator for ships and engagement forms available here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/t5...t_Edition.xlsx

TL;DR Version

DD Guns and Torps:

• 12.7 DD guns are alright, they become obsolete later on but are still useful in stuff like transport fleets when you need a lot of DDs
    • 12.7 BK2 is slightly better than the 12.7 given equal upgrades, but is obscene to upgrade past +6 due to the requirement for other guns
    • Once you have 10FDs en masse, they become the premier DD gun, nothing else matters
    • Quint torpedoes are good, you will need them at some point, and
    would the 12.7K2 past 6 not be an Ok idea with the easier avaible 12.7Ks nowdays (Kawakaze Kai/ Oyashio Kai) combined with the fact that not getting them past 6 would be only similar to a 12.7@9.

Your calculator also has a far better use for 10 star equip^s then i had assumed, where as in many situations a double +10 would be giving the 1 extra FP. very intresting.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]