Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The Winter2017 event has begun and will end on 28th, Check here for more info.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Princess of the Admiralty Gensui Hime's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Feature Unfreeze - I'm-Back-To-Fix-Things Edition

Hi everyone,
    So I haven't been up to the task of fixing and re-adding all the features you asked for, and some things have gone without repair for a while now. So without further ado, I'm back to actually address problems and questions.
    Any questions or requests you have, post them here and I'll take a look at them and answer to the best of my abilities.

Systems Administrator, Webmaster
    Distinguished Fleet Admiral since 2013

Rep
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    How far in your list of priorities are the badges, points, and shop system?

Since May 29, 2015
    LSC's High Five - Yama 1st get, Musa 3rd (randomly) get, Biscuit 5th get, Taihou 9th get, 401 attempts = 0...got 4 from event
    Retiring from LSC Oct 5, 2015
    1yr-old post

IGN
    クロノマイスタ
    Server
    Tawi Tawi
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2339 Post(s)
    I've been asked about it all the time so going to post here just for the record. Using any Latin-1 Supplement character will lop off the rest of a post. Specifically these are special German/French characters with a couple of other special characters. As much as I have been bugged/looked into it, I couldnt figure out the way to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilya Bryzgalov
    it's only.. it's only game. Y U heff 2 B mad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herm Edwards

Rep
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    I dunno if this the right place to ask here, but i miss that pop on feature (like kongou's/seaport hime statistic data) when you hover on their name, will it return?

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8214 Post(s)
    The three main things I've asked about and hope to see return are definitely the stat panels for typing character names, and the badge shop.

But most of all, I (and a lot of others) really wanna see the old Mention/New Quote pop from before the move. The one built into Firefox just does not cut it in the slightest.

I always pull my weight. I just happen to be made of helium.
    There is no such thing as coincidence. Only necessity.
    ~Happily married to Ryuujou and Iku~
    Admiral Anniversary: 5/25 | Marriage Anniversary: 9/28 | I wrote a thing.

IGN
    illyrin
    Server
    Sukumo Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    883 Post(s)
    I am not sure how many others experience this issue - but I seem to get a lot of cases where the forums appear to freak out:

* I'll be editing a message, and mid-edit the page will refresh on its own and I'll lose any changes I was working on. Afterwards, if I hit edit again or just try and refresh, the page will tell me if I do that, my current work will be lost - but by then, there's no way to retrieve my edits anyway.

* I submit a reply to something and it doubleposts.

* If you use the inline hotkey combo for italics or bold (control-i, control-b, etc.) or similar text features in the editor, then you keep typing, later on, if you backspace, the cursor is immediately sent back to the special formatting and starts deleting from there instead of where the cursor was at the time.

Is there anything known about these problems and if the fix has to occur on my end (eg 'stop using Chrome') or if it is on the forum end?

Last edited by illyrin; 06-11-2016 at 09:24 AM.

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8214 Post(s)
    @illyrin I've had the first two points happen in Firefox too. After any post, the threads seem to refresh themselves almost consistently every time, and if yu've got a text box open, that goes away even though the page itself still thinks yu're typing.

As for the double post, it happens mostly because people double-click the Post button, so it posts twice.

I always pull my weight. I just happen to be made of helium.
    There is no such thing as coincidence. Only necessity.
    ~Happily married to Ryuujou and Iku~
    Admiral Anniversary: 5/25 | Marriage Anniversary: 9/28 | I wrote a thing.

Rep
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    How far in your list of priorities are the badges, points, and shop system?
    Well since you're the 123405823th person to ask me about it I guess it puts it at the top ten, right?

Rep
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    @chronomeister That has to do with the database's base encoding. I am fairly certain that the DB was made in Latin1 as I have been making backups since day 1 using Latin1 encoding. I'll see what I can do about that. Do you have an example post where a specific character kills a post?

Rep
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    @illyrin @Emerald Acid That might be the AJAX autorefresh at work, as well as its unintended consequence. I'll disable it and see if that fixes that.