Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The Yura K2 patch maintenance has started and will end around 7pm JST. Check out the patch thread for more information and discussion.
Bookmark Thread
Page 108 of 110 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1092
    IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3646 Post(s)
    Bonjour Henri !

You're stopped broadside and way too close for comfort. It would be a shame if someone...

were to multiple cit you...

Rep
    Mentioned
    547 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK A Cruiser broadside to a sighted in BB at 8km. That's a paddlin'!

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

IGN
    Chia
    Server
    Saiki Bay
    Rep
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    @M.A.Mitscher Same goes for BBBs though, especially those who underestimate the power of Big7

On a side note:
    [+] Spoiler
    HOTEL GET!

Last edited by Chia; 06-04-2017 at 09:42 PM.

Signature by Fog

Rep
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    @Chia
    Nice, I just got my Hotel the other week. She's a fun bote.

Rep
    Mentioned
    547 Post(s)
    @Chia When you brought up a BB as a target of a punishing broadside, why did I immediately guess an Iowa as the victim before even glancing at your thumbnails? LOL

"Haze Grey & Underway"

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3646 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M.A.Mitscher View Post
    @Keyan_TTK A Cruiser broadside to a sighted in BB at 8km. That's a paddlin'!
    To be fair, that Henri IV was most probably waiting for Scrub's North Carolina to round the island ; he was trying to disengage from all those BBs to the south of A while the rest of our ships had already scampered away. I was unspotted until I opened fire.

Another game: I love when no one fires back at me, and I can spam HE at large, flammable BBs

58k fire damage:

Rep
    Mentioned
    2032 Post(s)
    Oh, I found the streamer's video. To see how the other side played, start from 59:27. The highlights at 1:10:55. EDIT: After playing at 0.25x I ate 3/6 of that friendly Yamato's shells.

The whole story:
    A massive deficit of 2 ships, 3 caps and even over 600 points. With the team huddling at the back you'd think it's all over. But on very very rare occasion you may find the team having one last hurrah with you if you are willing to draw your sword and charge in.

Summary of the beginning to this scene. Our team mainly head to C, with some to A and B. I was leading with Black and Khaba i front but we got push out by 2 DDs worth of torps and heavy shelling from Yammy/Monty div and other ships. I dropped down to 20% and had to pull back to recover my health, even so there are ships that was behind me with full health when I was staying at the back to recover. Our Yamato dced for a couple of minutes after we were pulling out of C, resulting in either fires or a flood to drop his hp down a big chunk as well.

8 minutes past, after using my 3rd heal and seeing the terrible situation. I decided to charge in towards the smoke where I last saw 2 of their DDs were camping. With hydro on obviously.

Past 600 points deficit. But I managed to get those smoke camping DDs within my hydro range.

Apparently all their surviving DDs were camping there. Guess 2 joined in afterwards. Well the result was that Khaba and I shared 2 kills each. Also used my last heal. On the plus side Yamato and Grobe charged into C while I was getting the attention of the 4 DDs and the Yama/Monty div. Our Gearing is also position to take A.

Now that's taken care of, with my low hp I turned to face the Yama/Monty div. Their Grobe looked to be focused on Bismarck or our DDs from his guns' position to notice me, so I gave the full speed order.

Placing the sequence in spoilers due to how dramatic they are that I need a few screenshots to show them, or you can just read the last picture in the spoiler for the conclusion.
    [+] Spoiler

Looks like Montana is turning in. Not sure to angle against the BBs capping C or to prepare to drive by me.

Looks like she ate citadel(s) from the BBs in C. I noticed Yamato beached and since Montana's guns are not pointing at me I decided forgo the kiss with Montana and go for Yamato's ass. With Yamato's and my turrets at similar position I am certain I can get the first shot.

Sorry Montana. Yamato's ass is too irresistible.

Hmm dat ass. Yamato tried her best to turn her turrets but those slow turning turrets won't make it. While I'm trying to slow down to turn my turrets as well.

5x 420s into important parts of Yamato. Also note the 6 shells from my Yamato.

Wanted to turn to get my rear turrets into Montana's flat broadside, but remember those 6 shells from friendly Yamato? Those ended that plan of mine in every possible way by ending both the Montana and I.

Final screenshot before match ended. Somehow we turned this around.

Score cards. Noticed that Yamato got top score, so I complimented and apologized to him afterwards for saying potato TKing me in chat in game.

Bonus: chat at the end
    [+] Spoiler

Last edited by ofi123; 06-06-2017 at 09:43 AM.

Piuy is the boss.

Rep
    Mentioned
    547 Post(s)
    I had an interesting match earlier today. No, it wasn't a big, mega-high damage 7 kill Kraken+ performance. I was using my oddball AA Gneisenau and bagged 56 planes.
    [+] Spoiler

I was with the NE spawn of the team. I sailed with a New York + 2 lower tier DDs. I told the CVs that I had good, 7.5km AA and use me if they needed as a safe zone for their planes. The 2 DDs with us I guess saw that as after they seized the cap, they came back and stayed within 8km of me for a lot of the match. I made it a point to keep NY in my AA umbrella because a Tier V BB is too tempting a bombing target. Our 2 DDs only surged past me when we neared another cap and spotted some ships, including Ranger and Colorado, around some islands. When the match ended, we lost only 1 DD of the group. NY was alive with about 80% HP left. Group integrity made it through all the air attacks and we bagged a Colorado, Ranger, Budyonny, and seized 2 caps, as well as flanked the remains of the red team from the rear.

The CVs kept feeding me planes and I wondered why. Why do you keep sending planes at something that is clearly shooting all your planes down? It was because our group was the smallest one of our team that was spotted. Way out in the west, the rest of our team was in a massive group fighting with the bulk of the other team. Both of our CVs were very close behind the regular ships. Ships were bunched enough that their overlapping AA as well as Independence and Kaga fighters was probably too dangerous. So I guess they spot our 2 BBs and 2 DDs out east, no Cruisers, much less AA Cruisers, and went for us.

Also, no Clear Sky award despite 56 planes swatted down.

Last edited by M.A.Mitscher; 06-07-2017 at 12:01 AM.

"Haze Grey & Underway"

Lieutenant
    Rep
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Sooo yea, probably had one of my best games yesterday, pretty close one to

IGN
    Chia
    Server
    Saiki Bay
    Rep
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Question: What happens if a [HIME] division in T5 ships (+random Spee) meets some higher BBs and a 'Tsuyu?

[+] Spoiler
    Answer: Probably not what the enemies were expecting to happen....

And, well...our most experienced player wallet warrior in Shiny Horse complained about our division being "idiots" and "stupid bots" most of the time....

Signature by Fog