Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 139 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1411
    IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M.A.Mitscher View Post
    @ofi123 The Potatoes in Space Battles make the Potatoes in Randoms look like Purple Unicums. I was getting a lot of torp hits with Space Gearing, and for me to get lots of torp hits as a DD, it speaks volumes of the quality of the opposition. I have crazy visions of what actual, good DD drivers can do in Space Battle.

It brings to mind one event when I used Space Gearing. I do a long range torp drop against a cluster of ships that were smoke camping. I drop the torps and turn away. Then around an island corner, an enemy Space Zao comes out, almost gets hit by the torps, but of course he spots them. I figured, "Well, those torps still got around 8km to go, so the reds will see that coming and they'll evade them all."

But nope. Those reds get hit by those spotted torps from far away and I ended up getting 5 hits against those clowns.

You can do long range drops and have an excellent chance of hitting. Most of those guys in Space Battles don't know the importance of WASD Hax.

Another funny moment was using Space Des Moines, going up to a pair of Smoke Camping Minotaurs, pop Radar on them. The 2 idiots don't even move. I aim and blast one Mino, then turn and blast the other one like they were paper targets at a shooting range. They didn't even move.

People are just so bad in Space Battles.
    Since you can get the Space ships with playing a T6 battle, I guess some didn't bother to look up the capabilities of these ships. These are T10 ships after all, and Gearing's torps have quite a range. Also Radar is rare at that tier.

Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyan_TTK View Post
    Since you can get the Space ships with playing a T6 battle, I guess some didn't bother to look up the capabilities of these ships. These are T10 ships after all, and Gearing's torps have quite a range. Also Radar is rare at that tier.
    All the sins of WoWS, I am seeing in abundance in Space Battles. I mean, I took my Space Z-52 and literally parked her at 5km to a Space Des Moines, smoked up, and had no concerns. I read the player's actions during the match and concluded he had no experience with high tier ships, much less Des Moines. He didn't even use Radar on me as I Hydro'd and shot him up and torped him in short range.

Seriously man, I'm a scrub DD player, but if you're a veteran DD player, those guys are ripping people apart in Space Battles. Those matches are more DD-focused than the typical Randoms match. Yes, in Randoms / Ranked, DD performance sets the tone, but a good DD in Space is so dominating that it's funny to watch... If it wasn't my team getting rolled!

Edit: The cool thing about Space Battles' ships is someone can preview these Tier X ships with high point captains. I took Space Z-52 out once and was immediately impressed. It's also surprising how fast a Tier X CV's planes disappear when I used Space Hakuryu.

Last edited by M.A.Mitscher; 04-09-2018 at 05:04 AM.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    Was playing a rare Taiho game and my opponent was an Essex.

At the start, I was doing my usual scouting, probing, harassing of DDs. But I saw no enemy squadrons for a long time. I thought he was trying a CV Snipe so I prepared. Still no planes.
    "Must be AFK," I thought, but then I sporadically saw a fighter unit in the east, that goes back, a fighter unit in the west, then goes back. Then nothing out of the Essex for a long time. I then proceeded to harass and permaspot the DDs, spotting for my team, etc. The Cruisers and Battleships were bunched up and the AA was murderous. I only saw a concerted bomber strike towards the end, well after it was clear we were going to win big. In the late stage of the match, the red team was very salty about their CV in open match chat. I looked up my opponent after the match and was very surprised. I have never seen a 28% WR ship in my life, not with that amount of battles played.

"Haze Grey & Underway"

Rep
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Don't want to abuse, but when I see a teamed Saipan/Cheatlanta/Ginseng (+belfast) as enemy I think "is it wise to launch planes at all?" (from Hiryu). AA build CV team are big slap to game balance. Not myokou or pepsicola just strict premium or AA monsters with the "right build" probably with 19 sp captain... Hiryu has T6 TBS, ganbatte kudasai. Never sucks so hard to get that low WR...
    Rare "unicorn" with lower win rate than 30%?

Is it worth to play Taiho in current meta? 2/3/2 is feels good, but micro intensive and most of T10 ship has "too powerfull AA" (except IJN BBs and DDs). Plane control has not repaired jet.

Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    A small reminder about a thing that got enabled in the recent update, is to put national flags back on some of these ships that were involuntarily switched out, i.e PADDs and Commonwealth ships, for some generic flags.

"Haze Grey & Underway"

Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    That matchmaking sure is nice.

"Haze Grey & Underway"

IGN
    R. Greythorn
    Server
    Ominato Guard
    Rep
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)

Gremy on fire, right on the Victory Day. This is what happens when you put one tiny boat aginst a mob of straight sailing battleships and broadside cuisers.

And Leningrad on the next day...

Proud commander of Ominato Security Station
    I play lots of sim/semi-sim racing games on Steam.

Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    @Greythorn032 You got the new RU captain? His special version of Expert Marksman would be great for RU DDs, especially ones with rusty turret traverse like Gremy.

"Haze Grey & Underway"

IGN
    R. Greythorn
    Server
    Ominato Guard
    Rep
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    @M.A.Mitscher I did and tried putting him in Gremy, no big difference (only about a second faster on 180 deg traverse). I think he'd be much more useful for Gangut, her guns are lubricated with sand right now.

Proud commander of Ominato Security Station
    I play lots of sim/semi-sim racing games on Steam.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2405 Post(s)
    After 171 battles and 100 victories this season, I can finally leave the salt mines.

Shima was my go to in R10 and I switched to TT in R5 after a few failed attempts to adapt shima to work consistently well. I did use Monatana often as well.

I did use cruiser and carrier once pre-R10, and I think I only saw CV in battle once post R10.

Last edited by ofi123; 05-13-2018 at 10:01 AM.