Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 129 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1306
    IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    @polymorphine Ah yes those containers.

I still fondly remember what I got from mine. Spotting aircraft modification, and a stack of flood reduction flags.

Speaking of polymorphine, two nights in a row when I have been pinged by poly, I have immediately thereafter gotten results such as this in a DD game:

It appears Destroyer energy can be channeled from our resident DD maniac.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    polymorphine
    Server
    Sukumo Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    @polymorphine Ah yes those containers.

I still fondly remember what I got from mine. Spotting aircraft modification, and a stack of flood reduction flags.

Speaking of polymorphine, two nights in a row when I have been pinged by poly, I have immediately thereafter gotten results such as this in a DD game:

It appears Destroyer energy can be channeled from our resident DD maniac.
    stop siphoning off my luck, dammit. 10 straight defeats last night, all because i get teams of pussies who don't know how to hold a cap.

Also speaking of DD's I absolutely regret being on hiatus while the Kidd was on sale :(

Quote Originally Posted by iPe7eR View Post
    >Implying every place on the internet isn't infested with tumblrfags.

https://asia.warships.today/signature/2008227745/light.png

Rep
    Mentioned
    617 Post(s)
    A thread in the NA official boards made me think of Pre-BFT / AFT Nerf CLs and as a result, I dug up an old thread where we were celebrating Tier V Konigsberg when the German Cruiser Line came out.

19.8km range for Tier V Konigsberg. IIRC, Tier VI Nurnberg was similar. Cleveland reached out to 17.6km.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

IGN
    polymorphine
    Server
    Sukumo Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    @M.A.Mitscher lol back when Mogami 155 was the shit

Rep
    Mentioned
    617 Post(s)
    @polymorphine In those days I wasn't too far in my IJN Cruisers. I was working USN then tried German when they came out. But yes, I remember 155-Mogami. The first time I ran into one, it was raining hellfire over an island on my BB. My knowledge of the game wasn't as good and I can't remember 155-Mogami's performance ranges in those days.

Konigsberg and that range was hilarious. Esp. in a CV match. The other CV would play and eventually spot the enemy CV. I'd then sneak as close as I can to the front with K-Berg and start hitting the CV at 19km, try to pick it off way in the back, while dodging BB gunfire from the frontlines. It was fun but harrowing. It worked also because the CV snipe doesn't kill the CV, but it forces DCP use. Then next thing you know, that long range K-Berg would set some fires on the CV after DCP wore off, and it's game over.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

IGN
    polymorphine
    Server
    Sukumo Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    @M.A.Mitscher 155 mogami could get up to 19km range with AFT, and never be spotted. Now she's.. ok, but far underperforming compared to other cruisers of the same tier.

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3791 Post(s)
    Mogamin, "far underperforming"? I though that dubious honour was to be awarded to Hipster/Pudding. Sure, she doesn't have Atago's Heal, Kutuzov's Smoke, Chappie and NO's Radar, but her fifteen 155mm guns have now a decent training speed. Boost them with DE and IFHE, light fires and farm BB tears. My best IJN cruiser commander stayed with her, and an ARP Takao is now with Ibuki. Also, I found replacing the Concealment mod with the two Rudder mods do wonders in dodging BB salvoes. And if someone spots DDs, I can even make short work of them.

IGN
    polymorphine
    Server
    Sukumo Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyan_TTK View Post
    Mogamin, "far underperforming"? I though that dubious honour was to be awarded to Hipster/Pudding. Sure, she doesn't have Atago's Heal, Kutuzov's Smoke, Chappie and NO's Radar, but her fifteen 155mm guns have now a decent training speed. Boost them with DE and IFHE, light fires and farm BB tears. My best IJN cruiser commander stayed with her, and an ARP Takao is now with Ibuki. Also, I found replacing the Concealment mod with the two Rudder mods do wonders in dodging BB salvoes. And if someone spots DDs, I can even make short work of them.
    I forgot about the Krauts, I still only have the Yorck lol

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK Taking a new commander to Mogami and training IFHE just for that is a real pain. Especially since even if you are equipping the two rudder mods and going for evasion build, you probably still want concealment expert for the commander too.

I cheesed it by using ARP Myoukou commander but honestly, that fact is quite annoying. While I understand the monetisation benefit to WG for making respecs not free, I do think the game's health would be better overall if you could respec freely. People would experiment more and feel less constrained by artificial non-combat restrictions like that.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    2225 Post(s)
    Mysterious citadel on a DM with 127 at over 10km

This time of santa boxes was pretty unlucky. I believe it was 20-30 boxes, no prem and only 1 ship. At least I got an useful prem for T6 ranked.

Rare 3k+ base exp game, especially so being the top tier.

EDIT: Decided to get 5 more red boxes after failure of final Sara LSC before event. Was happy RNG pitied me.

Last edited by ofi123; 01-12-2018 at 04:40 AM.