Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 51 of 131 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
    IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3796 Post(s)
    mfw I citadel (twice !) a slightly angled Shchors with Konig's HE

(in that game, a Belfast sailing in the middle of the pack got 4 kills and finished MVP)

Last edited by Keyan_TTK; 10-21-2016 at 08:27 PM.

IGN
    FoLieADeUx
    Server
    Brunei Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    That moment when your secondaries "snapshots" an enemy DD

We lost that battle due to non-supporting teammates... Sorry I forgot to screencap end-game results...

Faith in sure victory - Circumspect plan - Endeavor with all might
    World of Warships - FoLieADeUx @ SEA Server

Rep
    Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    @TerminusEst Harassing those loliDDs!

- - - Updated - - -

Tier IV Danae I was not fond of. I did okay but every battle was a struggle.

Then I got Tier V Emerald. This ship so far...

I'd take Krispy Kreme over Emerald any day. Krispy Kreme can at least defend herself.

Tier I was fun.
    Tier II was fine, I did well.
    Tier III I was okay, performed fine, but you had to be careful with the BBs.
    Tier IV was very unpleasant and my stats dropped compared to Tier III.
    Tier V has been nothing but heartache. My Tier IV stats were already lower than III, my Tier V stats are even worse than IV's. Emerald has been nothing but misery and I gave her a lot of chances today:

Match 1 defeat, did 3.1k damage only
    Match 2 defeat, did 13k damage only
    Match 3 win, did 31k damage
    Match 4 win, did 17k damage only
    Match 5 defeat, did 15k damage only
    Match 6 win, did only 14k damage and was rudely double-citadeled by a Bayern at around 16km after I just sank a DD.
    Match 7 win, did 31k damage but was cornered by a Scharnhorst who had absolutely zero fear of me. Why would he? All my shells bounced or non--penned.

A pic after I got sunk by the Bayern.
    [+] Spoiler

I only took 3 hits that entire match but they were 2 citadels for 28.1k total damage, ending me abruptly.

I am a few more defeats from ending the suffering with this awful line. So, so close to doing this.
    [+] Spoiler

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8290 Post(s)
    @M.A.Mitscher It's all an increase in suffering with each tier advancement.

I always pull my weight. I just happen to be made of helium.
    ~
    Ryuujou & Iku Anniversary 9/28/15 | Uranami Anniversary 3/1/17 | Fubuki Anniversary 4/24/17 | Akebono Anniversary 7/1/17 | Shimakaze Anniversary 5/4/16~
    Admiral Anniversary: 5/25 | I wrote a thing. Updated! (9/12)

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3796 Post(s)
    Don't be so negative. From what I saw, I think Emerald is the lowest point of the RN CL line, IMHO. It slowly gets better from there. Leander is workable.

Rep
    Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK It's a given fact that BBs are ignoring the useless AP gunfire, at least from what I've seen. I can be on the other side of the equation, play any other ship against them, and simply have my way with little to fear. The Battleships most of all as all the shots do nothing to them.

"Haze Grey & Underway"

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3796 Post(s)
    @M.A.Mitscher
    I concur they are at most a nuisance stealth firing AP at your BB's superstructure. However, against unsuspecting broadside cruisers or DDS, they can be a credible threat, especially with their good concealment. I've seen two Fijis working with a Hatsuharu, taking the enemy in a crossfire. All you saw was a big smoke cloud spitting AP and occasional torpedo spreads.

Rep
    Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    So, had a match today in Scharnhorst. This thing was going so bad and it felt so desperate that when the match ended and I quickly made caps of the reward screens, I didn't even notice we actually WON. It was only when I returned to port, looked at the play session's match results panel, that I noticed that it was a victory.

The upload is here
    http://wowreplays.com/Replay/20096

I also made an imgur album with descriptions (because you know how I like to gab). The album is here
    http://imgur.com/a/Xnr3x

"Haze Grey & Underway"

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    903 Post(s)
    @M.A.Mitscher @Keyan_TTK Fiji, as I have noted elsewhere, is not just a credible threat, but unbelievably dangerous. I still haven't seen one do poorly and its become my goal to get there and see for myself.

I am ever more convinced that Asia server has simply more credible cruiser drivers, especially of the ambushing and stealthy sort (thank IJN CAs probably) though, not as much doom and gloom here about even the lower tiers. All these complaints of RN CLs sucking hard, I'm not seeing it especially as the tiers get higher.

Last edited by DLRevan; 10-23-2016 at 12:53 PM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3796 Post(s)
    @DLRevan
    And as I said earlier, I pretty much agree with you assessment. Yeah, until Tier V Emerald (which is pretty much the lowest point of the RN CL line), you're likely to be the lowest link of the food chain. However, Leander is workable, and from Fiji onwards, these are nice ships. Sure, you'll be getting bounces and nopens from bow-on DDs and cruisers, but you high concealment and smoke you can take a flanking position and feast on citadels. And if they turn bow-on to you, they show their broadsides to the rest of your fleet. Of course BB laugh at your feeble attempts to hurt them and sees you as food, but for BBs most cruisers are food.

Leander has for it fore and aft turrets instead of casemated guns for starters. and from Tier VI, you get bigger maps with more room to sail around.