Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    IGN
    HydroKirby
    Rep
    Mentioned
    755 Post(s)
    As an experiment, I tried using smaller JPGs of commonly used icons for card sheets rather than the 100x100 PNGs already on the Wiki. I thought that if I removed the hyperlinks to the full-sized images and the styling to enforce 50px, I could reduce page loading times because the HTML parser would have less junk to sift through. Unfortunately, the styling was enforced even when the images were the correct size, so that part was pointless. The usage of JPGs made a good difference on the page load times, but I couldn't prevent the huge freeze that occurs during loading. I wonder if the problem is that every image has this
    Code:
    onload="if(typeof ImgLzy==='object'){ImgLzy.load(this)}"
    as an attribute. I can't remove that javascript, but I wouldn't know how to profile that to see if it was the cause of the loading bottleneck either...
    http://flowerknight.wikia.com/wiki/R...!%3F/Card_Flip

On the other hand, I had an amusing idea for how I could make the tables look a little nicer. Putting an empty row at the top of the table that expands all columns causes the [Expand] to literally become the table itself rather than injecting itself into the end of the first row of data and looking out of place. Basically for a 9-row table you put this at the front:
    Code:
    |-
    | colspan="9"|
    |-

Edit: I just got done making a Survey page.
    http://flowerknight.wikia.com/wiki/Survey
    Because I still can't edit the Front Page, would someone please put that in there somewhere? Or even in the top banner. If possible, I'd like to keep the Survey page up-to-date (as opposed to saying the survey contents on Himeuta). Calling @dandan550 or @LostLogia4

Last edited by HydroKirby; 12-30-2016 at 10:23 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    @HydroKirby You really should ask a bureaucrat (read: any FKG wikia admin apart from me, cuz DJ didn't grant me that privilege) to grant you the admin or content moderator privilege, cuz the main page was protected at that level.

Personally I don't think surveys actually count as "gameplay elements", but until more miscellaneous stuffs are added I guess I'll put it there anyway.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    Lacrima Memoria: Graveyard of the Fleet Maidens (May Poi-chan rest in peace)
    Christmas Eve Marriage: Shiratsuyu-Class 1300JST
    Marriage Memoirs with Murashigure
    Current Flower Knight : Oncidium altissimum (Bride of Fos).

IGN
    HydroKirby
    Rep
    Mentioned
    755 Post(s)
    After witnessing Firefox crawl to a halt due to having 2GB of RAM built up with just a dozen tabs open, I realized the lag spike I kept encountering with the Wiki's card flip page was Firefox's fault rather than the Wiki's. I probably have some naughty plugins eating up the CPU. Hopefully the optimizations I was working on made some impact anyways.

Rep
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    What is this? Any wiki link plz

Wishlist: Yamato • Mikuma
    I always hate you, Ta-class! Since 05/10/2014

IGN
    HydroKirby
    Rep
    Mentioned
    755 Post(s)

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Regarding the new template for some of the girls with blossom forms - I'm having a hard time finding how to view the blossom information, including image, stats, abilites... I'm using the latest version of Chrome. It seems like all the images are there while the page initially loads, but then collapses and I'm not able to see any blossom info. Is it a bug or am I just missing something like another expand button besides "show awakened"?

Rep
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    @jlkwc Derp, seems like the ifexist conditionals didn't work with embedded images, fixed now.

EDIT: Seems like this problem persisted in Chrome. I had to edit the page to force the Wikia to re-render the templates.

Last edited by LostLogia4; 01-03-2017 at 01:40 AM.

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LostLogia4 View Post
    @jlkwc Derp, seems like the ifexist conditionals didn't work with embedded images, fixed now.

EDIT: Seems like this problem persisted in Chrome. I had to edit the page to force the Wikia to re-render the templates.
    Yeah, looks good on my end now. Thanks a lot!

Edit: The bloomed ability info is still hidden for Chocolate Cosmos, possibly others?

Last edited by jlkwc; 01-03-2017 at 06:33 PM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    @jlkwc You can take care of that by appending ?action=purge to the Wikia link like this:

http://flowerknight.wikia.com/wiki/C...s?action=purge

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    @LostLogia4 nice, thanks!