Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Spring event has ended. Check the event threads for more info.
Bookmark Thread
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    IGN
    HydroKirby
    Rep
    Mentioned
    593 Post(s)
    Whelp, I've discovered that FlashGot was the source of that huge lag spike on the card sheets wiki page. Other people should keep this in mind if they have the same lag issue...

Rep
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    @HydroKirby I think I had more or less the same problem with FlashGot years ago, but I'm not really sure.

On another note, the new seasonal page quotes is up. It'll take some time before I could implement them into Knightquote template though.
    Times like this, I really wished that I could install a database of some kind into the WIkia and put all the quote lines there.

Lacrima Memoria: Graveyard of the Fleet Maidens (May Poi-chan rest in peace)
    Christmas Eve Marriage: Shiratsuyu-Class 1300JST
    Marriage Memoirs with Murashigure
    Current Flower Knight : Oncidium altissimum (Bride of Fos).

Rep
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I'm thinking of standardizing ability (passive abilities) descriptions kind of to make it easier to put up translated abilities as currently some abilities are phrased differently from others that are the exact same ability. If we get a "standard" way of describing different abilities I should have the time to update all knights and translate those who aren't translated yet.
    (kind of like 15% attack to two party members, 15% attack to two party members including herself or, 15% attack to herself and one other party member).
    It would be easier to put up abilities if there was a streamlined way of putting things like these up and would also make it easier to understand sometimes.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.

IGN
    HydroKirby
    Rep
    Mentioned
    593 Post(s)
    I've got a couple things to talk about.

1. @dandan550, is it possible to change my user status on the Wiki (as CodeHK) from threadmoderator to sysop? I think that's the reason I have no particularly special permissions on the wiki despite being promoted.
    http://flowerknight.wikia.com/wiki/Special:ListUsers
    [+] Spoiler

2. Some of us have talked about replacing the border in the Wiki with something more appropriate for the public, but not many ideas have been raised. I came up with an idea. How about using one of those wallpapers located underneath the game from the yellow Library / ライブラリ button? For example, this one.
    http://s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.c...8_1024_768.jpg

3. Concerning the lack of consistency for ability descriptions, I threw together a template that would simply print out the description for an ability.
    The template itself: http://flowerknight.wikia.com/wiki/Template:AbilityText
    The documentation: http://flowerknight.wikia.com/wiki/T...bilityText/doc
    The big question becomes whether or not this will impact load times. I'm sure this was the main reason a template was shot down as a suggestion; a big, fat switch statement is slower than just copy-pasting the text for abilities across every single character page, right? Well, now that the template actually exists, you can stress test it. Just open the documentation page and tell me if it loads slowly or not. Every sample is a call to the template, and I've tried to cover all variants of abilities.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.

Rep
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Personally I would feel like a template for ability descriptions would work quite well, not just in terms of ease (how easy/simple it would be to use).
    Otherwise I feed like it would work so that the descriptions would match from page to page and so there's no disagreement on how to phrase abilities. (This is especially relevant as some of us have different ideas on how to phrase abilities and how word-to-word each translation needs to be)

For the wiki background it does get quite awkward at times with a nazuna at both sides staring at you kinda, especially while you're in public and it can reduce the efficiency and accuracy of your edits while editing. While it does represent something "essential" to the game it's not necessary to have it visible on every page and I would prefer something more standard.

Rep
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroKirby View Post
    1. @dandan550, is it possible to change my user status on the Wiki (as CodeHK) from threadmoderator to sysop? I think that's the reason I have no particularly special permissions on the wiki despite being promoted.
    http://flowerknight.wikia.com/wiki/Special:ListUsers
    [+] Spoiler
    Hopefully Dandan or Definitelydrunk would pick up that one. I could petition the founder (Dragonjet) to promote you, but I'll need to return from my yearly vacation to do that.

2. Some of us have talked about replacing the border in the Wiki with something more appropriate for the public, but not many ideas have been raised. I came up with an idea. How about using one of those wallpapers located underneath the game from the yellow Library / ライブラリ button? For example, this one.
    http://s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.c...8_1024_768.jpg
    We already discussed about this long ago, and we already had a new background for it last we checked. But yeah, I prefer the yellow Library wallpaper over that.

3. Concerning the lack of consistency for ability descriptions, I threw together a template that would simply print out the description for an ability.
    The template itself: http://flowerknight.wikia.com/wiki/Template:AbilityText
    The documentation: http://flowerknight.wikia.com/wiki/T...bilityText/doc
    The big question becomes whether or not this will impact load times. I'm sure this was the main reason a template was shot down as a suggestion; a big, fat switch statement is slower than just copy-pasting the text for abilities across every single character page, right? Well, now that the template actually exists, you can stress test it. Just open the documentation page and tell me if it loads slowly or not. Every sample is a call to the template, and I've tried to cover all variants of abilities.
    I've stress tested it with ?ability=purge, and the worries that I had back then seems unfounded. Though that template switch-case was something that I didn't know until now. Still wouldn't quite work for bloomed abilities just yet though.

Last edited by LostLogia4; 01-28-2017 at 11:59 PM.

Rear-Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul View Post
    For the wiki background it does get quite awkward at times with a nazuna at both sides staring at you kinda, especially while you're in public and it can reduce the efficiency and accuracy of your edits while editing. While it does represent something "essential" to the game it's not necessary to have it visible on every page and I would prefer something more standard.
    I've already mention this before (about changing the background, yes, like a lot), Definitelydrunk said he would make one with a few girl selected as "poster girls", so he will put up some sort of voting for that. But even until now, no more updates about that from him.

Rep
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    @HydroKirby Dragonjet had promoted your Wikia account with the admin privileges. And I've already thanked him on your behalf.

If nobody's gonna change the wallpaper anytime soon, then I'll open up a thread at Himeuta and Wikia about the background once I get back.

Rep
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    @LostLogia4 I'm actually a junior graphic designer. If you have specifications, I can make something.

DMM Username: アカリ
    Flower Knight Girl: 164826136

Rep
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    @Akari Good thing that you ask, since I've planned it to be a contest. From a straight asset ripoff from the game to an elaborate illustrated wallpaper, everything is a fair game as long as it's within fair use.

If you want your wallpaper design to make it to the Wikia, you'd better make it a nice work while keeping things at the side.
    Cuz the center is already taken by Wikia content, so nobody's gonna see the center part of the wallpaper.