Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The next Maint will be on 18th Oct. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      Visitor messaging is temporarily disabled.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
    Rear-Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)

[FKG] Wiki Discussion Thread

Any discussion made for FKG Wiki will be made here. You can also post complains, question and suggestion.

Last edited by MrHueHue; 06-30-2016 at 10:19 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Lel, I'm just about to open this thread with an elaborate description, and here you just made it without so much of a thought.

Lacrima Memoria: Graveyard of the Fleet Maidens (May Poi-chan rest in peace)
    Christmas Eve Marriage: Shiratsuyu-Class 1300JST
    Marriage Memoirs with Murashigure
    Current Flower Knight : Oncidium altissimum (Bride of Fos).

IGN
    Trickster
    Server
    Palau Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3072 Post(s)
    Oh sweet it finally happen. Although I did made a request to @Kalinsre ​to act as one of the possible mods

Lord Paramount of the High Gardens. [Flower Knights pomf'ed: 140]
    Flower Knight Girl ID: 221329971 (DMM)
    Shiratsuyu-Girls:
    Shiratsuyu, Shigure, Murasame, Yuudachi, Harusame, Samidare, Umikaze, Yamakaze, Kawakaze, Suzukaze

IGN
    HydroKirby
    Rep
    Mentioned
    726 Post(s)
    At dandan550 Kalinsre and the other Himeuta mods don't play FKG, so they won't be able to help with the Wiki. For that matter, Jifaru and I had a short discussion about what to do with having both a Wiki and a forum. There's already a thread of yours on the Wiki itself of things we should to do. Still, MrHueHue made the thread and LostLogia had the same idea, so there's obviously interest in talking about it over here as well. Jifaru suggested that, worse comes to worse, we could just copy-paste any ideas to-and-from here and the Wiki thread.

My main goal is have a really succinct and clean How to Play page for new players that puts all of the meaty information in a section's own page. That's why I made the Evolution/Awakening and Strengthening Synthesis pages. Here's a todo list of my own.
    • Reevaluate content and order of separate event pages.
    • Add Home Screen page (?).
    • Add Options menu contents in the Wiki somewhere. Probably in the Home Screen page.
    • Add Subjugations/Combat page.
    • Add Panel types to Subjugations page.
    • Add Pests page with Insect Picture Book as a subsection.
    • Add more info for Ultimate Missions. (I can't add much since I'm not strong enough to do more than 3~4 of these stages though).
    • Add subsection in Special Missions page for Skill Clean-Sweep Military Strategy standing mission.
    • Reorganizing upper navigation bar?
    • Reorganize Front Page?
    • Fill in table for flower knights with matching skills.
    • Improve CharacterPage template a little? (Ammendment: LostLogia was working on a replacement)
    • Improve Wiki's FAQ contents? I want a note about exceeding garage size somewhere in the Wiki.
    • Update Character Quest requirements as per changes in the most recent update.
    • Fix that nagging link formatting and bunch of tables in event 36.
    • Add picture of Character Quest location.
    • Put Character Quest section in Missions page to avoid confusion.
    • Help with (Tanabata) audio quotes uploading.
    • Stage efficiency template for all of featured, reprint, and re-reprint stages (that have data in common).
    • Rename Okitaeeru in Equipment page.
    • Add Whaleship stuff to Equipment page.
    • Add headers for Events page to categorize the overview.
    • Improve Shop page.
      • Add images for Shop contents. (Re-reseal Stone is all I need!)
      • Add efficiency charts for Bonds Crystal Wares.
      • Make image key for the Shop front page layout.
      • Add image key (HTML image map?) for Shop tab layout.

• Improve Office page.
      • Add Items section to Office.
      • Add Survey section to Office.

• Add methodology for making Whaleship sets.
    • Get programmatic uploading of images to the Wiki working.
    • Overhaul Character Management page.
      • Put filters and sort options into their own Wiki page.
      • Write more specifics about the Storage.
      • Write about the Equipment Verification page.

• Add Interface Category to some pages.

The big one though is deciding how to organize event pages. We've got 3 kinds of organizations for the event pages atm: event 1 has dandan's format which is geared towards its existence as a re-republished event, event 6 has a format that looks like it was ripped right out of the HBC wiki since that event isn't even running in the DMM version in the first place, and events 35-37 have my own organization which are a result of me adding information as I felt fit. It's obvious that new events will be introduced and some sort of consistent format should be decided upon. Maybe not now or tomorrow but eventually. And for that I'd like to hear the opinions of what people have here about the all of the event pages we have up now.

Edit on 12/26/2016: Old news, but this organization thing is an old issue that was fixed with my creation of the Event Boilerplate and the StageData Template.

Last edited by HydroKirby; 01-04-2017 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Update list.

Rep
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    One of my to-do list is to upload the icons for all the girls, items, and the pests as well. I'll start the operation by tomorrow.
    Another one is to replace the quotes page with the Knightquote template, especially Oncidium's.

On another note, I would like to request the file mover privilege so I can change the icon names into girlname_icon_00/01.png.
    The "portrait" in the filename is kinda misleading imho.

Lacrima Memoria: Graveyard of the Fleet Maidens (May Poi-chan rest in peace)
    Christmas Eve Marriage: Shiratsuyu-Class 1300JST
    Marriage Memoirs with Murashigure
    Current Flower Knight : Oncidium altissimum (Bride of Fos).

Rep
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    One of the nice things about the state of the Wiki is that a lot of us are the ones contributing and making content for it in the first place. So it's not like there's any worry that we're stealing someone else's content (and traffic). I think in this case, it's fine to have some close cross-talk just as we did in the megathread, but just keep in mind that any ideas we get here may be of interest to other editors on the Wiki who don't come through here.

As for ultimate stages, I can help fill in some of those. My strategy is just to fill a throwaway team with solar drive/healing panels and make sure that the helper goes the same way that they do. Usually leaving team 1 as the throwaway squad is sufficient, but there are a few maps that are different. I don't remember which ones those are, but I'd imagine the JP wiki has them

IGN
    Trickster
    Server
    Palau Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3072 Post(s)
    @HydroKirby Ah yes, I actual was saying about being a mod in this forum in case no one is planning. But I probably shouldn't care.

For your main goals, I will make some general opinion:
    *The Home page existed, but does it need a quick return tab?
    *Needs more idea/notes
    *We do had that, but separate into 3 different articles... Is a larger version like in the JP wiki needed?
    *That is something I'm thinking a few days ago, with the insect picture book now existed it would be nice.
    *yeah we probably need to deal that, the format might be the same as in the jp wiki for easy viewing
    * no word for this
    * Ah that one, I still ideas since I'm too limited what to put there. Perhaps I will post a thread for any wiki user in FKG that had some ideas.
    * Perhaps no changes, but ideas what else to be put is needed
    * A priority, however this page now existed and anyone can add for it.
    * no opinion for that
    * A priority, but this will based on experience. Elders *cough* Veteran players are suggestible-
    * This is rater easy thanks to Nutaku adding it SO EARLY but yeah, a page is needed and perhaps adding info in regards about the girl's story is needed(?)
    * that table is hurting my eye for some reason...

Ok. For the last note, all previous events mainly the ones republish are NOW considered to follow the same format I did for event 1. I don't want to be rude, but I shall be advising not to follow the same stuff as in HBC or stuff thrown by Nutaku.

Anyways anyone is free to do those task as I prepare myself what to do.

Shiratsuyu-Girls:
    Shiratsuyu, Shigure, Murasame, Yuudachi, Harusame, Samidare, Umikaze, Yamakaze, Kawakaze, Suzukaze

IGN
    HydroKirby
    Rep
    Mentioned
    726 Post(s)
    @dandan550 I'm not sure what you mean for a lot of those bullet points...

If you want to follow your style for the republished events, what'll we do when an event I wrote up becomes a republished event? Should we just say "This event currency is no longer in effect" and keep the styling as is? Also, do you want the raw dialog tacked on to the end of the republished events too? Save for the Daily Quests section, I feel like our styles could be merged into one format with some effort. For example, if we rename Exchange to Event Goods and put the same Shop Wares table into the Bremen event page, then both of our styles become the same style.

I'm already aware of the page in the wiki listing almost all flower knight skills, but this is not what I wanted for the Strengthening Synthesis page. I meant a list that only has flower knights with the same skills and no more. Hence, there should be absolutely no 5* or 6* girls in that. The whole point of the list is that it would give players a lookup table to know who can more easily reach skill level 5 than other flower knights. For that matter, you'll never see me update the full-ish list of flower knight skills because I don't see the point of it. In case you haven't noticed, even the Japanese Wiki has the same thing but it's severely outdated because no one uses it and it doesn't tell you anything useful.

IGN
    Trickster
    Server
    Palau Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3072 Post(s)
    @HydroKirby hmmm that seem to be a problem. I check the jp page and it seems it's either they made a new page for that or worse replace the notes.

Shiratsuyu-Girls:

Rear-Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)
    I also suggest that the wikia background need some changing...